PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for interesting special characters

Talo
09-04-2009, 21:22
Looking through the WoC and Lizardmen books (the only ones available to me at the moment) i find theres a real lack of interesting abilities among the special characters.

By interesting i mean abilities, that alter the way the army plays, or at least give you new options. Throgg is a nice example, opening up Monstrous armies to WoC. I also like Festus and Wulfrik. Valkia on the other hand is a prime example of a boring character (apart from the cool conversion ideas i get when looking at the picture ;))

So how about we brainstorm some more ideas for special abilities, that would make the game more interesting ! (and maybe even come up with a system for building "special" lords, or maybe point costs for these abilities ?!)

For example for WoC:

- A Sorceror lord with acess to either the lore of death/life or even others !
- A Nurgle Lord that gives acess to nurglings
- A Chaos Dwarf Hero, that enables you to pick a unit of Cdwarves as special.
- A character that rewards picking lots of foot units. Maybe enhancing the speed of your army based on the highest movement available, or gaining more powers if you got no units faster than movement 4
- Lords that reward single-mark armies

So what would you like to see ?

Malorian
09-04-2009, 21:27
The Red Duke, which lets you take black knights as core and blod knights as special.

Awilla the Hun
09-04-2009, 21:38
-Empire Steam Tank Commander von Pask. Lets you take guess which unit as core, adds strength to his steam cannon.

-Glorious Comrade Chairman Heinrich Von Stahl. Lets you give some sort of "without number" rule to Men at Arms, lets you shoot them in the back to keep them fighting, lets you shoot into close combat, makes you not have to take knights of the realm. (Coincidentally, more of his escapades have been posted. Read and comment!)

bob_the_small
09-04-2009, 21:46
Crone Hellebron, lets you take witch elves as core!!!

Deon
09-04-2009, 21:47
The Red Duke, which lets you take black knights as core and blod knights as special.

best idee ever :D

Weemo
09-04-2009, 22:04
i think this post may be an oppertunity for people to ask for special characters to make their army dirty, as fo fluff i would like to see:

some kind of wizard ork for Orcs and Gobbos, maybe with some kind of ber anger special spell that can turn him into an avatar of gork (great modelling oppertunity)

erm

maybe an ogre special character that was just a beast, (similar kholek stats), cuz out of all those ogres up there, there has to be some massive mutant kid
perhaps it could have some blessing of the great maw thingy, (can cast a butcher spell 1nce per turn as a bound?

thats all i can think of for now

Cypher, the Emperor
09-04-2009, 22:32
Anything for Brettonia.

Seriously, we have THREE special characters and two of them are Lord-level at that!

bob_the_small
09-04-2009, 22:55
Dark Elves = special character who allow chariots to be 2 for 1 ( he/she rides in one)
Bolt thrower Special character (similar to empire.dwarf engineer?)

Tae
09-04-2009, 23:13
Personally this is one of the things I miss about WFB characters compared to their 40k counterparts - army list modification.

I like that if I take an Ork Warboss Nobz become a scoring unit (though I don't actually own an Ork army).

I like that if I take a Master of the Forge I can take up to 6 Dreadnaughts.

That's why I absolutely love Crone Hellborn and, one day (shakes fist!), I swear I'll do the all Witch Elf army. Not because it's good (hell I don't expect to win even half of the games I play with it eventually), but because it looks so damn cool!

O&G'sRule
09-04-2009, 23:17
Stone troll wizard that has stupidly hard spells, but being a stone troll has to see if it dispells its own spell (4+). Maybe forgets them too
Morglum necksnapper, allow you to take black orc boar boys
Skarnik and goblar could allow you to take great squigs as rare/special unit choices
Goblin hero on a wolf with the black gem of gnar, lol

Basically though special characters should simply effect their army in a certain way so that it reflects what THEYRE army actually would be rather than being especially hard, with a few exceptions (teclis has to be rock at magic, except vs slaan, gorbad should be far harder than he is)

selone
09-04-2009, 23:21
I'd love an orc hero SC or a decent lord sc ;)

Necromancy Black
09-04-2009, 23:30
Some Hero level skink-priests that get something different to Lore of Heavens. Pretty much all I want.

