PDA

View Full Version : Question on new Eldar Jetbikes

Horus38
12-04-2009, 01:31
Now I realize this probably should have been posted in the Rumor and News section (joking, joking :angel:).

I saw in the latest Planet Strike rumors that there was a small tidbit that new Eldar jetbikes may be forthcoming. This was posted as a tentative possibility at best, so I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything more regarding this. My hope is that it would be the one from the Jes Goodwin sculpt picture posted on this site awhile back.

Any information appreciated.

Bregalad
12-04-2009, 10:22
I saw in the latest Planet Strike rumors that there was a small tidbit that new Eldar jetbikes may be forthcoming. This was posted as a tentative possibility at best, so I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything more regarding this.
Yes, we all know the precise release date of those Eldar jetbikes. We just didn't post it in the rumour section to annoy people like you (joking,joking:angel:)

Irisado
12-04-2009, 13:34
There have been tentative murmurings for a long time now about possible new Eldar Jetbikes, since Jes Goodwin produced that prototype design quite a while ago now.

Personally, I think the wait is going to be quite a long one, since GW appear to have many more important releases to get through before they start worrying about new Eldar Jetbikes.

For the time being, therefore, I feel it's more a case of wishing and hoping than expecting.

Horus38
12-04-2009, 16:09
mmm, I had figured as much Bregalad ;)

I was more hoping someone else would corroborate the rumor of the Jetbikes ("My store manager also mentioned" etc.) but it would seem to be the case of wishing as Irisado says.

Sons of Alaitoc v.2
12-04-2009, 17:39
I haven't seen the new ones personally, so what is so different about them, have they been altered special rules, weapons, and stats wise, or is it just appearance? I have yet to get any, and if they sound good I will probably wait 'til they are released, don't mind how long it takes, not that fust at the moment.

Thud
12-04-2009, 17:46
I believe I heard something about them being released along with Codex: Dark Eldar as models that can be used in both Eldar and Dark Eldar armies.

toxic_wisdom
12-04-2009, 20:51
I haven't seen the new ones personally, so what is so different about them, have they been altered special rules, weapons, and stats wise, or is it just appearance? I have yet to get any, and if they sound good I will probably wait 'til they are released, don't mind how long it takes, not that fust at the moment.

The model is new in appearance - more sleek looking in design and riders posed to reflect speed riding on a crotch rocket rather than the current sunday cruise rider on a tour bike.

picture links can be found here: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104278&highlight=UKGD+2007+Eldar+Jetbike

Tyron
12-04-2009, 21:02
Yes, we all know the precise release date of those Eldar jetbikes.

Which is?....

Thud
12-04-2009, 21:05
Which is?....

If you could have been bothered to read the second sentence of Bregalad's post you'd see that he was joking. :rolleyes:

Tyron
12-04-2009, 21:08
Hard to tell on the interweb Thud :rolleyes:

Meriwether
12-04-2009, 22:26
LOL. No, it wasn't. He even added "joking, joking" with a little angel-face.

Sheesh.

Meri

Tyron
12-04-2009, 23:02
it is when it's Bregalad.

kikkoman
13-04-2009, 01:49
I hope that's not the final version though, it just doesn't look very good, the rider's armor is also pretty uninteresting. Racer style may seem sensible for a super speedy jetbike, but you gotta imagine shining spears and warlocks riding and swinging swords off of them too.

Weirdly the Rogue Trader jetbikes look better in design to me (rider's helmet, clothes, canopy of the bike and overall silhouette).

It's mentioned to have many variants though, which should be interesting. The bottom does look good.

Horus38
13-04-2009, 02:44
I hope that's not the final version though, it just doesn't look very good, the rider's armor is also pretty uninteresting.

I find those early design pics are much more dynamic then the static pose of current riders. You'd think they were out for a joy ride on their 4 wheelers doing about 20 mph through a field.

silverstu
13-04-2009, 08:52
The only things i have read about them are- Jes said at the UKGW open day that the kit is ready to go they are just looking for a slot to release them. Planet strike seemed to be a possibility but as yet nothing concrete has appeared. There where also rumours posted by Orbital of a possible quick fix eldar dex next year alongside a dark eldar codex- this was discredited because the rumours also included stuff from the joke nid dex. However the rumours also mentioned a plastic trygon and possible new nid dex at the very end of the year. The Trygon has been confirmed and there have been very strong hints tht the nids will get an update early 2010 so perhaps there may be some substance to the eldar rumours too- which would be the opportunity to release the new bikes. It's all a bit far away though so it's too early to get anything more solid.

Erilion
16-04-2009, 18:02
Look at rumors at planetstrike. There is : "Eldar Jetbikes have been mentioned as a slim possibility"