PDA

View Full Version : Does a Hyrda with dead handlers still have Hatred?

Peril
08-04-2009, 19:56
Well, does it?

theunwantedbeing
08-04-2009, 19:58
Page 98 of the Dark Elf Armybook makes the answer to this question very clear.

Peril
08-04-2009, 20:26
Okie doke. I will check it when I get home. I thought I read through it but I must have skimmed over it or something. Thanks.

MasterSparks
08-04-2009, 20:29
Just to make sure that it won't occupy your mind all too much if you're gonna be driving home - the hydra do indeed have eternal hatred as a special rule of its own.

Kloud13
09-04-2009, 08:48
It's Retarded, but RaW, yep they do.

But, it really should be just the Handlers with Hatred.

And I am glad that powergaming prick left GW

Hatred for the Mounts and Monsters was just a plain bad Idea Period.

rottahn
09-04-2009, 09:01
well Gav did need to throw a bone to all the DE players out there before he left GW.(good riddance)

Gav actually called Nagash a vampire once. i pretty much died inside.

at any rate, a search of the threads on rules will show you several posts on this very subject. yes, the hydra has the "DE hatred".

Dvil
09-04-2009, 09:18
Gav actually called Nagash a vampire once. i pretty much died inside.

Wait, is this in the Vamps book? Because if you read it thoroughly, he never actually says that. The problem is that he seems to assume that people know Nagash isn't, so he never clarifies, so it's easy to infer from the text that he is. If that makes sense at all...

So yeah, it's not as bad as it could be, but it's still not perfect.
Oh, and sorry for the O-T.

Rodman49
09-04-2009, 11:33
well Gav did need to throw a bone to all the DE players out there before he left GW.(good riddance)

Lay off the Gav hate man, he did a great job with the last DE book.

Kloud13
09-04-2009, 12:53
Lay off the Gav hate man, he did a great job with the last DE book.

Uhhhhmmm yeah...NO.

Great job, Just like he did with the Vampires.

These two Armies are a Powergamers Dream. Why, Because they were written by one.

rottahn
09-04-2009, 18:32
gav did a great job with the new DE book. he made them a very potent army that ranks up with DoC and VC. only mat ward outshines gav in "powergamer writer of armybookness"

oh and not to mention all the confusion with the wording of several magic items in DE which caused a lot of confusion.

BUT, he is a way better writer than the WoC writer i guess. Gav thorpe described Nagash as a blood drinker i think it was in a WD a long time ago? probably the one with the vampire on the cover. i dont know where it was but it was horrible.

Makaber
09-04-2009, 19:08
Unlike the Vampire Counts and Daemons of Chaos books, the Dark Elves are actually fun both to play with, and against.

Which makes it a good book in my eyes, power balance be damned.

rottahn
09-04-2009, 19:18
i think the player makes more difference as to whether the game is "fun" or not.