PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Lore against Lizardmen?

Devil
10-04-2009, 11:41
What do you guys think is the best Lore out of the rule book against lizardmen?

WhiteLion
10-04-2009, 11:45
What do you guys think is the best Lore out of the rule book against lizardmen?

Beast Lore for Beast Cowers and tying up one of their big monsters.

I also like life as it can help defend the woods against their skirmishers, but magic missiles work well against them also.

Classical Mushroom
10-04-2009, 11:54
I think Lore of Shadow is good. If you can get PoS and then just watch a Toad fall in it.

You can get a Toad in the Hole :D

Necromancy Black
10-04-2009, 12:42
I think Lore of Shadow is good. If you can get PoS and then just watch a Toad fall in it.

You can get a Toad in the Hole :D

Alot harder to pull off now. If alone he'll be hiding out of LOS. If in a TG unit, he now gets a look out sir! If Chakax is there he can re-roll this as well.

Plus you can get the Slann MR, which is alright, or the ability to make the enemy discard 6's, which has the same range as Pit of Shades and doesn't need LOS.

I honestly don't see any single best Lore against Lizardmen. As stated above, Beast Cowers will be helpful at stopping Stegadons, Cold Ones and Terradons, but that's not really anything different to what it's normally used for.

Classical Mushroom
10-04-2009, 13:39
Alot harder to pull off now. If alone he'll be hiding out of LOS. If in a TG unit, he now gets a look out sir! If Chakax is there he can re-roll this as well.

Plus you can get the Slann MR, which is alright, or the ability to make the enemy discard 6's, which has the same range as Pit of Shades and doesn't need LOS.

I honestly don't see any single best Lore against Lizardmen. As stated above, Beast Cowers will be helpful at stopping Stegadons, Cold Ones and Terradons, but that's not really anything different to what it's normally used for.

What no more toad in the hole........i'l have steak then. :(

Looks like i need to get the new Lizzie book. Still shadows isnt a bad choice as you can still kill stegs and wipe out units of Saurus warriors. A couple of good moving spells and you can make one of your units cause Fear could help breaking the enemy line. ;)

Kerill
10-04-2009, 16:21
Stegs test on I4 though or 6 if it's ridden by a chief. Fire isn't a bad lore- the magic missiles are pretty handy against skinks, wall of fire is insanely good against the skink/krox cohorts but they aren't that common. Beasts is good as noted for an all-round lore. Death also has useful magic missiles and the fear spell can be useful for breaking saurus.

PARTYCHICORITA
10-04-2009, 16:25
Can you use the first spell in the Lore of metal to target the priest operating the EotG?

Because with a 2+ save he would die rather quickly if the spell gets cast.

Classical Mushroom
10-04-2009, 18:21
Stegs test on I4 though or 6 if it's ridden by a chief. Fire isn't a bad lore- the magic missiles are pretty handy against skinks, wall of fire is insanely good against the skink/krox cohorts but they aren't that common. Beasts is good as noted for an all-round lore. Death also has useful magic missiles and the fear spell can be useful for breaking saurus.

Ah bugger yeah forgot about the skinks :p oh the shame :cries:

ThePrecious
11-04-2009, 00:22
The 1st spell in the metal lore should be able to target it, very good idea :D

theunwantedbeing
11-04-2009, 00:46
Metal.
1. Pick out and kill the 1+ save toting saurus character's.
2. Worthless but can be swapped for spell 1.
3. Suddenly the hard hitting things dont hit all that hard ^_^
4. Kill 2d6 skinks
5. Goodbye annoying magical thingy!
6. That 2+ save howdah is now a rather hot melted liability....

Shadow is all well and good for pit of shades....but the rest of the lore isnt quite as useful.

Jericho
11-04-2009, 02:56
Law of Gold, usually quite useless, can actually be amazing against Lizards since there's a number of big, expensive magic items they're likely to take. Stripping Diadem of Power off of an EoTG DD factory would be nice. Obviously he's not going to nominate the BoR if you target his big Carnosaur guy, but if you hit him twice you might get lucky.

<edit> Warspear Steg is another prime target for the spell, since it's the only magic item on the model. </edit>

If you play on lots of Lustria themed tables, crammed full of scenery, then Lore of Life can be pretty useful. Metal's still probably better though since d6 S4 isn't good enough against most of the tougher Lizardmen units.

PopeAlexanderVI
11-04-2009, 04:23
Depends on what sort of wizard you are using to cast.

A level 2 I'd say Metal, because of how reliably you will be able to snipe characters with the first spell.

Beasts is another strong choice, especially if you can get items to improve your spell selection and improve chances of Cower.

I think Shadow would be a good choice for a really strong caster. Stegs are only movement 6 and not much good at taking charges, the movement spell can help a lot. Pit of Shades, while not able to 1 shot Stegs, can really mess up all the I1 and I2 Lizardmen infantry. And killing 6 TG a turn with a pit is great. Of course Metal is probably the most reliable choice, Spirit of the Forge will wreck on Temple Guard blocks.

Really though, with most Slann-led Lizardmen armies having a base 6 DD and Becalming Cogitation, it might be best to just focus on magic defense.

Kerill
11-04-2009, 06:34
ROBI can't pick out the character on the stegadon or carnisaur.
Spirit of the forge is nice against characters on the steg but only 1 hit on the steg character on average with each casting and to be fair lizzies have good magic defence.

I honestly think lots of magic missiles is the way to go- they can't stop them all and terradons and skinks are excellent targets.

SiNNiX
11-04-2009, 06:48
I'd go with Death, personally. Making cold-blooded units test at -3 LD is one of your best chances at victory.

changer of fate
11-04-2009, 10:37
i just had a game this morning against my lizardman buddy with my chaos.

and best part of the game is in magic. I used lore of tzeentch and slaanesh. they worked very well, especially the slaanesh lore.

First turn, i killed one stegedon with the first spell on the tzeentch lore (rolled two sixs for determine the amount of hit and strength - 7 strenght 7 hits......)

then during the game treason of tzeentch really weakened his sarus up and hystorical frenzy made his skinks charge my chaos warriors (i wonder who won.....)

i also had a undivided lvl 2 with lore of fire hiding in a unit with banner of wrath and they blasted everything withing 24" with a crap load of magic missiles

SiNNiX
11-04-2009, 17:21
See I wouldn't take a Lizardmen army without magic but that's just me. I'm not a carnosaur kinda guy. But I'd still use Death out of any of he Lores in the rulebook.

badgeraddict
11-04-2009, 17:47
Lizardmen are surprisingly well armoured. I'd say go for lore of Metal. Its got those nasty spells to deal with armour (1,6), a decent magic missile (4) to use on skinks.