PDA

View Full Version : Fight Shoot value even without ranged weapons?

Persephone
09-04-2009, 18:03
Why do some of the units have a Fight shoot value even if they do not have ranged weapons. I know that some units have an upgrade or option which allows them to have a ranged weapon, and that some have thrown weapons. Just looking in the Isengaard list, the Beserkers have it, as does the Uruk-hai phalanx and do the Dunlending Horseman.

Emissary
09-04-2009, 18:15
Consistancy like how they're giving epic heroes abilities they can't use like terror or spirit walk. This way if they have something in the future, like a spell that would cause a unit that doesn't normally have ranged weapons suddenly be able to shoot, they have the stat for it ready to go.

jaws900
10-04-2009, 10:12
I know exactly why. There is an advanced rule that allows some men to pick up weapons droped by enemys they have killed. Should they pick up a bow then they can use it as there own. However most (If not all) Peopel ignore this rule and this advanced rule only ever sees the light of day in special scenarios. They also said that in the case of Staffs of power they wopuld just count as 2 haneded weapons and will gain not other benifits like the +1 will per turn and magic as the person who picks it up has not experiecne with it and will probbaly just use it as a large club anyways. I wuill odten not wright in a shoot value of anyone unless they have a bow, throwing weapons or operate war machines.