PDA

View Full Version : [WoTR] 2000 Point Fallen Realm (kind of)

Sarah S
12-04-2009, 02:37
While I am using the Fallen Realm army to make this list, it's thematically more of an Angmar force:

Epic Heroes
Dark Marshal - 125: Leader
The Shadow Lord - 125
Khamul the Easterling - 125
The Tainted - 125

Common Formations
4 companies of Morgul Knights with Commander and Banner - 225

4 companies of Black Numenoreans with Black Marshal and Banner 225
4 companies of Black Numenoreans with Black Marshal and Banner 225

4 companies of Spectral Host - 320

Fates
There Will be no Dawn - 50

So the idea is to have all the Ringwraiths in the Spectral Host formation.
That formation will be immune to shooting outside of short range, and inside of short range will have Khamul's protection.

The Nazgul should be able to dump out a prodigious amount of Dark and Dismay magic, chopping the enemy's courage and fight to ridiculously low values, ensuring that my enemies will have great difficulty passing the many Terror and other courage related tests that this army will be forcing them to take. There Will be no Night, when used at the appropriate time will be devastating with this force.

A lack of shooting, monsters and combat heroes will probably really make me suffer, but hopefully the Dark and Dismay magic that the Ringwraiths pump out will be sufficient to turn the tide. The Morgul Knights and Black Numenoreans aren't too shabby when left to their own devices, and hopefully won't suffer too badly.

I thought about dropping on of the Spectral Host companies to take the Winged Nazgul version of the Tainted, but I figure I want him right in the middle of my force anyways and that gives me 8 more casualties to take on the Spectral Host.

Comments, criticism?

Jorgen_CAB
12-04-2009, 06:51
It certainly is a cool list, and anything that is cool will be fun to play even if you loose... :)

It is very strong in certain areas but lack in others just as you say... but overall I think this will be a fun army to play with and really impressive when you set it up. It will most likely inspire real terror on your opponent player as well as his army. :D

dtjunkie19
12-04-2009, 14:03
Its an awesome theme, roll with it, I'd be scared to fight an army of all metal models!

I'd personally have 3 formations of infantry rather than cavalry but thats not a big deal really. The magic from the ringwraiths will be powerful, just make sure you use it well.

Are Black Numenoreans from Angmar? If not, maybe get the witch king in the force and sub out some points somewhere. infantry formations, I've found, don't really need banners unless you have nothing else to spend the points on.

Sarah S
12-04-2009, 15:41
Are Black Numenoreans from Angmar? If not, maybe get the witch king in the force and sub out some points somewhere. infantry formations, I've found, don't really need banners unless you have nothing else to spend the points on.

The trouble with that is that I already have 445 points of allies, with the Tainted and the Spectral Hosts, so if I wanted the Witch King, I would have to drop one of the Spectral Host companies, something that I would prefer to avoid.

I also don't know if the Witch King's abilities are any more valuable than the Ringwraiths I already have. To be honest, I am not that impressed with the Witch King. His extra might is worth it, but without a winged beast to ride on I think it's hard to get the most out of him.

dtjunkie19
12-04-2009, 16:12
Oh no thats fine, I just didn't know if you wanted to go fully thematic, I actually agree that the witch king isn't all that hot.

Sarah S
12-04-2009, 16:17
I think this army sacrifices enough for theme already. ;)

ser_hag
13-04-2009, 05:50
infantry formations, I've found, don't really need banners unless you have nothing else to spend the points on.

i dunno, i think having rerolls on stalled charges and panic checks are pretty important. could just be me though.

i like the list a lot, even if you would have to be indepently wealthy to afford all those metal figs :D