PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos homemade models

elctrcian
09-04-2009, 04:43
How have people made conversions of models in WoC that are not released yet.(warshrine,Scyla,festus,foresaken,or palanquin conversion)

Briohmar
09-04-2009, 10:07
Scyla has an old figure, in fact of I have two of them, so that's a no-brainer. As for the Warshrine, I created one using a variety of pieces and models I had lying around. I had an old lead Scallop shell from the Thunderbolt 54mm Amazon Queen on Throne, that formed the rear of the Shrine. I had an old Column of Skulls tat I mounted the Keeper of Seekers Familiar on, the deck of the shrine is a piece from a Warhammer Fortress that was long and wood-grained. For the axle and wheels, I used some of the many Empire artillery pieces I have lying around. For the Crew, I used to Mordheim Chaos Cultists, a very old lead female thief, and two bloodbowl Amazon Cheer Leaders, and for the bow spit, I used the head of a Doom Bull. I will post a link to some picrues when I get home from work tonight. As for the Forsaken, I am using the older plastic Chaos Warriors heavily augmented by the mutations sprue, and since I only play Slaanesh, I haven't worried about a palanquin.

OK, now that I'm home I can get to photobucket: so here's my warshrine (sorry about the picture size, I uploaded them on small, and the originals are on the other computer.) http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/Briohmar/Warhammer/P1010836.jpg http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/Briohmar/Warhammer/P1010837.jpg

Tae
09-04-2009, 11:59
My warshrine is the HE dragon base (i.e. the big pile of rocks) with an eagle on the top painted black (to look like a raven) and has a bunch of flagelents around the base looking very cultist-like.

rabitshadow
09-04-2009, 13:28
Forsaken are very easy to do if you have and zombies or ghouls from VC lying around, just stick a bunch of spikes on and make custom bits of armour from green stuff.

Draco74
09-04-2009, 16:13
For the War Shrine, I used 2 Screamers of Tzeentch to pull it (have to love a 4+ Ward save). Then the shrine is a lagrge floating disk (Large round base used for Greater Daemons in 40K) that is painted black with blue and white lightning strikes. the sides are covered with the marauder flails (the hooks on chains) and the skull shoulder pads from the marauders as well. On top of the disk rides a large fire elemental.

For Valkia the Bloody I found a Reaper (I think) miniature of a female sayter charging with a spear.
I added on wings from a chaos fury and a shield from the marauders.

Draco74
09-04-2009, 16:14
I actually use the War shrines as Chariots of Tzeentch in my Daemon army as well.

selone
09-04-2009, 17:11
I'm sure many people ahve made conversions oFD SC's, whther it be festus or 'new scyla' and ofc there is no warshrine.

popisdead
09-04-2009, 23:30
troll pulling a corpse cart for a warshrine.

Draco74
10-04-2009, 14:20
Palanquins have a model out. Just get Epididimus model and just leave him off the chair. I have one for my Daemon army, I just didn't glue Epididimus down. THat way you just take him off and stick the Nurgle sorcerer in the chair instead.

Krom The Eternal
11-04-2009, 00:09
i used the orc chariot with 2 chaos mounts pulling it and i put a bunch of chaos iconagraphy all over it

Warboss Antoni
11-04-2009, 05:02
My warshrine is a Mordheim Plague Cart being pulled by a spawn by chains.

elctrcian
11-04-2009, 06:14
For my warshrine, I'm lookin at different carts/chariots...found an old empire war alter(don't remember exaxt name)...but im going to put a "wrack" from warmachine on it ..get a regiment of skeletons to make up a pile of bones, and maybe a rat swarm..Nurgle theme of course

Ultimo ninja
11-04-2009, 21:16
Im doing this:

2 horses pulling a platform

On the actual plat form, a chaos sorcerer will be sacrificing people to the gods on an altar

Ill have a guy in a cage from the giant box, a guy in a yoke from the flaggelant box, and a guy having his head cut off by an executioner and the sorcerer reads from his book.

Its going to take allot of work i can wait to get it started.