PDA

View Full Version : Elves or Dwarfs

Spartagrot
16-12-2005, 09:59
I am just finishing my Lizardmen army & already thinking about next one.

So please vote and tell me what you think thanks.

Insane Alex
16-12-2005, 11:24
Some tactics from Lizardmen work with the High Elves. Namely using your infantry to take frontal charges and still winning. In addition, your have very good cavalry, plus some of the hardest character options in the game. Not to forget magic.
On the other hand, a lot of units are useless or overpriced. Phoenix Guard, archers and Lothern Seaguard spring to mind.

Lord Anathir
17-12-2005, 04:55
erm...take dwarfs....its a pleasant change from the lizard heads.

speedygogo
17-12-2005, 10:22
Dwarves are like orcs in that they are fun to play. WE are probably the the best tactical army out of the three but games with them tend to be blow out wins or losses. A loss is fun for a dwarf general because they can put it the old book-o-grudges. The ussually have close games which is fun to me.

god octo
17-12-2005, 11:05
i've been playing woodies since 5th ed, so you can guess my vote!

patataman
17-12-2005, 13:29
dwarf, their are strong like a rock :D

Alfginnar Oakenshield
17-12-2005, 16:30
What a question? Who would prefer tall, fair and skilled over short, fat and agressive?

Ahem... Dwarfs all the way! They are much more characterful than the pansies, and with their new rules they will be more fun to play.

Go for the sons of Grungni!

AO

Crazy Harborc
17-12-2005, 19:15
Well!!! Here we go again;) It's been a while since I've seen a poll for Elves versus Dwarves.

I play ALL three (plus more), therefore the poll is not complete, IMHO.;)

Spartagrot
17-12-2005, 21:39
I dont want to do Dark Elves thats why there not on the poll.

DisturbeD_
17-12-2005, 22:54
dwarfs, they are nails and they have just been re done so a new awesome army 2 learn about

Mouldsta
17-12-2005, 23:19
To be honest, they're very different, and although models etc should be a major concern (no-one want to play with an army they hate the look of), how they play is important too.

For example I really like dwarfs, I think they're characterful, have nice (new) models and would be fun to paint. I can't however bear to have an army that only moves 6" per turn if it even moves at all - movement is by far my favourite (and in my opinion the most tactical) aspect of the game, so i couldn't play an army that can't pull it's weight in the movement phase.

You should probably think about what you enjoy and what you don't like, rather than just asking others what they like

Trunks
18-12-2005, 03:39
I would choose what appeals the most aesthetically. I could never play Dwarves since I don't like the imagery all that much, and they are slow so don't do much in the movement phase. That may be exactly what you like though.

gorenut
18-12-2005, 06:11
Out of the two.. I'd go either Dwarfs or Wood Elves. Both got redone and new models. I would never choose high elves because they just don't play like their race suggests... wood elves on the other hand are exactly what I imagined elves to be played like.

The boyz
18-12-2005, 12:27
Dwarves all the way Spartagrot, especially since they are getting some great new minatures and a re vamp.

Ares
19-12-2005, 08:34
Usually i say get the High Elves but since the Dwarfs have had their needed revision i say get the mighty midgets!!!

But if you like a challanging army then WE's are it.

Quetzl
19-12-2005, 08:54
Go for the little dudes, too many people have Elves *In my expierence anywho!* so Dwarfs would probably be a breath of fresh air.

Gratnuk Ironfist
05-01-2006, 09:05
Yeah go for dwarfs, and be welcomed into the warm and friendly hold of the lord of the mountains. We might be slow, but that's cause we don't need to run away from or to anyone and if you need any help just ask rik, squirrle or me and we'll direct you to the warmest and freindliest dwarf hold ever. We might not be big in number, but we're the strongest in freindship. (Especially if you prefer cannons to GT)

BlazeXI
05-01-2006, 09:24
I'd suggest Dwarfs(best back ground and nice minis), if not then Wood Elves(excellent minis). Skip the High Elves, as the minis are the worst.
Dwarfs and WE are completely opposite gaming-wise. Thake into account what you want Shooty/or hard as nails H-t-H vs manouvarable force.

fubukii
05-01-2006, 09:54
bleh i hate dwarves, its because they are midgets and have beards.

Xisor
05-01-2006, 11:16
Go with Dwarfs, or secondly Wood Elves.

Dwarfs: Fun army, newly redeveloped and very characterful. They're also fun to play, and it's not unusual for alot of your games to be fairly close. They're reasonably forgiving based on the high armour content, but they're by no means easy. They're also quite different from Lizardmen, so it's certainly a nice refreshing change for you.

Wood Elves: If you don't want the extreme change, then wood elves are quite a mild change, they still have potent magic, high Mv value etc. Tactically flexible they are, but I'd still say not as fun and characterful as Dwarfs!

Xisor

Crube
05-01-2006, 11:50
Well, if you'd asked a few months ago - Wood Elves....

but they're nearly done now, and i have a shiny new Dwarf Army box waiting so the decision gets trickier...

Dwarfs

Always an old favourite, minis taht are slightly easier to paint (for me at least), and the opportunity for some really varied, and themed lists with the new book...

MadJackMcJack
05-01-2006, 11:56
It's a choice between a race of tree-hugging la-dee-da poofters, or a group of drunken midgets who can take a cannonball to the face and come out laughing. No contest, Dwarves all the way.