10 Dire Wolves-80
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Rare
Varghulf-175
Varghulf-175

5 Cairn Wraiths-250
----------------------------------------
Total Points-2998
The Layout for deployment is this, starting from left to right with the Abbreviated of the unit representing them.
DW, V, G, S, S, S, G, V, DW
-------CC, G, CC-------
Cairn Wraiths I always place last if I can. General goes in middle unit of skeles as well as the Wight King. The other Vamp Lord goes in back behind the General in the unit of 10 Ghouls.
I use this army against O&G, OK, WoC, and BoC. So far it has proven pretty good. Try it and tell me how you do and what you think could be changed.

Makina
11-04-2009, 10:39
Get some more heroes in there imho.
Why spears on the skellies?
Why units of 10 wolves?

Firestorm Falcon
11-04-2009, 21:44
I'm no master of all things vamp but out of experience I'd say:

split the wolves into 4 units of 5
drop a few models to get a necro in one of the carts then give him the book of Arkhan for a guaranteed 2x vanhels in your army.
put the wight king on a barded steed to give him a 2+ save so he doesn't get sniped as easy.
Find the points (drop spears maybe, or drop the skelies to 15) to fit a unit or two of fell bats in your army. They can be raised at d6 per invocation since they're listed as infantry and with SCotN you can raise them above basic strength. They make great war machine hunters + march-blockers because they don't need vampire range as they don't march, they fly.

I can sort of understand the use of spears in this list actually because it lets your units do a bit of damage while they wait for your hitting power to arrive.

I have to say I quite like the list actually although it's a bit core heavy for my tastes (I have issues with ghouls:)).