PDA

View Full Version : Special character's magic items

selone
09-04-2009, 21:21
Hello warseers, I was considering writing in magic items that are found on special characters into campaigns so a select 'generic' character could take them.
Is there any way I could find out or work out how much their magic items are costed as?

Cheers,
selone

Leth Shyish'phak
09-04-2009, 21:44
Use the GW method.

Guess.

selone
09-04-2009, 22:53
hoho, perhaps I'll do just that.

Malorian
09-04-2009, 22:56
Personally I think you should compare them to similar items, work out roughly what it should be worth, and then add 10% to the cost of the character.

This 10% is the price for taking extra options.

So for example a black orc warboss (145) with a fellblade (85) would come out to 253 points.

You just have to also keep in mind synergies that you might have to add more points for.

selone
09-04-2009, 23:03
Indeed certain combo's are better on certain characters and a lord being able to take say what another hero SC ahd would be whacky. Iw as more thinking of an 'unamed' lord taking a SC's lord's item. Just brainstorming really, the new campaign at da warpath got me thinking :)

Tae
09-04-2009, 23:09
Is there any way I could find out or work out how much their magic items are costed as?

Cheers,
selone

Outside of certain characters for whom the points are listed (of which only Morathi immediately springs to mind) you're stuck with guessing.

Charistoph
09-04-2009, 23:10
Also consider "Terror" level of the character. Any item that provides "Terror" to a "Fear" level character would probably only provide "Fear" to a "Standard" character for the same point cost.

Classical Mushroom
09-04-2009, 23:14
Hello warseers, I was considering writing in magic items that are found on special characters into campaigns so a select 'generic' character could take them.

Cheers,
selone

Are the items going to count towards the total of magic items they can take eg slayer of kings is 70pts they will only be allowed 30pts of other items or do they get 100pts plus the magic item?

O&G'sRule
09-04-2009, 23:14
If you can get hold of older army books with characters that have made it to the current books they'll help as the points costs used to be listed and I see little reason for them to have changed. For example Skarsnik is still (all inclusive) 205 pts and he used to be listed with his prodder at 75pts. Won't work for some will for others

selone
09-04-2009, 23:26
Are the items going to count towards the total of magic items they can take eg slayer of kings is 70pts they will only be allowed 30pts of other items or do they get 100pts plus the magic item?

TBH I have no idea, though ideally I'd not want to break any restrictions.

If you can get hold of older army books with characters that have made it to the current books they'll help as the points costs used to be listed and I see little reason for them to have changed. For example Skarsnik is still (all inclusive) 205 pts and he used to be listed with his prodder at 75pts. Won't work for some will for others

Time to dig out my 4th ed books then, hmm morglor the manglers axe used to be 125 points ! mind you it was better then :)

Classical Mushroom
09-04-2009, 23:32
TBH I have no idea, though ideally I'd not want to break any restrictions.

Well if its going to count towards the total of magic item pts allowed then i would have the items a bit cheaper so people can get some other fun stuff :) eg slayer of kings costs 45pts

If not then i would think of adding a few eg 100pts of items is allowed but slayer of kings is 90pts

you get the idea ;)