1 formation of 2 companies of rangers
1 formation of 2 companies of AOMT
1 formation of 3 comanies of KOMT: captain, banner bearer

Rare
1 avenger bolt thrower
1 formation of three companies of dol amroth foot knights

Legendary formations
1 formation of four companies of Court of the dead King

I mostly play against mordor and isengard (morannon swarm/uruk swarm) with plenty of magic. one of them doesn't particularly like allying, except from forgotten kingdoms. I will if I have to, but until that point, why not try to preclude the whining?

thanks.

Jorgen_CAB
10-04-2009, 07:55
In my opinion you are a little low on regular heroes for some much needed might and heroic actions. Other than that I think it is a good balance of forces. I usually stick heroes in every formation that are three companies or larger because you really need them them, for many different reasons. I don't permanently assign Epic heroes to certain formation, they are better used if they can jump around at will without leaving a formation without a hero commander.

To sum it up, I would take some cheaper Epic heroes at 1250p and slightly more troops and lesser heroes.

Theme wise I'm somewhat more picky... 'Gandalf the Grey' and 'Aragorn' in charge of a Gondor army at the same time?

Also, I really don't like the army of the dead at all, but that is personal preferences so that one you could ignore... ;)

Lord Asuryan
10-04-2009, 16:08
don't like army of the dead fluff-wise, or game wise?

Jorgen_CAB
10-04-2009, 16:28
Game wise I don't think there is any problem with them, "Theme" wise I would never use them in my Gondor army... ever!

I don't think there is any problem for you to use them, they are a good troop choice, especially against Orcs who has a low courage value.

Army of the dead was perhaps the only big mistake they did in the movies, I find them silly, boring and stupid... now I said that... :D

10-04-2009, 19:21
Game wise I don't think there is any problem with them, "Theme" wise I would never use them in my Gondor army... ever!

I don't think there is any problem for you to use them, they are a good troop choice, especially against Orcs who has a low courage value.

Army of the dead was perhaps the only big mistake they did in the movies, I find them silly, boring and stupid... now I said that... :D

Second that. I give the movies a hall pass, becuase they're movies with particular limitations.

But I can choose what I want to incorporate into my games. And it's Tolkein's works, not the movies, that are my mental map and inspiration.

No ghosts on the battlefield for me. I'm ambivalent about Angmar lists. Not anti, just mixed.

wazyu
16-04-2009, 10:22
i like the list but i agree with others about maybe dropping big heros and put more lesser ones in every unit

wazyu

someone2040
17-04-2009, 00:36
Not that it really matters, but aren't Foot Knights of Dol Amroth Common Formation (I hope I'm not getting this wrong, my whole army being based around the Dol Amroth stuff ;))

I also agree about dropping one of your big heroes to spread the love around a bit. Maybe something like Faramir and a Captain maybe? or just getting more Captains.

Nu Fenix
17-04-2009, 01:19
Foot Knights are indeed Common.

All three of the Dol Amroth Formations are Common.

Lord Asuryan
17-04-2009, 01:46
my apologies.
about the possiblity of getting a different hero, maybe I'll drop aragorn or something. I am kinda averse to dropping Gandalf, as he's my only magic user (though I could swap him for Galadriel) maybe -aragorn, +faramir+thranduil?

Lord Asuryan
20-04-2009, 20:08
--->Bump.<---

Steam_Giant
21-04-2009, 07:22
Had any games with this list yet ? Personally i'd be shedding heros and ghosts for more artillary. Recently my Avengers pummelled 3 formations of orcs and helped bring down a stone giant !

Lord Asuryan
21-04-2009, 16:49
yes, they've done well so far. only real change is to take rangers of ithilien over foot knights.