PDA

View Full Version : Sabre Defence Platforms - discussion

boogle
07-04-2009, 22:37
Well seeing as they were an upgrade for 1 heavy weapons team in a heavy weapons platoon, and heavy weapons platoons have now gone, where do you guys think they fit best in conjunction with the new codex?

Personally i think the most logical way is to all 1 set of 1-3 Sabres to be added to a Platoon as 1 of the 0-5 Heavy weapons platoon choices.

For those that don't know what Sabres are here's the link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Sabredp.htm

Noserenda
07-04-2009, 23:37
Forge World are updating stuff to go along with the new IG book apparently, your answer should be in there

EVIL INC
08-04-2009, 00:08
Those are very nice models and I have eyballed them a few times. They looked like they would be great in scenarios as emplacements or build a lil scenery around them to make bunkers.

boogle
08-04-2009, 07:54
Forge World are updating stuff to go along with the new IG book apparently, your answer should be in there

Yeah i know, i originally posted that info, however there was no timeframe invilved with the updating, so this would be an interim measure.

ehlijen
08-04-2009, 08:31
3 options I'd suggest:

-Wait for FW to update the rules in the wake of the new IG release and just use other things in the meantime (boring but 100% RAW)
-Use them as count as for regular heavy weapon teams (could be odd, but you'd still get to show them off)
-Use them as scenery pieces, ie the battle rages on around them as they labour to keep the skies clear of fighta bommas or something. Or possibly objectives?

boogle
08-04-2009, 13:59
3 options I'd suggest:

-Wait for FW to update the rules in the wake of the new IG release and just use other things in the meantime (boring but 100% RAW)
-Use them as count as for regular heavy weapon teams (could be odd, but you'd still get to show them off)
-Use them as scenery pieces, ie the battle rages on around them as they labour to keep the skies clear of fighta bommas or something. Or possibly objectives?

1) that seems the most likely course of action, but with no timescale set, woudl be a bit of a pain
2) it's a bit difficult as everything is twin-linked and heavy stubbers aren't an HW option
3) that's a good idea actually

Brother Loki
08-04-2009, 18:43
They did the IA2 update PDF almost immediately after the marine release so I doubt therell be much delay.

boogle
08-04-2009, 19:47
They did the IA2 update PDF almost immediately after the marine release so I doubt therell be much delay.

Just relating what i was told last week when i spoke to them