PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Combat Calculator

Zerazar
10-04-2009, 11:31
I've been working on an Excel spreadsheet recently. It basicly calculates the average number of unsaved wounds that would be dealt with stats you specify.

You enter number of attacks, to hit (e.g. if you hit on 3+, enter 3), strength, toughess of opponent etc.
To check poison attacks or killling blow etc., just put a 1 in the field.

Only enter numbers into the coloured boxes.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0RJQGI81

Did I do anything wrong? What should I add next?

selone
10-04-2009, 12:24
Avian's probably your man for things like these, he did an excellent page ehre-

http://folk.ntnu.no/~tarjeia/avian/calculations/unit_combat.php

Gork or Possibly Mork
10-04-2009, 12:34
For some reason I could never get avian's calculator or simulator to work. I get nothing but the page refreshes.

Could someone give me a idiot proof step-by-step. I must be missing something?

Avian
10-04-2009, 12:38
It appears that something is wrong with the server, possibly they did some kind of upgrade to their PHP software, which makes my script not work anymore. I haven't bothered to look into it too closely since I will be moving to a new server within a week or two anyway.

Gork or Possibly Mork
10-04-2009, 12:42
Thanks Avian. I thought I was doing it wrong all this time.:D

Avian
16-04-2009, 20:09
I'd just like to note that I've moved my website to another server and with a new domain name - www.avianon.net. The combat calculator now works as it should and I thank everyone who has been waiting for it for their patience.

wolfslough
16-04-2009, 21:22
Ah good I've had the same refreshing problem but it works great now! One thing I've been wondering though is, say i'm testing out the combat between 15 high elf spearmen against 16 saurus. The high elves are in 5-3 form where the saurus are 4-4. So obviously the spearmen are going first because they are the attackers but the saurus charged, so the high elves would be able to fight with their 3 ranks of spears. All in all they should have 15 total attacks against the lizardmen's 12 (shield & ccw) the number of attacks only goes up to 10 so would I just multiply the results by 1/3 and add it to the final result or should I make it so the High Elves have 15 in base contact with 1 attack each?

Avian
16-04-2009, 21:37
Well, you can select the "Attacker ranks" option and set them to fighting in three ranks, with 5 models in base contact. :)

wolfslough
17-04-2009, 04:42
Ah I see I was playing around with the combat simulator, thanks Avian!

eagletsi1
17-04-2009, 14:55
Avian how do I use 4 Ogres. They have more then 10 attacks and since their base size is different will your calculator track that?

Also:

My group has over 50 Scenarios we use, I was wondering if you might want some of them sent to you for your scenario list. (Most are from the Generals Compendem or Tournaments we have been at.

Just wondering

Avian
17-04-2009, 15:28
If they are striking last you will need to set the number of wounds they have in the defender column. If they are attacking first this isn't really important. Then just set the number of attacking models (4) and the number of attacks they have each (3 or 4) as normal. :)

I'd be interested in scenarios, but it would have to be ones you yourself have made and you agree to them being on my site. I can't accept scenarios made by third parties.