PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Names

Commissar Danilov
08-04-2009, 00:37
When I was putting together all of my machines of death I decided to name each one. I doubt that I'm the only one who names their vehicles, so put there names up here.

Here are mine:

My Baneblade "Final Revelation"

Leman Russ names: “Relentless Intolerance” “Terminus” “Unbreakable” “End of the Line” “Beyond Redemption”

Basilisk names: “No Place To Hide” “Creeping Death” “Black Sunshine” “Here Comes the Pain”

Chimera names: “Deliverance” “Hump Wagon”

Sentential name: "Jumbo" <----- Took out 2 Hammerheads, and 2 Devilfish in one game and was still standing at the end of the game.:D

Dr.Clock
08-04-2009, 00:42
Predator: "Blessed Severity

Razorback: "Dutiful Service"

the rest of the tanks have not been given names (painting two rhinos and two razorbacks takes longer than you'd think).

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

Roguebaron
08-04-2009, 00:44
3 chaos landraiders names wither, Fallow and Banish.

Giganthrax
08-04-2009, 00:47
One of my rhinos is called: Bangbus.

deathwing_marine
08-04-2009, 00:48
One of my rhinos is called: Bangbus.

...Awesome :D

Giganthrax
08-04-2009, 00:51
...Awesome :D
The other rhino is called: "1920-1994 - Don't Try", and my land raider has a big WILD CHILD written on its front entrance, but neither of those get as many second looks as the Bangbus.

FashaTheDog
08-04-2009, 01:06
My Land Raider is named Dei Gratia while my Commissariat Baneblade is named the Lord Ilpalazzo. My new modular Shadowsword will be named
Ex Cathedra. While my Rhinos all have names ranging from my Space Wolf Keeper of Secrets killer, Ex Inferis, to the lowly battered, and often borrowed by my Sisters, Rhino Pimp Wagon (written on the rear hatch: When the Rhino's a rockin' don't come a knockin'), I have yet to have them written on the models.

JJsmoothdaddy
08-04-2009, 01:11
My 8 tanks are each named after a character from Thomas the Tank Engine- I call 'em the steam team lol.

SirSnipes
08-04-2009, 01:26
my soulgrinders

murder, death, kill

Skyrir
08-04-2009, 01:49
Land Raider: Gangrene
Baneblade: The Rotting Lord
Predator: Wormheart
Rhinos: Grimvein and Disease

colmarekblack
08-04-2009, 01:53
Stormlord - 'Old Glory'
Baneblade - 'Big Bessie'

Thrax
08-04-2009, 03:37
Chaos vehicles:
Predators ~ Slauterwurk & Killforge
Vindicator ~ Soulbreach
Defiler ~ Magheala
Brass Scorpion ~ Arkuss

Ork vehicles are a bit more predictable, such as "Basha, Masha & Crasha" for battlewagons.

RichBlake
08-04-2009, 03:59
Hellhammer - Big Bertha
6 in 1 Tank (new super heavy kit) - Deliverance

My normal tanks don't have names, they die far too quickly.

Saying that I do have a Chimera that has run over a Daemon Prince, an Avatar, a Chaos Terminator and a Fire Prism rammed into it, not even scratching the paint, but blowing up the Fire Prisim. He probably deserves a name.

Colonel Deal
08-04-2009, 04:10
Baneblades - Hyperion, Daedalus
Leman Russ - Burtram's Glory, Big Plan, The Porkchop Express, Stormy Crow
Chimera - Pretty Penny
Sentinels - Shark, Potshot, Noose

A1TEC
08-04-2009, 04:13
Land Raider - 'Just Run'

Nexus Trimean
08-04-2009, 05:16
Hail Lord Ilpalazzo!

My Warhound is named Bellum Lupis.

Alx_152
08-04-2009, 05:45
Basilisk - The Cure

08-04-2009, 06:06
i have named my leman russes, Emperors Hammer, Holy Wraith, Supreme Justice, Holy Maytr, and my night lords rhinos and vindicators have in blood written on their doors " worship will set you free" chaos gods worship that is, "abandon all hope" and "pray for your soul" to go along with that nightlords pyschological warfare stance, i also have a sacrificial pile of decapitated heads on one of them in a shrine

deathwing_marine
08-04-2009, 06:17
Hail Lord Ilpalazzo!

My Warhound is named Bellum Lupis.

