PDA

View Full Version : Silly Associations

Feefait
11-04-2009, 04:47
Sorry but whenever I use the ward save against shooting I can't help but think of Phantom menace and thos big dinos the gungans had with the force fields. I hated the movie, but that was a cool scene. Of course now when I use my ancient steggy I always think "me-sa gonna get a ward save".

Any other stupid little associations/references you can't avoid with a certain model, troop or army?

W0lf
11-04-2009, 09:09
I cant look at executioners without asking why?

Skaven look more like dogs then rats and i cant accept that Vlad von carstein dosnt wear armour... both fluff, rules AND modelwise.

Oh and the Worrld eaters primarch Angron being called 'Angry Ron' reminds me of my old physics teacher Ronald goodfellow - but thats 40K

Kamenwati
11-04-2009, 10:25
Army of Darkness, the siege of the castle totally feels like a combat VC versus Empire led by a crazy Master Engineer and his Steam "Oldsmobile". At least I think that's what car it was.

rodmillard
11-04-2009, 22:04
Slightly off topic (LOTR):

When a friend of mine first saw Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert he couldn't figure out why he recoginsed Mitzi (Hugo Weaving). When we explained that it's the same actor who played Elrond in the Lord Of The Ring Trilogy, he spent the rest of the movie whimpering "no, Elrond, don't do that!"

I think of that every time I pick up my Master Of Rivendell mini...

Feefait
12-04-2009, 23:04
I cant look at executioners without asking why?

Skaven look more like dogs then rats and i cant accept that Vlad von carstein dosnt wear armour... both fluff, rules AND modelwise.

Oh and the Worrld eaters primarch Angron being called 'Angry Ron' reminds me of my old physics teacher Ronald goodfellow - but thats 40K

I don't get the executioners reference... lol i like the new ones alot.

rat ogres are some dumb looking rats, i'll admit that. :)

Classical Mushroom
12-04-2009, 23:10
rat ogres are some dumb looking rats, i'll admit that. :)

Ahww don't be so mean :( they have feelings you know! Tho in the skaven army book there is some fluff where a rat ogre rips a vampire apart :evilgrin:

Sorry its off topic but still their so cute and innocent :angel:

Whenever i see a Treeman i always think of Evil Dead when that tree.............you know that women.

CazKid69
12-04-2009, 23:55
Looking at the Ginger Dwarfs i cant help thinkin 'Cartman' lol. Also there was a dwarf model that reminded me of Cousin It from Addams family. (also, what does 'fluff' mean? I keep seeing it but not sure what your all talking about).

slingersam
13-04-2009, 08:47
Fluff means background story of an army. How the
army plays and feels on the battle ground. Some
people base their army on fluff. It can be effective
for some armies (Empire, DAEMONS, Dwarfs, and
Vamp Counts, lizardmen if you take full skink list,
or full Saurus block, and magic heavy)

badgeraddict
13-04-2009, 09:00
Harpies = Herpies

havoc626
13-04-2009, 09:06
Whenever I see/hear/think about bloodletters, I remember those sesame street models that someone made. I loved those models, and I never get sick of them.

EvC
13-04-2009, 13:57
Harpies = Herpies

Saurus = Soreass

Not so much since the new book was released, though.

Can't stand when people call their Warhounds/ Dire Wolves etc. "pups" though.

The Anarchist
13-04-2009, 15:29
weird one i have every time i see someone with an older von carstien model painted red jsut cant help but call it Alucard.

other one ever time i see a carnasour now i get a laugh from remembering a guy say " my t-rex he'll get yay on the toilet." made me laugh so hard!