PDA

View Full Version : What is the most stupid thing ....

Popsical
09-04-2009, 16:24
.... you have ever heard someone complain about in their codex?

And did they give a reason? :D

Mannimarco
09-04-2009, 16:28
fluff wise or rule wise?

fluff wise it has to be pretty much all of codex ultramarines

rule wise its some of the new guard stuff

Thud
09-04-2009, 16:34
A friend of mine in early 3rd Ed, the days of Rhino Rush:

"My Blood Angels are horrible in CC because the regular troopers have bolters instead of bolt pistol and close combat weapons. :("

Seriously.

Chairman_woo
09-04-2009, 17:39
I have a good mate who was convinced that the fux arc projectors on his monolith could shoot 4 times. Took me a while to get across that the D6 or so shots he was getting was from all 4 combined, because the letter s in projectors is the established english convention for indicateing a plural word, and as such refers to a number equal to or greater than 2. And furthermore that referenceing the finite plural of a collection of things with a known finite quantity, and no other differentiateing features implies that the aforementioned logical category of "flux arc projectors" includes all instances of the entity "flux arc projector" when all such operators are subsistents of the same closed category (i.e. monolith).

Jokeing aside it was a fairly easy (if unintuitive) mistake to make, and he quickly understood my point (I dident word it like that of cource) and the game continued.

Damocles8
09-04-2009, 17:45
I have a good mate who was convinced that the fux arc projectors on his monolith could shoot 4 times. Took me a while to get across that the D6 or so shots he was getting was from all 4 combined, because the letter s in projectors is the established english convention for indicateing a plural word, and as such refers to a number equal to or greater than 2. And furthermore that referenceing the finite plural of a collection of things with a known finite quantity, and no other differentiateing features implies that the aforementioned logical category of "flux arc projectors" includes all instances of the entity "flux arc projector" when all such operators are subsistents of the same closed category (i.e. monolith).

Jokeing aside it was a fairly easy (if unintuitive) mistake to make, and he quickly understood my point (I dident word it like that of cource) and the game continued.

I've run into that locally.....but we rectified it....

Captain Micha
09-04-2009, 17:50

That 3+ armor wasn't good enough.

Sanctjud
09-04-2009, 17:52
Hmm, my opponent telling me:
"Spawn are cheese."
(there are the 'new' spawn he was talking about the 3W no armor save ones).

My 7 Cents.

Grindgodgrind
09-04-2009, 18:01
That 3+ armor wasn't good enough.

I second this.

CrownAxe
09-04-2009, 18:31
Necrons being broken

'Nuff said

invinciblebug
09-04-2009, 18:32
Probably people whining about Punishers being overpowered when they are actually not very effective and horribly overpriced.

An ork player complaining about guard beeing overpowered due to numbers when his nob bikers were killed from massed firepower while outside cover :rolleyes:.

Bookwrak
09-04-2009, 18:48
How do Nob bikers get outside of cover?

Akuma
09-04-2009, 19:01
behid a LOS blocking terrain so IG cant use thair new NO COVER SAVE weapons :D

blackroyal
09-04-2009, 19:01
How do Nob bikers get outside of cover?

The non-ork player steals the initiative?

DaSpaceAsians
09-04-2009, 19:10
A ***** whining that it's not normal for Imperial Guard to have carapace armour and survive bolter fire since it's unfluffwise.

lequaye
09-04-2009, 19:15
My friend a fair few years ago using the old Ork Codex forgot to equip his Ork Warboss with any weapons along with his 4 Nob body guard assuming they came with a standard sluga and chopa. It only came to light mid battle during a summer tournament, far to late to change the list :rolleyes:

As for stupid stuff in a Codex it has to be the Ultramarine fluff in their latest Codex

dal9ll
09-04-2009, 19:31
Stupidest thing Ive ever heards someone complain about was right here on Warseer. Some Eldar fanboys were whining that Fire Dragons should have a 3+ armour save. I get a good laugh everytime I think about it, hahaha

Blinder
09-04-2009, 19:33
Probably people whining about Punishers being overpowered when they are actually not very effective and horribly overpriced.

An ork player complaining about guard beeing overpowered due to numbers when his nob bikers were killed from massed firepower while outside cover :rolleyes:.

