PDA

View Full Version : A (Large and fluffy) Death Skullz Ork List

Sttucker13
12-04-2009, 10:26
I'm making a large purchase in the next week of ORKS!, now that I've pretty much completed my Space Marine shopping. If you were going to assemble 3000 points of Death Skulls, and make it nice and fluffy, what would your army list be composed of?

Rosstifer
12-04-2009, 11:35
I'd go for at least 2 squads of 15 Lootas. It in keeping with the Death Skullz background, and you'll be able to laugh at Tau and Eldar players when you put out up to 90 S7 ap4 shots per turn.

Born Again
12-04-2009, 13:11
Lootas, and lots of them! Looted wagons too, pretty much goes without saying for a death skulls army. Some grots wouldn't go astray, and back in the day painboyz were linked to the death skull clan, so you could throw in one of them and upgrade his unit to cyborks.

Moriarty
12-04-2009, 13:28
Aside from making it blue, help yourself to anything that isn't nailed down - from any race - and add Orky bits to it.

dal9ll
12-04-2009, 19:57
Youre really going to buy 3000 pts worth of stuff in one go?

Anyway I dont think Lootas are a requirement for a Dethskulls army. Ive got around 5-6k worth of Dethskulls and I dont run any Lootas. Dethskulls arent restricted to using any one unit more than another so theres no need to limit yourself. Some people might believe you have to run Looted Wagons in your army too, but I think theyre crap, at least compared to Battlewagons.

I still think the best way to build an army is buy the models whose aesthetics and special rules you like, regardless of whether or not it fits a certain theme. You can always justify a Speed Freek-style approach with Dethskulls or a mob approach to Bad Moonz or a shooty approach to Evil Sunz, etc. etc. My policy is army first, theme second.

sigur
12-04-2009, 20:16
I agree with most what dal9ll said. I wouldn't buy 3000pts of models in one go. Even 1500pts at once is much too much. Get stuff painted instead. ;)

Also, have you painted your space marines yet?