ZoomDog
10-04-2009, 00:51
A Swordmaster hero, that allows Swordmasters to be taken as Core troops. :D
Oh, and he also has the awesome -1 to hit from shooting due to being able to slice the arrows out of the air. I don't care about the actual rule, the idea of these guys chopping arrows apart is just so damn cool.

Major_Blackhart
10-04-2009, 05:09
WoC

Hastein Darkfury, Lord of Hastein's Menacing Menagerie of Fantastic Fiends (kind of like a circus of chaos creatures of all sorts that travels the old world in troupe form)
Chaos Lord with an additional point of toughness, and an extra wound.
Carries a sword that poisons on a +5 and causes 2 wounds instead of 1. Wears a suit of armor lined with the flesh of a chaos troll, granting mutant regeneration (along with the special rules for it), carries a skull totem which has the bound spell Hunters Spear from the Lore of Beasts.
Suffers from stupidity, and causes troll vomit.
Special Rule known as The Ringmaster- 1 unit of trolls count as a bodyguard unit and are immune to psychology. They are attached to Hastein. All troll on the field will use his Ld to test for stupidity tests while he is alive. Also, trolls, spawn, and one unit of Chaos Warriors must roll on the EoTG at the start of the battle, accepting whatever is rolled.

LaughinGremlin
10-04-2009, 05:53
An empire engineer worth taking. Maybe he has a superb balistic skill with with long rifle and/or a unique item which increases his abilities in other areas, such as being a bigger help to war machines (avoiding misfires, being more accurate, or higher damamge because of his personally crafted shells/better powder).

The halfling elector count (on barded war pony) which uses a hero slot, and this character also allows the player to take unit of halfling scouts in the army (their stats are listed on the special character's page). These archers could possibly be his relief force which he personally brings from the Moot whenever an army is desperate for reinforcements.
Sure, give this hero a bow, great armor, a piddly biting blade, and a magical instrument that is great for morale (anti-panic, auto-rally, and/or re-roll break tests for troops within 12"). Besides the army general, this hero would be a great SECOND Leadership-based character to keep troops brave who are out of general's range. - why not? :D

WarlockOMork
10-04-2009, 05:58
Wish list.

Night Goblin Squiglord, allows you to take hoppers as core.

either that or just some goblin, that has acces to a diffrent lore list and counts as a wizard, so it doesnt explode on my first spell. now that would be a nice one.

Talo
10-04-2009, 09:50
So how would you balance these ? :D

Von Wibble
10-04-2009, 11:09
Anything for Brettonia.

Seriously, we have THREE special characters and two of them are Lord-level at that!

One of them is hugely overpowered though. I've always thought they should swap Louen and Morgaina's points over.

The armies most deserving of SCs at the moment are imo wood elves, ogres, tomb kings.

Tomb kings - Vizier of Katar - Ushabti and Bone Giants are specially modified and get a random bonus ability. A single unit of Ushabti is core.

King Ptut (or whatever his name is - please be more original here!) - allows Nubian troops in the army, most notably horse archers. Combining the living with the dead.

Wood Elves - Naieth. Just leave her as she was in 5th edition (the owl was great!)

Thalandor - Eagle rider who allows eagles as 2 for 1 special. Any eagles attacking the same unit as him gain +1 S and +1 A.

Ogres - A Slavegiant who has managed to break his chains (metaphorically and literally) and now leads a horde? Slavegiants in this force are special and stubborn.

A gnoblar warlord. You know its got to be done! Use the Gnoblar list for extra troop types to put in the army. Possibly even a rule that his ogre bodyguards have a chance each turn to forget themselves and try to eat him....

High Elves - Belannaer. He can make 0-1 unit of swordmasters core, is level 3 and has lord level stats. Yes, he will be expensive (500 including items seems reasonable).

Daemons - Azazel. Yes, they have plenty of SCs but only 1 slaaneshi atm.

Desert Rain
10-04-2009, 11:13
The Everqueen and her Maiden Guard for High Elves

A lord level sking priest who is a L.3 wizard and can take any lore in the BRB.