War of wolf? hehe maybe you were going for Lupus Belli

Stormhammers
08-04-2009, 06:26
LR Exterminator- "Man-mower" (3HB and an AC and HS, has a reputation for mowing down infantry in swarms)
Hellhound- "Grot-cooker" (Once rolled up on a number of orks and proceded to roast an obscene number of them)
Basilisk- "Husky" (Husqaverna...as in the chainsaw company, it usually "saws" the table in half when I set him up right)

On a side note, reading the Excel Saga refrence, my psyker is named Pedro...apparently all he can really do is say,"noooooooo!" he tends to fail his die rolls, for everything really.

StormWulfen
08-04-2009, 07:01
well i used to have a razorback called "harkor"
but i am still in the process of naming my other vehicles, especially my rhinos since no one can kill them:evilgrin:

the1stpip
08-04-2009, 07:41
In my new Sallies army, my Dread is called Hephaestus (the Greek god that is Vulcan).

Marshal Argos
08-04-2009, 09:17
I haven't gotten around to painting all the names on yet, but the list is:

Stormblade: “BOHICA”

Valdor: “Kanonenwagen”

Malcador 1: “S#!t Slinger”

Malcador 2: “Fritz”

I never got around to naming my LR's as I feel they are to small to names. Maybe someday I'll name them as well.

Caprosmaster
08-04-2009, 09:26
so far i have a Dreadnought calles, Vidi, i see it fitting for such an ancient warrior
My vinidcator is called Vici, yup my latin knowledge is next to none :P

Caprosmaster

DarkReaver
08-04-2009, 09:30
I have two Chaos Dreadnoughts called "Worker 7" and "Worker 8" and i plan on adding Worker 1 through 6 to join them.
My Workers are a tribute to Final Fantasy Tactics where you can unlock a secret character that's a Robot called "Worker 8" ^^

chromedog
08-04-2009, 09:50
I have a couple of named dreads for my SM.
Sh*tkicker and Psychonaut.
Both are the original metal RT dreads, and being cooped up inside them has driven the occupants rather psycho.

Korras
08-04-2009, 09:57
I'm planning to name my Stormblade something including a reference to 'sun' or 'star', considering it shoots out rather large blobs of superheated plasma. not entirely sure how exactly, though. Death Star sounds too cheesy for some reason ( ;) ). I'm also considering looking up the latin translation.

as for the Baneblade: Statuo Imperator.

crazywhiteboydance
08-04-2009, 10:02
The greatest vehicle name I've ever heard was from my Buddy Vish who'd named his Khornate Dred......C**t Buster!

Vampiric16
08-04-2009, 10:29
Chaos pred: Gilgamel
Defiler: Belial
Dreadnough: Destroyer

Lucky
08-04-2009, 10:52
The greatest vehicle name I've ever heard was from my Buddy Vish who'd named his Khornate Dred......C**t Buster!

Celt Buster? Cart Buster? Cult Buster? I'll stop now...

My two wave serpents are called 'Shoryuken' and 'Hadouken'. In my new guard army I'm planning to name my Executioner 'The Mutt' as it's a plastic-metal-resin hybrid and the rest of the army is all plastic.

Felwether
08-04-2009, 11:11
I named the Vindicator in my Purge army Corpus Messor which (hopefully) translates as Corpse Grinder .

Seems like kind of a waste seeming as it usually dies in the second turn...

I have another tank in the pipeline that goes by the name Charnel Lord but I have yet to find out what that is in latin.

BLZBOB
08-04-2009, 12:41
Celt Buster? Cart Buster? Cult Buster? I'll stop now...

My two wave serpents are called 'Shoryuken' and 'Hadouken'. In my new guard army I'm planning to name my Executioner 'The Mutt' as it's a plastic-metal-resin hybrid and the rest of the army is all plastic.

Cent buster, guy really didn't like ol 'fiddy

For myself I have two Vultures, one with missile racks and rocket pods called Big Badda Boom & its companion with Lascannon & Multilasers 'Photon Rain'

Also a VMB Macahrius called unsuprisingly, Old painless. The remainder of my 40 odd tanks are unnamed however.

Frontier
08-04-2009, 13:39
My Dreadnoughts are:

Porthos, Athos, Aramis, D'Artangian, and Aesir

One Landraider:

Ilious II

Baneblade:

Irony

Shadowsword:

Feru's Beard

Saim-Hann Lord
08-04-2009, 13:49
I recently bought a Stormlord and called it Nullus Verspatia..."No Subtlety".

