PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Figs for Lord Of The Rings

Spartagrot
16-12-2005, 20:36
I was at my local GW & was told by a member of staff you can use Warhammer figures for playing Lord of the Rings.

Festus
16-12-2005, 20:43
Hi

You can use scraps of paper or corn on the cob for playing LotR, but neither are allowed in a GW store...

Greetings
festus

starlight
16-12-2005, 20:44
<sigh>

You can use *any* GW model to replace or stand in for *any other* GW model in a GW venue (Store/Conflict/GT) as long as you obey WYSIWYG. According to the agreement between GW and New Line Cinema, GW will not *promote* the mixing of lines. That means that GW will not publish pictures of your army in WD or otherwise tell you *to* do it. However, they are allowed to acknowledge that you *can* do it.

Lord Gordonis
16-12-2005, 21:05
Yep in the new year you can get the partsd of the models starting from january

Adept
17-12-2005, 10:04
I was at my local GW & was told by a member of staff you can use Warhammer figures for playing Lord of the Rings.

Sure, but why would you want to? the LotR miniatures are, as a rule, much better than the WHFB ones.

Festus
17-12-2005, 12:21
Hi

You can use *any* GW model to replace or stand in for *any other* GW model in a GW venue (Store/Conflict/GT) as long as you obey WYSIWYG. According to the agreement between GW and New Line Cinema, GW will not *promote* the mixing of lines. That means that GW will not publish pictures of your army in WD or otherwise tell you *to* do it. However, they are allowed to acknowledge that you *can* do it.
Since when?
Here in Good Old Germany the two lines are still separate and may not be mixed, you may not even play WHFB on a LotR board here...

Greetings
Festus

Messiah
17-12-2005, 18:18
Since a couple of months past. There was a lot of talk about it.

Pertinax
17-12-2005, 19:47
The LOTR GT requires "pure" figures from LOTR...