PDA

View Full Version : difficult ground question

WightKing
10-04-2009, 14:58
ihave a unit of pistoliers inside a wood.
is their move char/tic halved for good as i start my turn even if i clear it or i pay doudle until i'm out and then move normally? -no marching of course.

nosferatu1001
10-04-2009, 15:26
Your move characteristic is not halved, that is just the effect - what happens its that every inch costs double, as long as youre within the terrain feature. that means as you move out of contact you no longer have the penalty.

WightKing
13-04-2009, 09:50
Your move characteristic is not halved, that is just the effect - what happens its that every inch costs double, as long as youre within the terrain feature. that means as you move out of contact you no longer have the penalty.

that means that if i charge out of it i'll pay double all the inches as long as any part / fraction of the units bases are inside it and then use the remaining move (from 16'') to see if i can charge.CORRECT?

WightKing
13-04-2009, 09:58
that means that if i charge out of it i'll pay double all the inches as long as any part / fraction of the units bases are inside it and then use the remaining move (from 16'') to see if i can charge.CORRECT?

and what about charging over an obstacle .does enery figure passing has to pay half it's normal move -cavalry 4- stack all theese 4s and substract them from their charge move to see if they reach with what it's left? CORRECT?

nosferatu1001
13-04-2009, 15:52
PLease dont use capitals, it sounds like you're SHOUTING. PLease use teh bold tags ;)

Yes, you pay double the rate as long as you stay within; i normally play that you measure the distance needed until the front of the unit is clear, as at the point they would be able to charge forwards more quickly - this makes sense, to me. Can't remember if this is how it is in the rules or not.

As for going over a terrain obstacle like that, I would count the length of the unit as double - so if the unit is 2" deep (single row of cavalry) they would need 4" to get over the obstacle.

AMWOOD co
22-04-2009, 03:06
and what about charging over an obstacle .does enery figure passing has to pay half it's normal move -cavalry 4- stack all theese 4s and substract them from their charge move to see if they reach with what it's left? CORRECT?

Actually, models lose half their effective movement when going over obstacles. Your pistoliers, who have a charge distance of 16", thus lose 8": p21 or rulebook: Charging: second paragraph, first sentance.