Sheena Easton
10-04-2009, 12:16
A Forest Goblin Shaman riding a Gigantic Spider with the Skull Wand Of Kaloth, Magic War Paint and that lets you take Spider Swarms as Special and unridden Gigantic Spiders as Rare.

Jonaer
10-04-2009, 12:59
I'd very much like to see Oakhearth as a Special Character for High Elves. Certainly qualifies as something unique to the army!

theunwantedbeing
10-04-2009, 13:01
A Dark elf special character that makes all your crossbows fire like bolt throwers!

Von Wibble
10-04-2009, 13:06
The Everqueen and her Maiden Guard for High Elves

A lord level sking priest who is a L.3 wizard and can take any lore in the BRB.

Sorry - do you mean Skink priest or Skiing priest? I quite like the sound of the latter - maybe some ramps placed on the battlefield to allow him to do some jumps?

Everqueen is good though - can't believe I forgot to mention her.

badgeraddict
10-04-2009, 13:22
The Bretonnian King makes all Peasant units become a special choice. This never fails to amuse me!

I would take Hellebron just to have millions of Witch Elves running about. That would be EPIC.

rabitshadow
10-04-2009, 14:01
ARRGGHHHH I'm so P*****! i just spent a ********** half hour typing up an awesome Character and my internet ********* up and i lost it ! there was so much fluff ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Well he's called Garstroph Bladetear he h- screw it!

The Anarchist
10-04-2009, 17:59
would love to see skarloc and naith back for the woodelves, and they need some hero choices that can do a bit more.

how about some sort of a hero knight for bretonians on foot, would be really nice if he was like a living Relaque, or maybe makes the peasent unit he joins stubborn, higher weapons skill, something like that. theres even a knight in the fluff that started as a peasent; so wouldn't be a massive stretch of the fluff.

how about a knight wizard for Bretonia, how about him being a son of a bretonian noble who was sent to the Empire rather than be taken by the Enchantress due to his fathers fear of magic. however the son is recalled when his family suffers the loss of other heirs and now is a knight of the realm. he could be something like a standard paladin stats, with a level one in lore of fire, so soemthing like that.

maybe a dwarf on some sort of horse, or maybe a dwarf version of a steam tank; could even be Makial Makkinsons next invention.

an odd one that I've alaways wanted was Karl-Franz's son Luitipold as a character. not really sure what he would be like, but might eb fun.

PARTYCHICORITA
10-04-2009, 18:17
would love to see skarloc and naith back for the woodelves, and they need some hero choices that can do a bit more.

Agree, Durthu and Arielle would be awesome as well.

I also wish the black knight of Mousillion was a speacial character and i kind of wish there was one that improved somehow peasant armies.

A Lord level dragon mage could also be kind of fun. He could be a level 2 mage but have way better combat stats.

Shamfrit
10-04-2009, 18:17
Potl-Njok, The Starcrasher
Slanm Mage Priest

The Star Rose Palanquin
Potl-Njok's Star-Cage is a circular and elegantly wrought metallic cage of fine needles and interwoven metallic emblems of flaura and fauna from across the globe. These extensions of a typical palanquin's horns act both as a delicate instrument of astronomical meanderings, but also, to increase the strength of the Shield of the Old Ones, allowing it to deflect the strongest of magical influxes, and protecting Potl-Njok as he rests on the winds, staring at the stars for signs of the Old Ones.

Potl-Njok has a 4+ ward save, and regenerate. He may not join any unit, even Temple Guard, but has the Flyer special rule.

Master Orator
Words and quips come as if yesterday itself had spoken, and tomorrow was rushing backwards to meet him. Potl-Njok is a wise and venerable Slann of the Second Generation, and his word is gospel second only to the Old One's Legacy themselves. Lizardmen flock to his side, and stand transfixxed, stubborn and bold in his presence.

All units within 12" of Potl-Njok may re-roll break tests, and count as if they have musicians when rallying.

The Starcrusher
Such is Master Njok's ability to portent the Heavens, that the stars themselves plummet from the sky on his command, and the missiles of his allies fly true and straight. Shards of Morsslieb and darker things crash down onto the battlefield, leaving little trace of his enemies as foretold in his visions.

