PDA

View Full Version : a 2250 VC list

woden34
08-04-2009, 18:30
Hi guys!,

I am trying to come up with a fun VC list at 2250 pts that includes a Zombie Dragon.

What do you think of this list?

Lord: (lvl 3wizard) Red Fury, Dread Knight, Walach's Bloddy Hauberk, Blood Drinker, Black Periapt, Zombie Dragon

Vamp: Forbidden Lore (to take Lore of Beasts), Summon Ghouls, Helm of Commandment, Power Stone

Vamp: Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls, Book of Arkhan

Core:

15 Ghouls w/ Ghast
11 Ghouls w/ Ghast
10 Ghouls w/ Ghast

Corpse cart w/Balefire

Special:

20 Graveguard (FC) w/Banner of Barrows
8 Black Knights w/barding and Banner of Dead Legion

Rare:
Varghalf

So the idea would be to have the ghouls support GG donw the center. Black Knights with Varghalf support on one side and Zombie Dragon Lord coming from the other side.

Any help woudl be great!!:)

Malorian
08-04-2009, 18:32
What is the point of dreadknight on the lord? A 25 point shield?

woden34
08-04-2009, 18:40
Actually, I was using it to get the lance and the shield.

Classical Mushroom
08-04-2009, 18:52
Hi guys!,

I am trying to come up with a fun VC list at 2250 pts that includes a Zombie Dragon.

What do you think of this list?

Lord: (lvl 3wizard) Red Fury, Dread Knight, Walach's Bloddy Hauberk, Blood Drinker, Black Periapt, Zombie Dragon

Vamp: Forbidden Lore (to take Lore of Beasts), Summon Ghouls, Helm of Commandment, Power Stone

Vamp: Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls, Book of Arkhan

Core:

15 Ghouls w/ Ghast
11 Ghouls w/ Ghast
10 Ghouls w/ Ghast

Corpse cart w/Balefire

Special:

20 Graveguard (FC) w/Banner of Barrows
8 Black Knights w/barding and Banner of Dead Legion

Rare:
Varghalf

So the idea would be to have the ghouls support GG donw the center. Black Knights with Varghalf support on one side and Zombie Dragon Lord coming from the other side.

Any help woudl be great!!:)

Looks like an a ok list buddy tho i think you should gear your lord a little differently.
Take Avatar of Death instead of Dread Knight as you only really need the shield it will save you a whole 5pts :p Also give your lord Infinite hatred as it will affect his dragon as well. :angel:

For items id take Balefire spike as you will almost always get the charge and flaming will help take out those pesky regen saves. I also feel strongly that VC generals should always have The cadaverous Cuirass as it takes lucky killing blows out of the picture. I would also take the crown of the Damned for a bit of extra protection :)

Do you mind if i ask why one of your vampires will be using Lore of Beasts?

Malorian
08-04-2009, 19:20
Actually, I was using it to get the lance and the shield.

But you take the blood drinker, and since you have to use the magical weapon if you have it the lance could only be used is the blood drinker was destroyed.

PxDn Ninja
08-04-2009, 19:24
You can't take Dread Knight on that Lord. If you take Dread Knight, you MUST use a Barded Hellsteed as your mount. Check the Vampire Counts Erata for verification.

woden34
08-04-2009, 20:28
@Classical Mushroom: Thanks for the suggestions:) I was thinking Lore of Beasts for Bear's Anger.

@Mal: I can't believe I missed that :o

@PxDn Ninja: I just saw that in the Erata :(

Thanks guys:D

Classical Mushroom
08-04-2009, 20:51
@Classical Mushroom: Thanks for the suggestions:) I was thinking Lore of Beasts for Bear's Anger.

The vampire bear trick hey :) Well if you do want him in combat then i would suggest giving him the Book of Arkhan as he wont be able to use the Helm of Commandment if he himself is in combat. ;)

Modaavi
08-04-2009, 21:01

@Mal: I can't believe I missed that :o

@PxDn Ninja: I just saw that in the Erata :(

Thanks guys:D

Well the main problem with either the Bear's Anger or Flaming Sword of Rhuin trick is that both spells are easy to dispel and can only be cast once. No good opponent will let you get that spell on your Lord, in my experience, so I think it is much better to swap Forbidden Lore for Dark Acolyte on that vamp and give him some more PD to work with.