PDA

View Full Version : Tower System

Craignum2
10-04-2009, 03:28
I heard someone was looking for a site that sells tower terrain that has an industrial feel. Here's a link to the site if you're interested:

Litko Aerosystems (http://www.litkoaero.com/page/LAI/CTGY/ITS)

-C2

Templar Ben
10-04-2009, 03:33
That is a good find. Thank you for sharing.

Did platformer go under?

folnjir
10-04-2009, 06:34
Yep good find. The space corridor stuff looks interesting too.

sprugly
10-04-2009, 08:59
thats pretty cool. Looks loosly based on the necromunda scenery which was always fun!

Darkhorse
10-04-2009, 10:35
Ooh! Looks very nice, shame it's American, shipping and exchange are awful...
I'm surprised GW hasn't sued, the Space Corridor is blatently Hulk...

Templar Ben
10-04-2009, 10:47
What grounds would they have to sue?

Lord Humongous
10-04-2009, 16:03
That table setup is almost exactly like what I used for necromunda; having the towers up on raised "blocks" with sunken alley's in between makes for a very interesting game.
Shame the stuff is so spendy. Looks like its all laser cut particle board, which makes the per unit production costs a bit high, although it keeps set up costs very low. If they were smart, they would have designed the stuff so that people could easily cut their own floors from foam core. Heck, I could probably contract some laser cutting place to do that for me, for less cash....

IMO the designs don't provide enough cover, especially at ground level. The original Necromunda terrain has a lot of wings / butresses that come off the risers to make short projecting walls you can hide behind at ground level (and higher). This stuff is so skeletal that (unless you install a lot of walls, which they did not in the examples) its pretty much just a bunch of elevated shooting platforms with next to no cover. Even in 40K, most of it would not provide useful cover under the current rules.