PDA

View Full Version : [wotr] Rules Q: Measurement concerning Heros

msoong
08-04-2009, 05:25
Many special rules & Spells regarding Epic Hero requires you to measure the distance between a Hero and a target. In this case how do you measure? Do you measure from the Hero's FIGURE base? from his company? Or his formation?

I tend to think that you measure from the FORMATION he is in, to the target COMPANY. THis is mainly based on p.68 "moving epic heros", since nowhere else talk about even remotely measuring to and from Hero figures.

Thoughts?

Crovax20
08-04-2009, 07:44
Personally I think from the company he is in.. since he is essentially shooting a spell and that gets measured per company.

dtjunkie19
08-04-2009, 08:19
Its either company or base. True nowhere does it mention measuring from epic heroes or to them. However the RAW does say from the caster. Not from the caster's company. Also if you look to the rules for the Fellowship, it does specifically mention "spells are considered to be cast by Gandalf for purposes of range ." Pg 146. This would imply that you must measure from gandalf not from anywhere in the formation, even though since its a legendary formation it is 1 company large.

takaetun
08-04-2009, 09:02
You cast spells from the model casting. Many spells have the phrase "Choose one enemy formation within 24" of the caster" (emphasis added). As the model is casting the spell, not the formation, you measure from Gandalf's base, for example.

Rirekon
08-04-2009, 09:03
From the edge of the caster's base

miker1
08-04-2009, 09:57
I'd go with from the caster, not the formation/company

Nilhouse
08-04-2009, 14:17
Caster's base, but only because in some legendary formations like The Fellowship of the Ring, you have to measure spell ranges from Gandalf's actual model.

msoong
08-04-2009, 15:13
Sounds like measuring is FROM the caster/Hero doing the special ability, TO the target entity as specified (if to an individual then to his base, if to a target formation then closest point in the formation, etc.).

I'll play thins way until this gets FAQ'ed.