PDA

View Full Version : 2250 wood elfs

ivrg
07-04-2009, 15:46
This is my latest list for playing 2250 points battles. I think it have good potential to face any other army. My plan is to use lore of beast on the weaver when facing cavalry and monsters and then use the beast cowers(if i get the spell ofc) to stop such units. The SS is there for treesinging and some supporting magic. I dont think the lore of athel loren is bad at all. I dont know if i am to skip the waywatchers and instead take a unit of 10 glade guards, i cant decide. Seems like both advantages and disadvantages with both things. I have decided to start using glade riders because i feelt i have been missing something that can flee from chargers in the last games i have been playing. Any advice is welcome. This list is upposed to be strong but not cheesy. So dont give me any tips of how to "max out" magic or dual treemens, thank you.

1 Spellweaver
General; Magic Level 4; Longbow
Glamourweave
Ranu's Heartstone
Elf Steed

1 Spellsinger
Magic Level 2; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Calaingor's Stave
Dispel Scroll

1 Alter Noble
Alter; Great Weapon; Longbow; Light Armour; Shield
Stone of the Crystal Mere
Helm of the Hunt

10 Glade Guard
Longbow

10 Glade Guard
Longbow

5 Glade Riders
Spear; Longbow; Musician

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

6 Wild Riders
Spear; Light Armour; Standard; Musician; Wild Hunter

6 Wild Riders
Spear; Light Armour; Standard; Musician; Wild Hunter

7 Wardancers
Wardancer Weapons; Musician; Bladesinger

1 Treeman

5 Waywatchers

Casting Pool: 8
Dispel Pool: 5
Models in Army: 77

Total Army Cost: 2244

Malorian
07-04-2009, 16:02
I like it :) Never thought about putting the crystal on the alter kindred before.

Should be a lot of fun to play with since it has so many elements and should do fairly well.

The Red Scourge
07-04-2009, 16:50
I'd dump the Stone of Crystal Mere for the HoDA.

And then I'd dump the Glamourweave and steed for the Weaver and dump the singer entirely to load your weaver up on scrolls. Then use those points elsewhere – perhaps a wardancer noble with blades of Loec, so that bladesinger gets a purpose :)

Makarion
07-04-2009, 17:26
Consider removing the standard off one of the Wild Rider units (it's likely 100 bonus VP for your opponent that having the standard won't make up for on it's own) and give the other unit a war banner.

ivrg
08-04-2009, 04:30
Thank you. HoDA gives me -300 in comp so maybe its not a very good idea from a comp perspective. I am using the comp rules from warhammer players society.
But ofc otherwise HoDA is a very good and usefull item. I think that both WR groups benefit from standard, but maybe i should find points somewhere to buy a warbanner for one of the groups.

A wardancer noble with monstone of hidden ways would be something to consider. or?

Jericho
08-04-2009, 05:10
I'd dump the Stone of Crystal Mere for the HoDA.

And then I'd dump the Glamourweave and steed for the Weaver and dump the singer entirely to load your weaver up on scrolls. Then use those points elsewhere – perhaps a wardancer noble with blades of Loec, so that bladesinger gets a purpose :)B-ooooooooooo-ring :p Taking HoDA, a re-rolling Wardancer and a 4-scroll mage is about the least interesting way you can design a Wood Elf list. People would hate you for playing a list like that (although taking a Wardancer Highborn w/ even more gear like the Moonstone/Netlings would make things truly unpleasant).

Right now I kinda like how you army avoids some of the no-brainer items and tactics. Personally I would recommend taking a Great Eagle for the L4 so she can get the hell out of Dodge when something dangerous pops up. A BSB is always a good buy, and one of the only things I'd say your army could truly benefit from. The third unit of Dryads are the most obvious thing to drop to buy any other goodies.

Cool list, similar in many ways to mine and I can't argue or else I'd be a hypocrite :p

SiNNiX
08-04-2009, 07:23
Jericho's got some good advice. Good army, mate. Good luck!

And by the way, in my experience it's always been the Wood Elf players that know how to utilize the WE army front and back and perfectly who end up being my biggest challenge, and that includes all of the other armies including the few most recently-added armies. Well-constructed WE armies with smart generals = very very very scary.

Jericho
08-04-2009, 07:36
Yeah there's still a few armies out there that give Wood Elves massive headaches (Dwarfs with Thorek/Anvil and some combination of Organ Guns and/or flaming war machines for one) but generally they are slippery as hell to catch and the Treeman is amazing for tying things up indefinitely. Woodies rarely win a straight forward combat, but in the right hands they will almost never involve themselves in a fight they can't win.

Anyway I just noticed that you took Wild Hunters, and I'm not convinced that they are worth the investment. The only time a unit champ in Knights is a good thing is when they can take magic items, when they can issue challenges to allow a powerful Hero/Lord to slay basic troops, or perhaps when you can stick one on the flank of a unit so that the enemy can only kill 1 model when they flank charge you. But with fast cav, that should never happen. And you don't have any characters to join them or any magic items for them to take. Seems like you could save the points for something more useful (like a warbanner?).