Potl-Njok knows all the spells from the Lore of Heavens. In addition, the damage from the spell Comet of Cassandora is increased to Strength 5, if the Comet landing result is a 5 or 6. It's range is also Xd6 + an additional inch per counter. If Potl-Njok ever miscasts, in addition to the effects of the miscast table, all Comets automatically land (after the miscast is calculated, even if he is dead!) No friendly casters may attempt to cast the spell again under any circumstances this game. He may have multiple castings of Comet in play at any one time.

Urgat
10-04-2009, 18:25
I want Wurrzag and Morglum back (and Grimgor dead).

Drakcore Bloodtear
10-04-2009, 18:37
I just want a worthy O&G SC a shaman (Wurrzag has never been my faverite), a fighty Goblin Warboss also give Gorbad a better AS and he sould have the Runefang (oh no he just wants to show it off, not use it :rolleyes: )

The Anarchist
10-04-2009, 18:46
Agree, Durthu and Arielle would be awesome as well.

I also wish the black knight of Mousillion was a speacial character and i kind of wish there was one that improved somehow peasant armies.

i would love to see Durthu back, i still use my beloved model as standard treeman accient. however whislt i think Arielle would be good i think she fits as more a fluff character, so would rather have her be non-playable than too under represented on the table top.

Desert Rain
10-04-2009, 19:10
Sorry - do you mean Skink priest or Skiing priest? I quite like the sound of the latter - maybe some ramps placed on the battlefield to allow him to do some jumps?

Everqueen is good though - can't believe I forgot to mention her.
I ment Skink Priest, so it was a typo - just like the ones in the Lizardmen army book.

A skiing priest would be hilarious though, I would definitely use him ;P I just got the most amazing idea for a conversion ever...

ukko
10-04-2009, 19:20
I'd love to see a 'high priest' WoC character who makes chosen core and war altars special.

Charistoph
10-04-2009, 19:37
A skiing priest would be hilarious though, I would definitely use him ;P I just got the most amazing idea for a conversion ever...

There are a few items that can make some army's wizards fly... I can just see a Liche Priest, all decayed, carrying his staff, getting ready to jump off a ramp with a couple boards...

Could work for Goblin Doom Divers, too.

TheMav80
10-04-2009, 19:54
I would like WoC to have a Marauder style hero first. So a cheaper option than the one they have now. Then a special character of the same type. Wulfric is pretty close I guess.

bob_the_small
10-04-2009, 22:11
A Swordmaster hero, that allows Swordmasters to be taken as Core troops. :D
Oh, and he also has the awesome -1 to hit from shooting due to being able to slice the arrows out of the air. I don't care about the actual rule, the idea of these guys chopping arrows apart is just so damn cool.

That would make HE armies OBSCENELY good because everyone would use him!

O&G'sRule
10-04-2009, 23:01
That would make HE armies OBSCENELY good because everyone would use him!

Not really, HE's don't have to have many core units and can have more special and rare than anyone else, so you can have 6 units of the things in 2k games anyway

LKHERO
10-04-2009, 23:09
A named Prince from Caledor that'll remove the additional hero slot Dragons take up as mounts ;)

Gork or Possibly Mork
10-04-2009, 23:19
Ogres: Braugh Slavelord with a spirit host bodyguard.

Orcs & Goblins: I want wurrzahhg (Sp?) back. Turning peoples characters into squigs was awesome.

Lizardmen: Nakai. I don't really care what special abilites he would give the army.

BTW most of the characters suggested in this thread make the current special characters ( including ones considered broken ) look tame.

LaughinGremlin
11-04-2009, 02:09
I daresay that my characters are not uber characters!:D I mean, my fat halfling elector count doesn't even have a runefang. *gasp* Wait a minute...

LaughinGremlin
11-04-2009, 02:13
And yes, an orc mage who can polymorph enemies into "bouncing, chaotic sheep" should never have been removed. Wuuuuurrrrzzzaaaaaaaaaaagggg!

-Grimgorironhide-
11-04-2009, 03:16
I thought of a new Tk character

Hero: Prince Nebeni

Nebeni's sential archers: One normal bowmen unit can be upgraded to this status. The unit is Bs 3, str 4 bows, Skirmish and T 4 for +5pts. Also them a Nebeni have the scout rule.

