PDA

View Full Version : Morathi's Darksword

Lasher
09-04-2009, 21:09
The item's description is "Each wound inflicted on an enemy character or champion (after saves, etc.) also deducts 1 from the model's S, A and T for the remainder of the game. If any of these is reduced to 0, the enemy is removed as casualty."

Now, it is perfectly understandable that a model is removed if its S or T is reduced to 0. Normally however, an A characteristic of 0 is not a reason to remove a model. Am I right to assume that the description of the item will however override this and cause 1 unsaved wound on any character with 1A to instantly die? If so, Morathi could easilly be used to kill enemy wizards (most of whom have 1A), and would be especially useful against special characters, such as Kairos Fateweaver.

Kalandros
09-04-2009, 21:12
Yes, that's exactly how it works.

Reducing its attacks to 0 makes the model incapable of participating in the battle or something.

But lets not think too deeply about a rule and the 'logic' behind it (:

Spirit
09-04-2009, 21:21
Well thats a pretty good mage killer.

How many attacks does your average LORD level mage have?

Reinnon
09-04-2009, 21:32
tbh: most lord level mages are fairly easy to kill anyway, don't think you really need to do it via their attacks being reduced to 0.

Dr.Mercury
09-04-2009, 21:56
She can do it to a slann, though.

That is, if she can actually get one in base 2 base.

Tae
09-04-2009, 22:16
Most fun on a Great Unclean One.

4 attacks you say? One round of combat (potentially) I say!

Nurgling Chieftain
09-04-2009, 22:48
Morathi's odds of inflicting any unsaved wounds on a Great Unclean One aren't that hot, really. Still, better four than ten, I suppose...

Dr.Mercury
10-04-2009, 00:32
Ahh, but remember, You CAN give her the potion of strength, that would give her strength 6 for one turn.

Tae
10-04-2009, 01:28
Morathi's odds of inflicting any unsaved wounds on a Great Unclean One aren't that hot, really. Still, better four than ten, I suppose...

Plus depends what the GUO has taken in terms of upgrades etc.etc.

Still, as you said, it's never going to be an ideal matchup. But then, as you also pointed out, I'd rather 4 than 10 :p