PDA

View Full Version : (WotR) quick pikes-related question.

FuzzyOrb
08-04-2009, 19:53
Hello.
As the title says, just a quick question:
Do pikes deny the enemy his attack dice in general or do they only work against cavalry?
My (german) rulebook says it works only against cav but i got a feeling that it could be different in the original, because people on the 'net repeatedly say that it grands "protection from charges" without mentioning any restrictions...
It's just a feeling though, so i want to make sure what the rules (on page 57, btw) really say.

Thanks in advance!

Nilhouse
08-04-2009, 20:42
I was under the impression it denied any charger's bonus dice derived from charging.

FuzzyOrb
08-04-2009, 20:57
Do you happen to have rulebook to have quick gaze?
Anyone?

Garoth
08-04-2009, 21:05
There is nothing in the English rules that suggests that the effect is limited to cavalry.

FuzzyOrb
08-04-2009, 21:16
Thank you very much!
Rage does ensure, though!
One gotta ask how they can translate a rule in such a poor way:mad:
And i was just getting over that Ork-codex!!:mad::mad::mad:

Oh, and while we are at it: The pike effect only works if the company is attacked in the front, right? -just to make sure:rolleyes:

Nilhouse
08-04-2009, 21:32
From my understanding of the english rules that is also correct, though I don't have my book with me.

Rirekon
08-04-2009, 21:57
Pikes have three effects;
1. The Company counts it's Fight as being 1 higher
2. The Company doesn't receive additional dice when it charges
3. Enemies that charge the Company don't receive additional dice

Things to note in this;
1. The additional Fight works regardless of whether you're fighting to the front, flank or rear
2. The additional Fight will apply when using a Hero's Fight
3. The enemy loses additional dice when it charges - any other effects occuring as a result of charging will still work (this applies to your company too of course)

FuzzyOrb
08-04-2009, 22:09
Thank you for pointing it out.:)
My, my, this is VASTLY different from what it says in the german copy...
Everytime i purchase a new rulebook from them i keep telling myself:"This is the LAST book you bought in german!" It's always the same...