I had to put it into Latin as the guys in the shop wouldn't let me name the Stormlord with 15 shots of marine death plain old "No Subtlety"

Curse them *shakes fist in general direction of Dundee store*

Don't know what I'm going to call my 3 Russes and 2 Hellhounds though...

StormWulfen
09-04-2009, 08:41
I'm planning to name my Stormblade something including a reference to 'sun' or 'star', considering it shoots out rather large blobs of superheated plasma. not entirely sure how exactly, though. Death Star sounds too cheesy for some reason ( ;) ). I'm also considering looking up the latin translation.

as for the Baneblade: Statuo Imperator.

sun spitter?

MajorWesJanson
09-04-2009, 08:59
Marines:
Dreadnought: Ordo
Land Raider: Amberclad
Predators: Archon
Predator: Deacon
Whirlwind: Able Archer
Whirlwind: Longshot
Whirlwind: Deadeye
Vindicator: Linebacker

Guard:
Baneblade: Iron Fist
Baneblade: Belisarius
Shadowsword: Nimbus
Shadowsword: Stratus

Tau:
Hammerhead- Lance of Faith
Hammerhead- Purity of Purpose
Hammerhead- Divine Will
Sky Ray- Unyielding Truth
Devilfish- Deliverance
Devilfish- Blessed Wind
Devilfish- Armour of Faith
Devilfish- Pure Intent

Fire Harte
09-04-2009, 09:18
I named my Iron Warrior Rhino: Metal Box #1 (ok Bawkse) and the second rhino I do will be called "Metal Box #2"

:evilgrin::eyebrows:

Whitehorn
09-04-2009, 09:47
My Stegadons are named (and painted) after curries.

Not been so creative with vehicles yet!

Awilla the Hun
09-04-2009, 09:49
Demolisher: Thunder Child

Leman Russ Battle Tank: His Will Be Done

monopeludo
09-04-2009, 16:33
Demonhunters

Land Raider Crusader: Purgandus Populus
Chimera: Mercy.
Rhino: Hiperion memories.
GK Dreadnoughts: Brother Simeon, Lord Archibald Hamilton

Damocles8
09-04-2009, 17:09
Stormblade: “BOHICA”

Thank you...that made my day.....

DaSpaceAsians
09-04-2009, 17:12
Leman Russ Vanquisher 1: Buttkicker Alpha
Leman Russ Vanquisher 2: Destructus Maximus
Leman Russ Vanquisher 3: Stallwart Protector
Future Basilisk: Pain in the A**
Chimera: F**CK THE MUTANT, THE HERECTIC and THE ALIEN
Future Baneblade:Lord of Destruction.

They also happen to have Made in Space Taiwan and No Warranty written underneath.

Damocles8
09-04-2009, 17:46
Chimera: F**CK THE MUTANT, THE HERECTIC and THE ALIEN

How about Gek or something local to your army....

Commander Wesker
09-04-2009, 18:44
Chimera 1 Currus
Chimera 2 Impunitas
Leman Russ 1 Bellatora
Leman Russ 2 Proeliator
Basilisk Fundibalus

Zagdag
09-04-2009, 18:46
My Sisters of battle borrow their names from homeric wars (an excellent source for 40k I think). Both take names from the Warrioress Penthesiela's warhost.
Exorsist: Harmothoae meaning: "Sharp nail" or "Keen shot"
Immolator: Braemusa meaning: "Raging Female"
Rhino: Polemusa meaning: (I am uncertain of the translation but i have heard "Preceeding the Enemy")

The latin feel of the names fits for the force often more than the content of their names (though i think "raging female" might just work for the sisters.) In general i have found that the name of a vehicle tends to take on a character of its own, which is why i prefur in theme names that are still ambiguous in meaning such as these that allow the vehicle some leg room.

In my experience calling a tank something like "Indominable Wrath" is just inviting it to suck (cf my old Vindicator Indominable Wrath that ordinanced itself to death once...)

LordofWar1986
09-04-2009, 18:47
Valkyrie #1: Chitty!
Valkyrie #2: Chitty!
Valkyrie #3: Bang!!
Valkyrie #4: Bang!!

Gotta love Ace Ventura Pet Detective :D

Scorpion
09-04-2009, 19:19
My Leman Russ Punisher will have "MO' DAKKA!" painted on the side turret in the best Orkish style! :P

invinciblebug
09-04-2009, 19:37
Baneblade #1 Lord of destruction
Baneblade #2 Lord of terror
Baneblade #3 Lord of hatred

Gotta love diablo :p

Dakkagor
09-04-2009, 19:55
Lord Ilpalazzo

All hail Lord Ilpalazzo!

