PDA

View Full Version : Typing Errors

Captain Orar
09-04-2009, 17:48
Has anyone noticed that in the new 40k rulebooks summary section the eldar falcons front armor is 2 (may just be my book but quite a few people I know have noticed it)
:cheese:

Infectum
09-04-2009, 18:30
I've also noticed that the army list in the ork codex lists warbikers with 2 wounds, but everywhere else it gives them 1

CrownAxe
09-04-2009, 18:33
The Fiends of Slaanesh entry in the 5ed reference page has the wrong stats

which is annoying on vassal because people keep insisting my Fiends of slaanesh are S4 3A :(

Daniel36
09-04-2009, 18:37
Lol, try the Dutch translated books.

The Black Reach booklet says Regal Boek... Quite royal it is yes. It's supposed to spell Regel Boek... I haven't bothered checking out all the goodness inside though, but it's apparently quite mixed up, with them throwing around Dutch and English gameterms for the same thing... Glad I know English.

Bassik
09-04-2009, 18:45
If you like Dutch translations to your favorite universe, try the old Dutch edition of Space Hulk (yes it does exist).

Stuff like kracht vuist and Keizerlijke Vuisten instead of power fist and Imperial fist is just awesome. Blood Angels are blood drinkers now, wich is one of the few non-litteral translations.:D

Thylacine
10-04-2009, 06:16
I find infuriating that after paying $85.00 (OZ) for the rule book, a book that has been perhaps two years in the making it contains mistakes. Whats even worse is that GW won't release errata to cover these mistakes.

When mistakes are published in the most up to date book of rules it becomes a rules lawyers feast as they declare any of all of the items in the summary invalid. Gaming at a tournament becomes a 'pigs-breakfast' of claim and counter claim and all we hear from GW is, remember the most important rule, "play for fun".

Ripped off again!

Bunnahabhain
10-04-2009, 12:15
@Thylacine. Don't you know, it's the translation needed for the Australian edition....

Generally,
Yes, the poor quality of proof reading is well known, and can be rather annoying. The FW books are worse, but at least they do issue erratas and corrections, often in the same decade as the book.

Thylacine
10-04-2009, 12:53
@Thylacine. Don't you know, it's the translation needed for the Australian edition....

I used to run an Acquisitions team in a university library, I know publishers will print errata for less costly books, so why can't GW do likewise? Every weekend of the year gamers use the books and every weekend the same arguments come up. If GW put less of the shameless self-advertising in White Dwarf and more solid information like errata or CA articles we would all be happier and better off.