WRT the punisher... I can't wait until the same people start trying to use them rather than, well, any other Russ... even people I know who usually can spot "not quite worth it" a mile away are getting hung up on "OMG 32 shots!"

For actual released codices... probably a friend of mine being disappointed at the fragility of his shiny new Tau (their first book), especially when someone started to assault them (not that he expected/wanted them to stick around, but they did and still do take horrific casualties)... We managed to convince him to switch to Tyranids and he was MUCH happier (except when trying to use zoanthropes, but that was more because something would *always* fall off, even once everything you could imagine had a pin in it)... good example of why you should make sure your army fits your style, rather than trying to make your army fit your style...

BrotherCaptainS
09-04-2009, 20:42
I have the king of them although it wasnt that it was in his codex. It was about mine. Ready... wait for it... He told me deamonhunters are broken and cheesy.

the guy hasnt been playing to long and I wanted to take it easy on him and give him a chance so I used my deamonhunters instead of my marines. and I found out that my DHs are broken. lol.. so funny.

Hicks
09-04-2009, 21:01
This happened to me too. The craziest thing was that he was complaining about the fact that GKs costed 25pts and therefore his 8pts Dark Eldars stood no chance to win. :wtf:

I mean come on, he couldn't have had it any easier unless I would have fielded warrior weapon IG force with no upgrades...

cuda1179
09-04-2009, 21:19
I had someone storm out of a store saying Necron Guass weapons were "cheesey" after a 20 strong Warrior squad shot his two Tau Broadsides to death in one turn of shooting.

Frontier
09-04-2009, 21:31
I second this.

Third...

Plus anything Space marine...

Deadmanwade
09-04-2009, 23:40
Er...90% of warseer threads (give or take 10%);)

AllisterCaine
09-04-2009, 23:47
The idiot that I quoted in my signature, and everyone else who is complaining that the upcoming guard codex isn't good enough.

Reflex
09-04-2009, 23:57
Was playing a massive game of apocalypse. was my necrons and chaos Vs Marines and IG. so anywayz. my 5 deep striking monoliths and 3 deep striking pylons on the guard line was enough for the guard player to almost pack up and leave after i pushed half of his tanks out of cover due to scatters. he was convinced my monoliths were destroyed. ah was fun.

Also same guy charged the deceiver with 50 conscripts. i used his special ability that lets him withdraw from combat. the guards tears tasted like candy.

The_Outsider
10-04-2009, 00:01
That land raiders are crap because their LR died after taking a salvo from a ravager.

Caiphas Cain
10-04-2009, 00:06
Conscrips were 'unfair' due to there points cost:wtf:

warchild9
10-04-2009, 00:08
My friend whining his Red Scorpion Marines cost to much when I assasinate his Apothcary in the first shooting phase

Occulto
10-04-2009, 00:11
I think everything pales into comparison with those who complain about their codex before it's released.

Stupidest thing I heard - IG won't be competitive because stormtroopers are apparently overpriced.

The_Outsider
10-04-2009, 00:25
I think everything pales into comparison with those who complain about their codex before it's released.

Stupidest thing I heard - IG won't be competitive because stormtroopers are apparently overpriced.

I see you and raise you old codex eldar (to the effect of) "eldar will be unplayable under the new codex, with GW nerfing the starcannon how else will eldar be able to stand toe-to-toe with anything? I might as well burn my army now".

Little could this person wrap their head around the concept that the crap weapons of the time would get buffed/reduced in cost to factor in the starcannon nerf.

Bunnahabhain
10-04-2009, 00:38
Myself.

Just over a year ago.
"They can't possibly make the Ogryn models any worse than that are now.."

A few months ago
" They can't possibly make Ogyrns less worthwhile than in the current book..."

Other than that, how using a Demolisher cannon to remove an awkward building from the middle of the battlefield, and so waste half his now coverless army in a wonderful shooting phase, was not unfair, but unfluffy...

Demolisher cannon, demolishing building, unfluffy. Repeat until it makes sense.

Occulto
10-04-2009, 01:00
I see you and raise you old codex eldar (to the effect of) "eldar will be unplayable under the new codex, with GW nerfing the starcannon how else will eldar be able to stand toe-to-toe with anything? I might as well burn my army now".

Little could this person wrap their head around the concept that the crap weapons of the time would get buffed/reduced in cost to factor in the starcannon nerf.

:D

That's almost like the ol': "GW nerfed Codex X because they hate players of Army X" syndrome.

