PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos (2000 pts)

hvymtl3172
11-04-2009, 07:34
Hey all, This will be my first time post with my Warriors of Chaos Army. These are the models I currently have and use. I have based my army on a combined arms of knights, infantry and sorcery. My strategy is to blast away with spells and banners until the right time to charge in. With that said, I am just looking for some feedback to try to improve the army in any way.

5 warhounds (screen) 30 pts

5 Knights (FC) 295 pts
Banner of Wrath

5 Knights (FC) 295 pts
Banner of Wrath

5 Knights (FC) 295 pts
Banner of Wrath

15 Warriors (FC) 315 pts
Banner of Wrath

10 marauders (FC) 70

5 Horsemen (Flankers)(FC) 100

1 Sorcerer (lvl 2)(fire/death) 145 pts
Dispel Scroll

Dispel Scroll

Dispel Scroll

1 (General) Sorcerer (lvl 2)(fire/death) 165 pts
Rod of Torment

The breakdown of magic is 10 power dice, 6 dispel dice with 3 dispel scrolls, 4 Banners of Wrath and the Rod of Torment. I will use the sorcerers first to cast spells and then use the banners and Rod after the opponent has used up his dispel abilities to get in some free shots with those items.

danny-d-b
11-04-2009, 07:40
1) you can only take the banner of wrath once mate, so thats out
2)with that much magic, you need the puppet, it might save your wizzards life
3) the BRB lores are good, but so are the book laws, maybe pick up a pair of nurgle/tzeencth wizzards?

4) I would never ever give full comand to horsemen ever!

SiNNiX
11-04-2009, 07:45
Becaust of EOTG, I wouldn't risk giving your units champions. The possible rewards are tempting, but what happens when your pitiful unit charges an emeny unit with a melee badass in it? You must issue/accept all challanges, your champion gets mauled to death and your enemy probably pockets some excess wounds for CR. I'd stay far away from champions unless you have awesome characters in the same units who can fight the challenge instead.