PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Commisars?

Trench_Raider
12-04-2009, 01:24
My LGS has the new IG preview codex, but I have not had much of a chance to thumb through it yet. Here is a quick question for those who have it handy.

Do the Rough Rider units have an option to attach a commisar or some other squad upgrade type character. I've got an old mounted commisar figure here that needs using!

TR

Bunnahabhain
12-04-2009, 01:37
Nope, no option to mount anybody, as far as anybody has noticed. They all either come on a horse etc already, or have no option for them.

I wish they did, I too have a mounted officer, commissar and such like...

RampagingRavener
12-04-2009, 01:41
Do the Rough Rider units have an option to attach a commisar or some other squad upgrade type character. I've got an old mounted commisar figure here that needs using!

Rough Riders do have an upgrade character; Mogul Khamir, or something along those lines. Effectively makes the squad Fearless and gives them the Rage USR, and is a bit more powerful than your regular Rough Rider Sergeant on the charge. I can't imagine many people would take issue with using Counts-as to represent him with a mounted Commissar, and he isn't cripplingly expensive in terms of points either.

Bregalad
12-04-2009, 10:19
Perhaps we will see new FW rules accompanying the new GD miniature. And perhaps these rules will be on the FW website with the updated DKoK rules (not yet though).

Codsticker
12-04-2009, 16:54

TR
Me too- I built him back when we had to use the list at the back of the third edition rulebook and I was working on a Rough Rider regiment.

Nope, no option to mount anybody, as far as anybody has noticed.

Crap...

Trench_Raider
12-04-2009, 16:56
As much as I hate the use of special characters, I might have to look into using the named guy in the new codex as a "counts as" model.

TR

Bookwrak
12-04-2009, 17:36
I'm just pleased by the fact that I already have a tallern rough rider mounted on a robo horse. I did it way back when because I thought it'd be cool. I never expected GW to oblige me with rules for him. :D