PDA

View Full Version : Excel Based Army Spreadsheet?

Zombie Savant
10-04-2009, 21:44
I tried searching, but no luck!

A ways back someone posted their Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Template for making 40 lists, and it was really of high quality. I'm on a different computer than usual for a couple of days and I would really like to get my hands on it again.

It had a full FOC breakdown (HQ 1, 2, Troops 1, 2, ... etc) Which would total points costs and model count as you went, as well as room for notes and etc.

Would give you percentage of points spent in a given Category.

If anyone could post this I'd be very very grateful!

Thanks!

bocaj
10-04-2009, 21:49
I have never seen something like that exept army builder but when you get back on your normal PC please post a hyperlink to it or upload it to the internet for us warseers to use.

Zombie Savant
10-04-2009, 21:55
Bocaj: The difference that this has from Army Builder is that there isn't any unit information stored it it -- it was merely a template. You had to input the point costs and units and such yourself, this just made nice totals (Your HQ selection is worth this many points, and makes up this percentage of your army).

If no one has it by the time I get back to my old computer on Monday I'll try to upload it here.

bocaj
10-04-2009, 22:05
KK thanks for the infomation

dal9ll
10-04-2009, 22:45
I would advise against using Army Builder, as it has been known to have flaws. You think everything youre doing is legal but you dont think that maybe the program isnt perfect. I lost quite a few games because it was undercosting my Eldar opponent's units.

I made a very clean and easy-to-use Excel 40k roster spreadsheet and I have it right here on my computer but you cant upload .xls files. You can PM me if you really want it.

Zombie Savant
10-04-2009, 22:54
I agree 100% with you on Army Builder, I feel it's quite a sham all around, but that is neither here nor there.

I would very much love that 40k Spread Sheet!

I'll pm in short order!

RichBlake
10-04-2009, 23:09
I use Excel in the following fashion:

Column A = Name of unit/options
Column B = Cost of unit/option
Column C, Cell 1 = Formula that adds up everything in Column B

Works brilliantly.

carldooley
10-04-2009, 23:21
using any spreadsheet is worth it as long as it has an autosum feature. the only thing to keep in mind is to proofread the list VERY closely, as spreadsheets don't check for accuracy. Personally, I forfeited a match when I realized that my 1500 TE army was actually closer to 1800 when I realized I had inputted the wrong points values for my marker drones.

it may help to get a judge to check your list before a game.

dal9ll
11-04-2009, 01:05
I dunno. Simple addition and multiplication arent that difficult for me...

RichBlake
11-04-2009, 01:50
I dunno. Simple addition and multiplication arent that difficult for me...

Yeah but the reason autosum is good isnt because you can sit there and not have to add up (thats a small bonus) it's more to do with the fact you can take stuff out and switch it around and it updates automatically.

Krimzenkov
11-04-2009, 05:36
If you're looking for a simple excel sheet for building armies, then I've found http://www.alice40k.tripod.com/ to be very helpful. I agree a calculator is a simple task but excel files catered to armies makes a time consuming hobby slightly less cumbersome.

Loki73
11-04-2009, 07:24
Their Marine calc is old. Neat though.

Krimzenkov
11-04-2009, 13:59
Their Marine calc is old. Neat though.

I haven't tried the basic marine one, but I was able to get by with the old Blood Angels file by doing a few checks in the new codex as I went along.

Edit: On a side note, very cool IG army Loki! I like the converted rough riders and I just bought the Empire General a few weeks ago to do the same thing you did with your flag banner. Cheers.

SPYDER68
11-04-2009, 18:16
If you really want an excel sheet similer to that.. i Could probly make one in my spare time at work next week.

Just PM me if you want me to see what i can do :P I probly wont be back on my comp tonight or tomorrow due to holiday and this thread might sink away and i forget.

Loki73
12-04-2009, 03:39
Edit: On a side note, very cool IG army Loki! I like the converted rough riders and I just bought the Empire General a few weeks ago to do the same thing you did with your flag banner. Cheers.

Thanks a bunch. that thread is old. I have sold the army but not the Bomber. I do miss my beast conscripts. I will replace that thread with a Crimson Fists log. I have a whole battle company to get done with a t-hawk. Sorry didnt mean to thread jack.

nexttothemoon
12-04-2009, 04:19
Here's another link to a spreadsheet that might be helpful:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/40k-armies/73700-excel-army-list-builder-v2-0-a.html

About halfway down that page is a link to version 3... might be more useful to some than the version at the top of that page.

Loki73
12-04-2009, 05:34
thankx a bunch all.

jdunn
29-06-2010, 05:24
i wish i could get my hands on an excel army sheet, that would make it so much easier for me to make lists (math not being my strong point).

[SD] Bob Plisskin
29-06-2010, 05:31
I got one that another forum member put on a torrent pack. I will post it when I get home as its on my other memory stick.

Green-is-best
29-06-2010, 05:43
Not to be a buzzkill, but an excel spreadsheet like this could be a pretty big IP violation if it has actual points costs in it. Post publicly with caution.

Just putting that out there so nobody gets the banhammer.

Biff Gunhed
29-06-2010, 07:01
I have lovingly and painstakingly created Google Spreadsheet lists for all the Codexes I own. However I probably won't be sharing them due to the IP violations as Green-is-best mentioned.

I could, however, provide one with the points costs stripped out to anyone who wanted it. You'd then just have to add in the points costs from your Codex to use it.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
29-06-2010, 08:16
I have lovingly and painstakingly created Google Spreadsheet lists for all the Codexes I own. However I probably won't be sharing them due to the IP violations as Green-is-best mentioned.

I could, however, provide one with the points costs stripped out to anyone who wanted it. You'd then just have to add in the points costs from your Codex to use it.

I didn't realise this is what people were talking about! I didn't even know such a thing existed! I just thought people were going on about a formatted workbook that adds points together for you that you typed in.

Biff Gunhed
30-06-2010, 06:42
Maybe it isn't what people were talking about :)

The reason I did it was for a quick and easy way to make up an army. It has each squad, all their options and special rules, and it automatically tallies up totals for me.

I like writing up theoretical armies that I'll never get around to making, so although it takes a couple of hours investment to get all the templates ready it then takes no time to write up an army, and I don't need to flick back and forth through the Codex to do so.

EmperorEternalXIX
30-06-2010, 07:48
I uhh, hate to do a shameless plug, but the link in my sig leads to my campaign thread. If you go to my website you could easily download and use the spreadsheet for my campaign's Warhost/Army List tracking.

If you just inventory the units you can field in the Warhost page, you can then use the other page to quickly make lists. All you do is type the number of the entry and it fills in the rest of the unit options, costs, etc., as well as adds it all up.

Might be worth looking at, it's a bit more complex than just adding up totals. The nice thing about it is you literally list all the variations of your squads that you own on one page, and then when it's time to make a list for a game you just have to type a handful of numbers and hit print.