PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point skaven

psyco1234
08-04-2009, 17:18
First off, hello, typically I'm a 40k player, and have never actually had a fantasy battle... but it has been drawing my attention recently.

Second, years ago, i really wanted to play fantasy, so i purchased myself a bunch of skaven, painted a few, then promptly quit wargaming in general, so i have a few models.

As I've already stated, I don't know fantasy. So my intent is to go to the local GW sometime in the near future and learn the basics. Anyways, I thought I'd make an army list to start out with. It seems not many people play skaven, so there werent to many threads on tactics and such, so this is basically someone's sample tourney list (2000 pt) scaled down to my size.

I have all the models currently, and am very stingy with my money these days, so everything in the list I already have (Minus the jezzails) and just needs a LOT of repair and paint.

Without further stalling:

------HEROES-----
Chieftan(45) 95
Battle standard bearer
War Banner

Warlock Engineer(45) 95
warp blades, supercharged
Dispell Scroll

Warlock Engineer(45) 95
warp blades, supercharged
Dispell Scroll

-------CORE------
Clanrats (25x5)(125) 140
Musician,Banner

Clanrats (25x5)(125) 140
Musician,Banner

Clanrat Slaves (21x2) 42

Clanrat Slaves (21x2) 42

Wind Globadiers (2x10) 20

Wind Globadiers (2x10) 20

Night Runners (5x5) 50

Night Runners (5x5) 50

-----SPECIAL-----

Jezzails (10x20) 200

989 points
119 models

Thank you in advanced!

Xynok
09-04-2009, 00:58
good blockage, there's quite a lot of ratty goodness.... not sure on how you want it to run which doesn't help.

In terms of advice get a storm daemon for one of the engineers... split the jezzails up also. Champions aren't gonna help much execpt for challenge protection. Good 21 model slave units (naked and need that 1 model more for panic).

Look on my threads if you want there's already some good tips in them from other people =]

Foegnasher
09-04-2009, 03:21
split the jezzails in two.

good looking starter horde there, my friend.