Nebeni has a blessed bow of the ASP which is Str 5, Range 36" and fires 3 shots a turn always hitting on 2+.

Nebeni has a special rule representing his amazing targeting skills. He can pick out any enemy character in a unit to shoot at.

He would be around 230-280pts.

cheers.

Gork or Possibly Mork
11-04-2009, 04:18
And yes, an orc mage who can polymorph enemies into "bouncing, chaotic sheep" should never have been removed. Wuuuuurrrrzzzaaaaaaaaaaagggg!

IIRC you had to be in base to base contact and he came with a boar and suffers from Frenzy. It wouldn't happen every game but when it did go off it was funny as hell.

I was mainly talking about Malorian's Red duke list. That list would be scary as hell and not because of the blood knights being special but black knights core
and blood knights special that would be Un-Fun. Im assuming he would put vamps in the Black knights core..Ouch!!!! I'd play against it but I but wouldn't expect anything less than getting massacered.

GuyLeCheval
11-04-2009, 08:02
Skaven: (This will also be a bit wishlisting for the upcoming Skaven book)

- Throt, master mutator. He needs a rule that you can take giant rats 2-1 to clanrats and Rat ogres become core and the possible big moulder rat in the rumours...
- Ikit Claw, same as throt but with globadiers and Jerzzails core and WL-cannon special.
- Deathmaster Snitch: Same as Throt but with night runners. Gutter runners core and the possible Eshin triads special.
- Lord Skrolk: Some as Throt but with monks. Censor bearers become special.
-Queek headtaker, removes 0-1 from stormvermin.

Ikit is a level 4 warp-lighting mage. He makes Skyre machines somewhat more reliable.
Throt is same
Deathmaster Snitch is a uber assassin who can kill a enemy character pretty simply, he can also pass his Ld to eshin units, even if he is hidden.
Skrolk has very good stats and T6 but he can kill himself and the Saven around him. (Some special censor)
Queek has many special rules for challenges and has good lord stats.

Then we have some other specials:
- Thanquol has even more warpstone tokens,
- We have a prophet of the rat deity who counts as a additional BSB and has chieftain stats and is a L2 mage.
- We have a Ogre like creature, mutated by Moulder, who escaped the prisons of Hell Pit. He now is a bodyguard but may attack moulder units around.
- And last but not least: A builder of screaming bells. He may ride one and confers all manner of bells to units.

Any other Skaven ideas?

Weemo
11-04-2009, 09:51
I thought of a new Tk character

Hero: Prince Nebeni

Nebeni's sential archers: One normal bowmen unit can be upgraded to this status. The unit is Bs 3, str 4 bows, Skirmish and T 4 for +5pts. Also them a Nebeni have the scout rule.

Nebeni has a blessed bow of the ASP which is Str 5, Range 36" and fires 3 shots a turn always hitting on 2+.

Nebeni has a special rule representing his amazing targeting skills. He can pick out any enemy character in a unit to shoot at.

He would be around 230-280pts.

cheers.

hmmm, being able to target pretty much anyone on the board (36 range and picking out), means he would make the best wizard sniper ever. The only other things i know that can do this is the nurgle no1 spell and hochlands. Spells arent alyways certain and hochlands tend to miss a lot with lower strength.

against a wizard heavy army, he's make is points bak many times over

i'd say 300pts at least

Stronginthearm
11-04-2009, 15:43
I'd like to see a drunken slayer jsut for the hell of it

O&G'sRule
11-04-2009, 16:05
hmmm, being able to target pretty much anyone on the board (36 range and picking out), means he would make the best wizard sniper ever. The only other things i know that can do this is the nurgle no1 spell and hochlands. Spells arent alyways certain and hochlands tend to miss a lot with lower strength.

against a wizard heavy army, he's make is points bak many times over

i'd say 300pts at least

Orc spell 'eadbutt too.
If you can target enemy characters with 3 strength 5 almost auto hits per turn from the other side of the board hes going to be alot of points, not to mention the rest of his abilities

PARTYCHICORITA
11-04-2009, 16:09
however whislt i think Arielle would be good i think she fits as more a fluff character, so would rather have her be non-playable than too under represented on the table top.

