PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Points of Skaven

petpetpetpet
08-04-2009, 17:35
Im really awful at Fantasy, mainly at 40K player and am looking for advice to get better. I always seem to lose no matter what happens, I seem lose less badly when I stack up on magic. Im looking for advice on this army list thanks:-

Characters.

Greyseer
Warpstone charm, eye of the horned rat, dispel scroll, warpstone amulet.

Warlock engineer
Warp blades, condensor, accumulator, stormdaemon, dispel scroll.

Warlock engineer
Warp blades, condensor, accumulator, 2 dispel scrolls.

Chieftain
Heavy armour, BSB.

Core.

25 Clanrats
Standard, musician, ratling gun.

25 Clanrats

20 Slaves
Musician

20 Slaves
Musician

5 Night Runners
Additional handweapons

3 Poisoned Wind Globadiers

Special.

5 Gutter Runners
Poisoned handweapons, tunnel team.

5 Jezzails

5 Jezzails

25 Plague Monks
Full command, additional hand weapons, banner of burning hatred.

Rare.

Warplightningcannon

7 Plague Censer Bearers.

Thanks,

Pet

Malorian
08-04-2009, 17:37
If you tell us who you usually face and how you lose then we can give you better advice.

fishound7
08-04-2009, 23:54
Way more combat blocks. At the moment you barley outnumber my dwarf list and your playing THEE all time horde army. Unless your trying to go SAD go WAY more blocks.

fishound7
08-04-2009, 23:54
oops I guess your trying to go SAD um doh

Shamfrit
09-04-2009, 00:08
oops I guess your trying to go SAD um doh

Thank you for that wonderfully helpful post there :rolleyes:

Characters.

Greyseer
Warpstone charm, eye of the horned rat, dispel scroll, warpstone amulet.

Warlock engineer
Warp blades, condensor, accumulator, stormdaemon, dispel scroll.

Warlock engineer
Warp blades, condensor, accumulator, 2 dispel scrolls.

Chieftain
Heavy armour, BSB.

A fairly standardised character set up and it works functionally, but, there's a tweak or two I'd suggest: firstly, too many scrolls - 3 is pushing it. For you and for your opponent! Remove the Dispel Scroll from the Seer, and drop the Heavy Armour from the Cheiftain, and use the points to add a single clanrat or two slaves to your existing units, and purchase the War Banner for the Cheiftain. It doesn't matter that he's lost protection, it will render him virtually immune to being picked off by the Rule of Burning Iron, and he'll be in the back of a unit anyway (at least I hope he will.) I'd drop a scroll on the double scroll engineer in favour of Death Globes, or drop it altogether to make him nice and cheap, and give yourself 5 extra clanrats.

Core.

25 Clanrats

25 Clanrats

20 Slaves
Musician

20 Slaves
Musician

Fairly standard core, you've now got, in line with the changes, a unit of 30 Clanrats and a unit of 26.

5 Night Runners
Additional handweapons

3 Poisoned Wind Globadiers

Drop the hand weapons on the Nightrunners and use them exclusively as a screen for your clanrats or to run up a flank to march block - they're so useless either way outside of those two roles. Buy another Poison Wind Globadier if you can squueze it in.

Special.

5 Gutter Runners
Poisoned handweapons, tunnel team.

5 Jezzails

5 Jezzails

25 Plague Monks
Full command, additional hand weapons, banner of burning hatred.

Gutter Runners are fine (4 would be better if you're using them for static unit hunting.) 2X 5 Jezzails is fine and balanced, but the Plaque Monks seriously don't need to be that big - a unit of 18, in a 3X6 formation with Banner Bearer, Musician, and Umbranner to deal with shooting is a big enough and cheap enough hammer unit - especially with your Plaque Censers. Big frenzied units like this are a big points sink to have baited off the board. You save a wad of points, if you use those points from earlier changes you can get a 3rd unitof 25 Clanrats with command and with slight changes beyond that, a third unit of slaves.

Rare.

Warplightningcannon

7 Plague Censer Bearers.

Spot on.

Hope this helps :p it's very similar to what I run with the exception of the Warlord and Stormvermin over the Seer.

Foegnasher
09-04-2009, 03:09
too much zappy-shooty, not enough hordy-hordy.

teh foegnasher has spoken.

petpetpetpet
22-04-2009, 17:15
Everytime I try horde it gets wtfpawned, everytime I try skryre it does wtfpwning. I've tried 2000 point armies with near enough 200 models and they just don't kill anything and get murdered in combat which is why im experimenting more skyre and it's working much better so far.

Thanks,

Pet

Foegnasher
22-04-2009, 23:14
Everytime I try horde it gets wtfpawned, everytime I try skryre it does wtfpwning. I've tried 2000 point armies with near enough 200 models and they just don't kill anything and get murdered in combat which is why im experimenting more skyre and it's working much better so far.

Thanks,

Pet

look at my battle reports to see how to win, horde style.