Vendetta game design. Apparently it happens.

Captain Frankus
10-04-2009, 01:20
Well....it came from warseer. All the "OH MARNUS CALGAR SO UNCOOL SMURF HATE OMGWTFBBQ!1!!11!!1!" crap I've been seeing in the backround forums as of late. Really annoying now.

tacoo
10-04-2009, 01:33
my friend saying that genesteelers are too weak.

Ianos
10-04-2009, 02:03
Ianos: Good game, thanx mate!
Opponent: You only won because of your cheesy army!

Boy oh boy if i had a nickle...

Warforger
10-04-2009, 02:20
Any T3 Armies that lose to my Blood Angels, a IG player started screaming "CHEESE MARINES" once he learned my DC have Rending AND Furious Charge, really are they not happy with there long range S9 AP2 Blasts? This guy was actually pretty good, he laughed at my Mephiston and thought that Eldar were balanced because "Aspect Warriors mostly have a 5+ Save".

In the end, Mephiston had nearly wiped out all of his guardsman on his own and he wasn't in his "200+ Point characters suck" spirit anymore ;)

Another was a SoB player who I beat using my superior mobility, basically I took advantage of his short ranged weapons and stood just out of range and swooped into assault where we dominate.

In the end of the game, he tried to argue that my BA are better then even the new marines. After that I felt pretty good about myself.

Tae
10-04-2009, 02:24

That their new 3 Russ for one HS choice have to go in ... *queue dramatic music* ... squadrons!

Dear god will someone not think of the children!!!!!

kaimarion
10-04-2009, 02:36
That Daemons suck! This player was referring to both 40K and Fantasy.
It was one of those few comments that just leave you standing there wondering :wtf:...

Filthy O'Bedlam
10-04-2009, 02:56
Eldar Pathfinders double rending. Stupidest thing ever

SirSnipes
10-04-2009, 04:08
ive heard someone say that terminator saves should be invulnerable

cleansingfury
10-04-2009, 04:19
This was said about the current guard codex I was using "Sentinels need to cost so much more! I mean anything that can zap a space marine commander in close combat in one round is cheese!" :wtf: I charge I wound he does nothing, he dies...

Then on guard tanks "You have 3 leman russes, 3 hellhounds and 8 chimera! That is absolute bull! There is no way Ican win this without cheating!" He won... by dropping off his vortex grenade and getting perfect scatters...

Raxmei
10-04-2009, 04:28
Tau should have BS4! They're supposed to be a shooty army, how come they have the same BS as guardsmen?

Because we all know IG aren't a shooty army. Leaving the Tau BS debate aside, that reasoning sucks.

Vermiculatus
10-04-2009, 06:11
a IG player started screaming "CHEESE MARINES" once he learned my DC have Rending AND Furious Charge

did you also tell him that your dc cost 0 points... :D

Warforger
10-04-2009, 06:21
:rolleyes: They don't unless you buy Terminators. Otherwise the cost has been included in the unit. So if you don't take DC you essentially pay for something that's not there. Not to mention there's a 0-1 limit, and for this reason, Harlies are worse.

ReveredChaplainDrake
10-04-2009, 07:22
Regarding Spinegaunts: "You're paying 5 pts for godliness!" (In retrospect, this was in 4th edition, and because of how Combat Res worked in the good ol' days, yeah, Gaunts were actually pretty broken.)

Also, with Tyranids, there are the scattered claims that Dakkafexes are good in CC. :wtf:

Anything involving RAW trumping common sense. BT Land Raiders losing assault ramps, Instant Death only applying when the strength is exactly equal to Toughness, and more Daemonhunter rules than I care to count. Go visit the rules questions page and I guarantee you'll find at least one such piece of nonsense on the very first page. (Though I must admit, they are good for a laugh.)

Anybody who claims it takes "finesse" to run an army... only to shell out more money than I'll ever see in one place on a pre-built Internet list for that army.

Probably the greatest of all is GW's answer to wargear items that don't work anymore:

Q. If my Codex includes some options (or other
rules) that seem to have no effect in the new
edition (like the Thornback biomorph, which
makes the model count as double the number of
models for the purposes of outnumbering the
enemy in combat resolution), are you going to
publish an errata to change them to something
else that does work?
A. No, if an option (or a rule) clearly has no
effect, like in the case of the example above, it
simply does nothing. We think itís simpler to just
leave it until the next edition of the Codex rather
than change its effects through an errata.