I agree with you here but since we already have Orion (with less than impressive rules btw) we might as well get Arielle to. It would be nice to have the choice to go magic/combat speacial character lord in the same way the HE and DE have.

rabitshadow
11-04-2009, 17:32
Pete-
Pete does not have a beard. Therefore is not a GINGE like the other dwarves, to represent this he has a lightsaber.
His trusty steed, Alan, is a rabit named steve.
Fluff:
The tallest dwarf in the land, the size of an average man.

LaughinGremlin
11-04-2009, 19:06
I fought one game against the most recent incarnation of Deathmaster *itch. The guy who used him is self-admittedly not a very good general and he doesn't win most games, but the deathmaster took over this game.

*itch could stop bullets in mid-air just by whislin' "Dixie." He'd fight with both hands behind his tail and still kick the crud out of my entire army. He is unkillable with all his saves and fancy knickers. The deathmaster is the epitome of :wtf:.

He makes the skitterleap spell broken, I dare say.:cheese:
More warpstone for Thanquol? No thank you, but that's more palpable than the "*itch bomb".

selone
11-04-2009, 19:44
Orc spell 'eadbutt too.
If you can target enemy characters with 3 strength 5 almost auto hits per turn from the other side of the board hes going to be alot of points, not to mention the rest of his abilities

Also the level 2 death magic spell.

IrishDelinquent
12-04-2009, 06:54
Yay! Irish can ramble on and on about nothing!

Here are my ideas for special characters based on those in Warhammer Online, along with some of my own:

Grumlok and Gazbag, Warbosses of da Bloody Sun Boyz

The leaders of the Bloody Sun tribe of Orcs, Grumlok and Gazbag are a strange sight. Grumlok, a towering Black Orc, leads his boys through sheer force of will and intimidation. He stands nearly the size of an Ogre, and wields nasty weapons and armor. Gazbag, in contrast, is a craft Goblin shaman, who leads by treachery and cunning tactics. The two work together, an unstoppable combination of Gork's brutality and Mork's kunnin'.

Discovered by Malekith, the pair were gifted magical amulets which increased their already formidable powers. The aumlets secretly allows the Witch King to command the Greenskin leaders, and he used their power to direct a WAAAAGH!! against the Dwarfs...not that this required the power of the amulet.

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Grumlok 4 8 2 5 5 7 4 5 -
Gazbag - 4 5 4 - - 6 3 10

Grumlok and Gazbag count as a Level 4 Great Shaman.

Equipment:

Grumlok - Gutrippa, Da Bloody Sun Body Plate, Ironfist, Helm.
Gazbag - Da Sharptoof Shanka, Mork's Moon Staff

Speshul Rulez

Deyz da Bosses
Strangely inseperable, Grumlok and Gazbag march to war as one. It is truly a terrible sight to behold a massive Black Orc barreling towards a battleline, Greenskin Magic being hurled by a Goblin perched on it's shoulder all the way!

Grumlok and Gazbag are treated as one model. Neither Grumlok nor Gazbag may be singled out by any attack made against the 'Grumlok and Gazbag' model; For all intents and purposes, Grumlok and Gazbag are a single model.

Gazbag may always cast spells, even if Grumlok and Gazbag are engaged in combat. Gazbag has a 360 degree line of sight for determining a target for his spell.

Grumlok and Gazbag will always be the Army General. In addition, Grumlok and Gazbag have the effect of a Battle Standard (re-roll failed Morale checks, +1 to combat resolution). An army containing Grumlok and Gazbag may still contain a Battle Standard Bearer...they only bestow the effect, but don't carry the flag.

Gork's Faverrit

The Orcs of the Bloody Sun tribe regard Grumlok as the chosen of Gork. The Orc Warboss leads with a brutal iron fist, and represents the Orc ideology; brutal, battle-frenzied, and tough!

Grumlok and Gazbag have a 5+ Ward Save, representing the Orc's unnatural toughness. Also, Grumlok will never be wounded on better than a 3+. Any attack that would normally wound on a 2+, or that wounds automatically by means of a magical effect, will still need to roll a 3 or better to wound Grumlok and Gazbag. This ability has no effect on wounds caused by the Poisoned special rule.

