PDA

View Full Version : 2250 slaan led lizard list (need feedback)

Foegnasher
09-04-2009, 03:16
so i've given my opponents fits with the carnasaur/oldblood w/ BoR.

some have complained that three terror causers is too much.

whattya say we give them something to really complain about?

The Golden Host

general:

Slaan, bsb, +1 to cast, all spells, reroll miscasts, cupped hands, dispel scroll
skink preist, lvl 2, dispel scroll, plaque of tapok
skink chief, shield, war spear, steggie

core

18 saurus, spears, full command
10 skink skirmishers
10 skink skirmishers

special

14 temple gaurd, full command
3 terradons
3 terradons
5 cold one cav, mu.

so this has "9" power dice, 6 dispel and 2 scrolls. and 8 drops.

my carnasaur army has 5 pd with the diadem, so i'm really only takeing three. and have 6 dispel dice and a single scroll. and it has no bsb in it, and only ld 8.

which would you rather face? the nigh-unbreakable temple gaurd with the mystic space frog, or more saurus and the oldblood on the carnasaur with the sword of "whoops you're dead"?

SiNNiX
09-04-2009, 03:45
Slann army is always going to be scarier. I'd ditch cupped hands, though. If you're rerolling miscasts (and they're already uncommon anyway), all too often this item isn't used at all. I'd go with power scrolls and bane head (Spirit credited).

Other than that I think you have too few units; honestly can't see how that's 2,250 actually.

blackjack
09-04-2009, 03:47
+1 to cast, all spells

I have seen this refered to by others, what slann ability is this? Do you mean Focused Rumination +1d6 power die for all spells?

Pitalla Crimson
09-04-2009, 04:12
I have seen this refered to by others, what slann ability is this? Do you mean Focused Rumination +1d6 power die for all spells?

apparently it is.

Foegnasher
09-04-2009, 12:50
Slann army is always going to be scarier. I'd ditch cupped hands, though. If you're rerolling miscasts (and they're already uncommon anyway), all too often this item isn't used at all. I'd go with power scrolls and bane head (Spirit credited).

Other than that I think you have too few units; honestly can't see how that's 2,250 actually.

i have over 1000 points tied up in characters. once you start throwing steggie mounts in, it adds up quick.

Spirit
09-04-2009, 13:00
Power stones and bane head! Lol, 3 power dice for 20 points is brilliant, especially when your opponent has no idea how many you can cast.

Its so funny when your opponent has to dispell the lvl 1 metal spell or the level 4 death spell or they lose a hero.

I dont think you need re roll miscats or cupped hands, but if you like them, go for them, but i'd suggest only one of them. Considering you have to get 2 miscats in a game before "re roll miscasts" will generally have any use, having both seems silly.

If you lost the skink chief (not the steg, have one on his own) and a unit of terradons, you would be well on your way to an EOTG, which REALLY helps the slann. Considering you can easily cast 3,4,5 spells in a magic phase, having them all at -1 casting value is so usefull.