PDA

View Full Version : Question on using Empire models in a Dwarf army?

Brimweave
12-04-2009, 17:09
I was wonder how people felt about using empire models in a dwarf army with using dwarf rules for the units (such as having swordsman have normal dwarf warrior stats/point value and rules)?

I don't mean the whole army being made from empire models but maybe a unit or two as the lore of my hold is that it had quite a few human inhabitants on the surface and so I thought that they could have some human units in to represent this close link.

Just wonder how people felt if you played against me with the some empire models in my dwarf army.

Keller
12-04-2009, 17:42
You could do that; I don't think most people would have a problem with it as long as you explained before the game. Might be tricky explaining why the humans are slower and tougher than most others, though.

Alternatively, you could hire some Dogs of War humans. There are skirmishing Duelists, Pikemen, Halberdiers (Paymasters Body Guard), Maruaders, though I'd probably stay away from cavalry for a dwarf army to avoid cries of power-gaming. The units could be modeled in any way to make them fit your army, then just use the DoW rules for them. DoW are legal most everywhere, but you might want to check with tournies before hand.

The_Warsmith
12-04-2009, 17:48
or have a mix of humans and dwarves in a unit or two, dwarves slow the humans down but the dwarves in turn look after the humans (represents humans with higher T and lower M)

just a thought...

Keller
12-04-2009, 18:01
or have a mix of humans and dwarves in a unit or two, dwarves slow the humans down but the dwarves in turn look after the humans (represents humans with higher T and lower M)

just a thought...

I really like this idea! The rules say the unit is armed w/ what the majority of models have, so having a few Humans mixed in to dwarven units would not even be an issue with rules.

Brimweave
12-04-2009, 18:14
They are good ideas to explain the stats issue. My idea was to say the humans , due to having to wear more armour for the armour protection had lower initiative and also lower movement speed due to the weight the armour incurred. I do like the idea of having mixed units though :)