Seriously you should convert some models doing the salute, it would be hilarious.

I plan on naming the stompas in my stompa mob the following

Deff flinga

Go-burn

Zagblitz

which is probably the 3 most obscure references on the thread, but oh well.

spud75
09-04-2009, 20:01
I name mine after WW 1/WW 2 Royal Navy ships.

Saim-Hann Lord
09-04-2009, 20:20
I name mine after WW 1/WW 2 Royal Navy ships.

And what are they?

Hamarpain
09-04-2009, 20:38
My Stormlord: Ignus Rex. Lots of flame.
My Minotaur: Orthus, the twoheaded dog.
Dunno what i should name my company hq centaur. That baby just took like 40 shots of pulse rifles, railgun, missiles and plasmaguns just to bring to a halt. Maybe Achilleus.

AlexCage
09-04-2009, 20:43
Just came to me:

Baneblade - Scrupulous Denial. Come on, say it with me, it's fun!

My Punisher will be called - Nail Gun

And the Command Chimera - Colonel's Casket.

sydbridges
09-04-2009, 21:45
My Emperor's Children Predator: Chris Hansen.

IrishDelinquent
09-04-2009, 21:56
In my (heavily thematic) Raven Guard army, I have:

- A Land Raider named The White Tower, a pun on the Black Tower (which is known for it's ravens).
- Revered brother Roäc, a Dreadnought named after one of Thorin Oakenshield's ravens.
- Brân's Might, a Predator named after the Giant King of Britain in Welsh Mythology (whose name literally translates into Raven).

...notice a trend :p

Marshal Argos
09-04-2009, 22:09
Thank you...that made my day.....

Glad I could be of service... A little off topic, but I once had an idea to create my own SM Chapeter the "DILLIGAF Marines" headed by Chapter Master "FIGMO". In the end though the names, as much as l love them, just didn't seem to work. Since then I have just named my Super Heavies with them. While DILLIGAF will be the name of my Stormlord when it's done I'm still working on which of my next superheavies get's FIGMO.

Damocles8
10-04-2009, 00:04
Glad I could be of service... A little off topic, but I once had an idea to create my own SM Chapeter the "DILLIGAF Marines" headed by Chapter Master "FIGMO". In the end though the names, as much as l love them, just didn't seem to work. Since then I have just named my Super Heavies with them. While DILLIGAF will be the name of my Stormlord when it's done I'm still working on which of my next superheavies get's FIGMO.

Ooohh how about FIGJAM?

Threeshades
10-04-2009, 00:12
Since my first ork pikk-up (Gitdruff, a German ork glyph combination) I haven't named a vehicle of mine. However my carnifexes are called Harry (modular), Barry (CC-fex) and Larry (Sniper), my walking Hive Tyrant is named Jimbo and his Guards are called Kearny, Nelson and Dolph.

I was also considering getting a Fire Prism grav tank with holo fields, spirit stone and vectored engines and call it Mary Sue.

Barbarossa
10-04-2009, 08:41
My Warhound is called 'Lord Perth' after a few lines from a poem going

So fell Lord Perth
And the whole world did shake
The thunder of his fall caused the whole world wake
Five thousand miles from anywhere
Ten thousand miles from nowhere

My Leman Russ Demolisher is called 'Old Reliant' after surviving this (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/StBarbarossa/Panzer/IMG_0114b.jpg).
We had a mega tank battle at our local store and the enemy just rolled over us. Our left flank and center simply evaporated and soon every enemy tank was gunning for my demolisher since it was the only target in range. They never managed to kill him. The main gun was blown off, as was the las cannon and one plasma cannon. The crew was stunned senseless, but the tank survived. I would like to say that he turned the battle around, but that would be wishful thinking.

My next tanks will be a Malcador and a Valdor. They'll be called 'Emily' and 'Charlotte' after two of the Brontë sisters because of Emily Brontë's poem

Crushers of helpless misery,
Crushing down Justice, honouring Wrong:
If that be feeble, this be strong.

If I ever get the third Malcador, it'll be called 'Anne'.

JustTony
10-04-2009, 10:19
My Leman Russes got their names from "Hammer's Slammers" by David Drake:
The Plow
Two Star
Hoodoo