PDA

View Full Version : OVer run

Devil
13-04-2009, 06:38
The other game I over ran a a unit of skinks with my wolves and ran into my varghulf in combat with a stegadon. The wolves would first hit the Varghulf before hitting the stegadon if they over ran in a straightline as per the rules. Are they allowed to pivot in order to make the contact with the stegadon and thus line up with the stegadon in combast to help out the varghulf or do they just stop short of hitting the varghulf?

rottahn
13-04-2009, 07:12
they arent allowed to wheel during an overrun or a pursuit move. the wolves basically come into base contact with your own varghulf(but obviously dont attack it).

narrativium
13-04-2009, 10:43
If you reach combat I'd imagine you get your free wheel to line up as normal. However, as I play it, you don't re- line-up to maximise numbers in combat. Overrun/pursuit allows no wheels, so you clip.

Spirit
13-04-2009, 11:08
If you reach combat I'd imagine you get your free wheel to line up as normal. However, as I play it, you don't re- line-up to maximise numbers in combat. Overrun/pursuit allows no wheels, so you clip.

While this is true, the GW faq says that although clipping is unavoidable in the rules, the spirit of the game is such that if clipping occurs, you are "urged" to maximise the combat.

No rules for it though, so you have to agree with your opponent on how they want to deal with clipping. I personally always maximise, more fun.