Mork's Faverrit

The Goblins that are drawn to the Bloody Sun tribe are awwed by the WAAAGH!! energy flowing through Gazbag. They also admire his kunnin tricks, which have caused the downfall of more than one enemy.

Gazbag does not randomly determine which spells he knows; Gazbag will choose 4 spells from both the Little and/or Big WAAAGH!! spell lists. He may attempt to cast any spell he knows as many times as he wants in the Magic Phase, rather than just once.

When Gazbag rolls two or more 1's when trying to cast a spell, he does not miscast. Instead, randomly choose one spellcaster on the field (chosen from amongst both armies); the chosen spellcaster must immediately roll on the WAAAAGH!! miscast table.

Grumlok's Shiny Fings

Gutrippa

An immense axe wielded by Grumlok, Gutrippa can tear through armor without pause. While the mere weight of the axe is enough to crush any nearby Goblins, Grumlok can wield it effortlessly with one hand.

Great Weapon. Gutrippa ignores armor saves, and every successful wound inflicts D3 wounds. Grumlok wields Gutrippa at his normal initiative, instead of striking at I1.

Da Bloody Sun Body Plate

While it looks like it was cobbled together from scrap metal, the armor worn by Grumlok is surprisingly durable.

Full Plate armor. Any attack that reduces an armor save will reduce Grumlok and Gazbag's save by one less. For instance, a strength 4 attack, which would normally reduce a model's armor save by 1, will not reduce Grumlok and Gazbag's armor save.

Dat Elfy Fing

An amulet gifted to Grumlok, it bears a hidden spell of command. It also increases his scary close combat abilities.

Once per battle, at the start of your turn, you may activate the amulet. For the remainder of that game turn, Grumlok gains the following upgrades: +3 WS, +1 T, +3 A, +3 I.

Gazbag's Gubbins

Da Sharptoof Shanka

A cruelly serrated blade, Gazbag's dagger can find the tiniest gap in an enemy's armor almost by itself, and almost always pierces a vital organ.

Hand Weapon. Ignores armor saves. Attacks from this weapon will wound on a 3+, unless it would normally be less.

Mork's Moon Staff

This staff convulses with barely-surpressed WAAAGH!! energy. When an enemy (or any Goblin that gets too close) dies, the manevolent energy of the staff grows as it consumes the soul of the fallen.

Any model slain (reduced to 0 wounds) by a close-combat attack from Gazbag adds a power dice to the common Orc and Goblin dice pool. This addition is permanent, unless Grumlok and Gazbag are slain.

Dis Stinky Gubbin

Given to Gazbag by Malekith, this amulet opens the Shaman's mind to the Winds of Magic. Combining his natural grasp of WAAAAGH!! energy with the Winds of Magic allows Gazbag to unleash immense amounts of power.

Once per battle, at the start of your turn, you may activate this amulet. For the remainder of that game turn, any casting attempt made by Gazbag will count as being cast with Irresistable Force if any doubles are rolled.

...this bad boy would easily run like 700 points plus.
Trust me, this is just the beginning of my insanity...more to come!

Kaid
12-04-2009, 07:09
I think an Master Eng. Dwarf Special Character would be cool.

You could have a choice of a gun that shoots a mortar, a hand-held bolt thrower, etc.

And then he could have a special ability where he calls in off the table artillery fire or a Gyrocopter Strafing Run. Perhaps an entire "Lore" if you will that's just a bunch of engineering abilities.

Dwarfs need another SC something fierce IMO. Come to think of it I think this is the only Dwarf idea even here! Sad this is. :cries:

Hmph... Even more Skaven hero ideas... lame...

Bum
12-04-2009, 07:59
For Skaven I'd really like to see not only the major Skaven Clan lords that allow you to take Plague Monks/Night runners etc as a mainstay but hero levels guys that do the same thing. They don't even have to be over 90-100 points etc and just be pretty normal Chieften type stats with a special rule or weapon.

Something simple. I bought a ton of plague monks/censor bearers a week ago because even though they truly aren't the greatest (well at least monks) I love the models/units/fluff.

O&G'sRule
12-04-2009, 12:07
That Grumlok and Gazbag ruleset would make most daemon characters look tame