PDA

View Full Version : A new Carinfex Bio-Morph

FireN.Brimstone
16-12-2005, 20:07
Ok so the fact that Carnifexes are basically assumed to NEVER get into combat kind of bothers me because these guys are supposed to be close combat machines ripping into your opponents lines with reckless abandon and destroying all they see. The awful truth however is that despite the fact that they can become VERY powerfull in close combat they can never get there, so here’s a fun little Bio-Morph for the Carnifex that I though I’d post and see what people think. So yes it give the Carnifex an unheard of charge range but it has some very distinct disadvantages: costs 30pts, limits that price of the model to 140pts, only allows one bio weapon, can only travel in a strait line to its target, and has problems with cover. The cover disadvantage might be a little too much, but only play testing can tell. Well read on and let me know what you think!

Charging (Bad name, someone think of something better for me): 30pts
A Carnifex with the charging Bio-Morph uses one of its arm sockets for a second pair of massive hoofed legs. This allows that best to move at much faster speeds when charging the enemy, but in order for the creature to achieve these speeds it must also be relatively light.

A Carnifex with this Bio-Morph may not cost more than 140, and cannot select more or less than 1 bio-weapon.

If a Carnifex with the Charging bio-morph move in a strait line during its movement and assault phase and does not shoot in its shooting phase, it may elect to move up to 6 more inches in the assault phase for a total of 12 inches. If the Carnifex elects to move more than 6 inches in its assault phase and has to move through cover roll to reach its target roll a die and on a 5+ it takes an unsavable wound and must be placed at the boundary of the cover.

RampagingRavener
16-12-2005, 20:32
Hmm. I've never had a problem getting my assault carnifexes into assault myself, and I'm playing against perfectly capable opponents as well. Usually about turn 3-4 as well, so it has plenty of time for killing the enemy.

I don't really think its needed myself.

IncubiLord
17-12-2005, 05:47
Call it carnitaur, and just give the fex a 12" charge.
Keep the wound, but on a low roll (1-2).
A 'fex should not be stopped by cover.
I like that it sacrifices a potential attack for speed, and the cost limit keeps them from getting out of hand.

Hideous Loon
17-12-2005, 09:05
Yeah, it's not like a little wall is going to stop a charging five-metric-tons Carnifex! I like it, with the exception noted above.