Khornate Fireball (Ork)
10-04-2009, 07:37
Well, it is simpler to leave them not working than to errata them. It just makes a kind of sense, from what I know of GW. Don't ask my why, but it just seems... Right.

Obviously, if my opponent had such upgrades modelled on, I would of course permit him to not take those upgrades and not pay the points.

bocaj
10-04-2009, 19:38
I had a battle against tyranids with my daemons

My opponent said "thoes bloodletters will get slaughtered by my geanstealers" then the 10 geanstealers gut wipped out by 5 Bloodletters. Not realy the most stupid thing said but the best last words

vladsimpaler
10-04-2009, 19:45
-Bunch of bragging about beating IG and SoB-

Congratulations!

I beat up a 10 year old kid for his lollipop. I'm cool, right?:rolleyes:

Steel Legion for Life
10-04-2009, 19:58
I recall someone complaining about how codex Craftworld:Eldar was unfair on Eldar players, because to use all the army lists he had to paint all his models different colours, and buy more models.

When it was pointed out this was also true of SM variants, he said that was "completely different".

Generally, there's alot of complaining about "having" to buy new models - recently I heard a guy cursing GW for releasing the Valkyrie and thus "Forcing" him to buy one.

Fire Harte
10-04-2009, 20:02
People whingeing about the 3+ storm shields.

My lasguns care not!

Frontier
10-04-2009, 20:40
Played a game recently where the player called cheese on the ******* rule set. Not my Marines, mind you....the rule book.

Sigh. All I could think of is: "Why do some of you play this game?"

ichbala
10-04-2009, 21:19
Like my one of my friends ignored line of sight for russ HB sponsons and used the small blast for battlecannon

GodofWarTx
11-04-2009, 03:22
That the Armored Company list was easily defeated. All you needed apparently was an (old school) Iron warriors list and they were "toast".

I just about exploded.

wartorngetahroun74
11-04-2009, 06:54
After looking over the "proposed" IG list, I was able to make an army that got well over 2000 shots on the first turn. Granted they had to go first, AND it was a huge list. One day I may write it out, but not today!

A.Gentleman
11-04-2009, 14:55
I once overheard a conversation between 3 younger players (14-16 y/o). Went something like this:

Annoying kid: Fantasy is awesome!
Skater twit with stupid hat: I like fantasy but 40k is just more believable. Like, the way they rank and line up in fantasy just isn't realistic.
Apparent "smart" one: Ah! But there have been historical cases where lining up has been useful because you have the anger and strength of the people behind you.

It took all my self control not to slap each one of the repeatedly. I just cringed and continued browsing the blisters.

A.Gentleman

techman
11-04-2009, 16:37
I once overheard a conversation between 3 younger players (14-16 y/o). Went something like this:

Annoying kid: Fantasy is awesome!
Skater twit with stupid hat: I like fantasy but 40k is just more believable. Like, the way they rank and line up in fantasy just isn't realistic.
Apparent "smart" one: Ah! But there have been historical cases where lining up has been useful because you have the anger and strength of the people behind you.

It took all my self control not to slap each one of the repeatedly. I just cringed and continued browsing the blisters.

A.Gentleman

Man I had this too....my LGS is a computer hub/ gaming hub. So its kinda cool to see the people that come to play the computer browse the gaming stuff and be somewat interested....but there are some.

Group of kids looking at warmachine: Man who'd pay 30 bucks for this its just a hunk of metal

me: Thats someone's pride and art, I'd gladly pay $30 for those beautiful miniatures, and the pricing isnt bad, they have to make a profit from the mold, making the miniature, casing, ect.

I swear the kids thought I was stupid or something...

The other thing would be the SM (esp my boys in blue) hate thats been going around...

Warforger
11-04-2009, 18:12
Its only there because the codex really is UM propaganda and even clearly says any Space Marine who is not a Ultramarine is inferior and that everyone wants to be like the Ultramarines and be as great as Gulliman.

I don't hate the UM, before 5th ed I never really found anything concrete that would make me hate GW's spotlight on them, but with this codex its so outrageous its not funny. UM are a cool concept, a army which follows tactics and strategy over anything, which to some people would be appealing, but GW over glorifies them.