PDA

View Full Version : of fabius bile

Mannimarco
07-04-2009, 21:56
i was thinking of doing a fabius bile themed army, after all hes the guy who claims to have discovered the secrets of the geneseed and the traitor legions rely heavily on him to keep their own numbers up so does anybpdy think its plausible he formed his own CSM army on his crone world?

how do you think the army would be formed?

what about colour scheme?

im looking to keep cult troops out, maybe use possessed squads to represent unstable experiments, plague marines to represent more stable experiments or just basic CSMs using fabius upgrade

weirdo2590
07-04-2009, 22:19
Well its already pratically cannon that he has big stores of experiments locked up to show off to potential clients. I see no reason why he couldnt form them into a cohesive fighting force.

I like the idea of using possessed squads for mutations but if you're themeing them as mutants I would perhaps try to use conversions over the current models and they apear unmistakably demonic. Ditto with plague marines, current models could never represent anything other than plague marines.

Colour scheme I'd just make them match whatever bile's cannon paint job is but a nice little touch that occured to me would be to have identification numbers on their models somewhere, likely shoulderpads, to represent which experiment number they are. Squads could be numbers in a series: eg squad alpha is the E-200's series.

Spider-pope
07-04-2009, 22:21
Fabius Bile has a history of raising up new armies all over the place, so nothing in the fluff to say that your army isnt possible.

Last time he appeared in a Black Library novel was in James Swallow's Red Fury where he:
Tricked a Blood Angels apothecary into granting him access to their gene-seed, and created a new batch of uber-soldier that caused havoc on Baal. It ended with him being pursued by a bunch of Blood Angels seeking revenge

Mannimarco
07-04-2009, 22:24
cool, biles paint scheme looks to be a dheneb stone/khaki/bone overcoat with brass armour, for painting the troops that could be an ok idea, none of the legions use brass armour

the_picto
07-04-2009, 23:23
I know everyone hates them, but spawn would make great failed experiments.

Your idea of using possessed as unstable mutants is a good one. Perhaps throw in a daemon prince as one of his more impressive creations, or a greater daemon for someone mutating mid battle.

Ehanced troops in rhinos and defilers, predators or vindicators for fire power would then make the meat of the army. You could probably get away with obliterators too.

Magos Explorator
07-04-2009, 23:25
I think his coat is made of skin. I'd thought his armour retained the purple of the Emperor's Children legion? I have memories of seeing him with a deep red-purple armour. Brass armour could look good.

Vedar
08-04-2009, 00:42
Just make sure you model his Bike correctly. On page 53 it talks about his cool Fabius Bike under wargear.

DarkReaver
08-04-2009, 09:35
Just make sure you model his Bike correctly. On page 53 it talks about his cool Fabius Bike under wargear.

Fabius Bile doesn't ride a bike...

I know this is a long shot but I have it myself but... If your gaming group doesn't mind why not use the Lost & the Damned rules. Hordes of Mutants backed by some Genetically Enhanced Chaos Marines all lead by Fabius Bile?

Legionary
08-04-2009, 10:55
Fabius Bile doesn't ride a bike...
He's referring to a typo in the C:CSM book that talks about Fabius Bike's wargear.

DarkReaver
09-04-2009, 08:19
He's referring to a typo in the C:CSM book that talks about Fabius Bike's wargear.

My bad. I never noticed that *Runs off to check his codex*

chrismp_123
09-04-2009, 17:08
I think this is a great idea. I have considered doing this a time or two. I thought that it would be cool to mix possessed and chaos marine sprues because of mutations. Also, since some of his experiments get a little out of hand, throwing in some chaos spawns and saying that they are "failed experiments" would be cool.

blackcherry
09-04-2009, 23:52
Sounds like a great idea, full of brilliant potential for conversions. If you decide to do it, please put up pictures:).

sugarwookie
11-06-2009, 03:56
I know this is an old thread, but I've been thinking of Fabius as well. My question is how many enhanced warriors do you think you'd need to stay around in the fight? Fearless and strength five is no joke for three more points, but still pricey at 18 a model.
I like the idea of having Fabius with a couple of Daemon Princes but using mutated models over the standard one. I also think Fabius would have lot's of "Toys" like Dreads and possibly Defilers.
Has anyone done this since the original postings? I have a Fabius in the blister screaming to get out, LOL

Corpse
11-06-2009, 05:01
Fabius' experiments is a mix between having possessed/berzerkers (depending on the icon you give them) and having tactical weapons like meltas, combi-flamers and having options like icons to help them change roles so easily.

You get 30 of them, they pay for fabius bile in their own way. That way he can hang out with them and not be bothered not having a power weapon, his str5 "force weapon that isnt a power weapon or psychic test" thing is fun for monsters.

Kriegfreak
11-06-2009, 06:37
This army would have more mutations and hypordermic needles than you could shake a stick at. Cool idea.