PDA

View Full Version : new imperial guard comand platoon

yohanes13
16-12-2005, 09:26
i read the other day that white dwarf featured a new imperial guard comand platoon, where they talking about the high comand thing or was there somthing else i missed

ArtificerArmour
16-12-2005, 10:21
High command is correct. for use only in the cadia campaigns.

Eduard
16-12-2005, 11:51
Basicly it's an commander with a command cadre (staff). Think along the lines of an Inquisitor with his retinue and you're not far off.

VanHel
17-12-2005, 05:12
So its only available to cadians? Thats ******* lame. What about my Praetoreans?

Cypher
17-12-2005, 05:30
It was called the Cadian High Command, and was supposed to be for cadian armies. Truthfully, I dont think it would be inappropriate to use it for any IG force, unless you were using one of the doctrine sets that allows more than five doctrines.

Think of the way that the Armageddon codex stuff was for any army, since any army could have fought on Armageddon.

Nazguire
17-12-2005, 07:37
It was a Cadian High Command as others have said. Basically you got a sub-par Command Platoon that costed too much. But it was characterful and would be appreciated by any gamer provided it was modelled appropriately and field thematically. You did get some occasionally cool stuff but it wasn't anything great though.

In the same article there were the Chosen of Ahriman. Source of both great hope and great chagrin to Thousand Sons players. On the rumour mill it sounded great "teleporting Rubric Marines! I can actually capture quarters without paying for a Rhino or rolling consecutive 6's for my movement rolls!". Then the White Dwarf hit..."Oh....a 2 wound lieutenant, that costs more than a Chaos Lord...and only Rubric Marines...no teleporting Possessed or Chosen for me...just Rubrics...fun"

GodofWarTx
17-12-2005, 08:53
It was a Cadian High Command as others have said. Basically you got a sub-par Command Platoon that costed too much. But it was characterful and would be appreciated by any gamer provided it was modelled appropriately and field thematically. You did get some occasionally cool stuff but it wasn't anything great though.

In the same article there were the Chosen of Ahriman. Source of both great hope and great chagrin to Thousand Sons players. On the rumour mill it sounded great "teleporting Rubric Marines! I can actually capture quarters without paying for a Rhino or rolling consecutive 6's for my movement rolls!". Then the White Dwarf hit..."Oh....a 2 wound lieutenant, that costs more than a Chaos Lord...and only Rubric Marines...no teleporting Possessed or Chosen for me...just Rubrics...fun"

Dont underestimate having 4 very painful lord characters running about, 3 with squads with them teleporting this way and that. talk about a nightmare to face. I havent faced it, and look to the challenge with both dread and interest.

ArtificerArmour
17-12-2005, 09:31
it isn't just for cadians, its for the Cadian campaigns. the examples shown were from a staffers Steel Legion army. it's any Imperial Gaurd army - infact I havn't seen a Cadian one yet. or any other IGs yet...

Minister
17-12-2005, 10:27
If and when my Mordians get a full army, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart shall step forth at the head of the high command, leading the 31st Redshirts to glory!

Barbarossa
17-12-2005, 15:14
So its only available to cadians? Thats ******* lame. What about my Praetoreans?

Well, I've just finished building one for my Praetorians.
I think the High Command should be available for any regiments as they are usually used to make different regiments work together. That's why I used almost no praetorian minis for that unit. I wanted it to look like being formed of military staff from different regiments.

sulla
17-12-2005, 22:33

Hmm... chaos lieutenant...mark of tzeench...psychic power which allows teleport of any rubrik squad...1-3 of these could be an HQ choice... Just how much did you think they should cost:confused: ? And since when did possessed or chosen become a must-have in any Tzeench list? And how come you aren't complaining about their (possessed and chosen's) outrageous price?

My guess is you are just complaining for the sake of complaining... am I right?:)

boogle
18-12-2005, 00:58
it does say that the High Copmmand is only 'officially' available in the Cadian campaign, but it does go on to say that anyone who doesn't let their opponent use this unit in other armies should have really bad luck for being so inflexible

VanHel
18-12-2005, 01:10
I guess I'll start work on one now then.