PDA

View Full Version : Gw gt

highelfmage
08-04-2009, 02:49
i heard from a local hobby store owner that this year there is not going to be any GW GT. can any comment on this, i hope it is not true

The Anarchist
08-04-2009, 02:53
where about do you live, is this uk GT, or another country?

Kacz
08-04-2009, 03:16
The US won't have any GTs in 2009.

This was confirmed on the GW blog: http://gwuscommunity.com/?p=442 , and I thought there was another thread made about this as well.

silentarrow12
08-04-2009, 03:36
This is truly terrible news if it proves true. I have searched the GW site for any sign of the Grand Tournaments this year, to no avail. I feel like by this point we would have received some news either way though. I also searched through the GW Gamesday information part of the site. Disturbingly, I found no mention of any tournaments at Gamesday this year either. Is there some kind of correlation here? I did hear somewhere that Games Workshop was trying to totally revamp the Tournament scene.

BenTheRat
08-04-2009, 03:37
It is true in the USA at least. No GW run GT's, not that I attend many anyway.

I prefer the Indy run GT's myself, much better.

BLARGAG!!!
08-04-2009, 03:46
*EDIT* BenTheRat beat me to it

Nazgit the Exorcist
08-04-2009, 03:51
Same in my state in Australia, and in the entire country I believe. My local club runs fantastic tournaments, so I'm not too worried :D

Storak
08-04-2009, 08:44
well, people could write down top 10 lists, without ever playing a game anyway. same armies showing up all the times, with some minor variation of numbers and top ranks.

if i was an optimists, i would expect them to use the pause to fix balance. but i am not.

Briohmar
08-04-2009, 12:25
Its sad really. The GTs use to be really fun, but then they took all the restrictions away, and determined the GTs were no longer fun. Instead of putting soft scores back into the Tournaments, they just cancelled the tournaments. This way, they don't have to admit they were wrong. I mean really, just how many armies fighting at the same time can be led by Karl Franz. And if there were only 10 Steam Tanks ever made, three of them were lost or destroyed, then how many of them could appear at the same time? Apparently the answer is 42.

selone
08-04-2009, 13:34
Sad to s ee :(