PDA

View Full Version : Need Super Heavy Suggestions for my Armies

11-04-2009, 07:20
Hello,

I have four 40k armies, 3 of which I would like to add super heavies too.

Recently I have just acquired a chaos baneblade and nurgle plaguereaper for my chaos army. My chaos army is nightlords with a mix of plague marines in it. So any suggestions on how to make my third super heavy the DOOMSDAY DEVICE. I was thinking a rhino conversion of some sort. Can go up to 6000pts

So the second army I have is my guard army I have a full battle company of lemans and about 6-8 other tanks,artillary,transports. I'm looking to add two super heavies to this over the long run after the chaos stuff is done. Of course these would be baneblade variants.

I won't be fighting alot of titans myself maybe some other baneblades so i was thinking of anti infantry super heavies. Possibly the Stormblade and the Stormlord, these seem to be my favourite super heavies though I do like the Hellhammer too. Can go up to 5000pts depending on new codex points costs

And lastly i have a 4500 pt tyranid army which will be the last of my armies to get super heavies. With the rumors of plastic trygons, i am not keen to go out and by the forgeworld one but i will wait and see. I am definately getting a trygon though but for my second super heavy i was thinking of either malanthrope, second trygon or one of the heirodules. I like the scythed one with the big acid spit.

What do you guys think

silentsmoke
11-04-2009, 08:19
Well do what you want...I did with my Krieg, check the link below..

Theres still more to come!!

Takitron
11-04-2009, 08:43
Hello,

I have four 40k armies, 3 of which I would like to add super heavies too.

Recently I have just acquired a chaos baneblade and nurgle plaguereaper for my chaos army. My chaos army is nightlords with a mix of plague marines in it. So any suggestions on how to make my third super heavy the DOOMSDAY DEVICE. I was thinking a rhino conversion of some sort. Can go up to 6000pts

So the second army I have is my guard army I have a full battle company of lemans and about 6-8 other tanks,artillary,transports. I'm looking to add two super heavies to this over the long run after the chaos stuff is done. Of course these would be baneblade variants.

I won't be fighting alot of titans myself maybe some other baneblades so i was thinking of anti infantry super heavies. Possibly the Stormblade and the Stormlord, these seem to be my favourite super heavies though I do like the Hellhammer too. Can go up to 5000pts depending on new codex points costs

And lastly i have a 4500 pt tyranid army which will be the last of my armies to get super heavies. With the rumors of plastic trygons, i am not keen to go out and by the forgeworld one but i will wait and see. I am definately getting a trygon though but for my second super heavy i was thinking of either malanthrope, second trygon or one of the heirodules. I like the scythed one with the big acid spit.

What do you guys think

Chaos Warhound titan.
Loyalist Warhound titan (or wait for the Paladins)
Heirophant Bio Titan.
FINAL DESTINATION!

Deadmanwade
11-04-2009, 09:01
The Macharius tanks from forgeworld are cool as Light-Super Heavies. They are easy to put together and look great.

Frostea
11-04-2009, 13:01
Just FYI, malanthrope is a HQ monstrous creature, not a gargantuan. And a scythed hierodule is awesome if you expect marines.

Vote Kantor
11-04-2009, 13:21
DOOMSDAY DEVICE, update me on that!

On topic, i recon a smallish titan, or largish, your choice, maybe a flyer

Lungboy
11-04-2009, 13:38
Just FYI, malanthrope is a HQ monstrous creature, not a gargantuan. And a scythed hierodule is awesome if you expect marines.

Aye, the Malanthrope is about the same size as a Tyrant. The Barbed Hierodule is only slighty weaker than a Scythed in assault, yet has 2 Biocannons, so is by far the better option. Shame the Scythed model is so much better.

Hi_ex_lover
11-04-2009, 15:58
In a 12,000pts a side apoc 2 weeks back, we faced down 4 stompas, and over 300 orks, plus deffcopters, bikes, etc... Was a draw after 5 rounds... we have all the anit-ork firepower we need, but for stompas getting cover saves from KFF's, you need massed D weapons. We had 2 shadowswords. We killed 1 stompa.

My suggestions?
at the minimum, warhounds for the first 2 armies, with double Turbo-laser destroyers... 300 pts more than a shadowsword, 4x the firepower, 3/4 the range, with 2 voids. Now, as for money, yes, it's a bitch... but those stompas have to die. And massed lascannon, battlecannon, basilisk and baneblade/shadowsword fire needed 3 turns to kill 1 damn stompa.

11-04-2009, 17:12
I think at this point a warhound is out of my budget but if i put part of my tax return away it could be feasible. There like 500 dollars american correct?

Alessander
11-04-2009, 17:43
doomsday device is the best, since it has no model and you can build one yourself with no restrictions...