PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice for converting an Ogre Tyrant from the Batallion Box

Desalbert
13-04-2009, 22:24
Hey everyone, I just bought the Ogre Kingdoms Battalion box, and was going to buy the Tyrant as well, but, surprisingly, my FLGS owner suggested I save myself the 45 bucks and build one from an ogre that I get in the box, with all the spare bits it gives.

So I thought I'd at least give it a try...

I was thinking of using an awesome mail-covered Iron-Gut head to start, and then obviously giving him a big weapon out of whatever I can... But I'm worried about how this conversion might affect my army composition.

So, I'm looking for advice on how I could use the pieces and models within my battalion box to build a suitable Ogre Tyrant without using greenstuff

Thanks very much :)

-Des

Mercules
14-04-2009, 00:26
Hmmmm.... Without Greenstuff makes it harder. Um... actually I am not sure how I would do it without greenstuff.

T-bred
14-04-2009, 01:02
I always wanted to start an OK army but just don't have the money for them yet. Personally I would use an irongut body/gut and use a bull head and maybe put a gnoblar on his base. Good luck with your conversion. Post some pics of it when your done ;)

Keller
14-04-2009, 01:28
Just make him nice and fancy!

Use some Iron Gut Pieces, give him a cool looking weapon (preferably one unique to just him), a big gut-plate, then hang some extra pieces on him (bear-trap, maybe?) to finish off. Give him a special paint job, maybe a gnoblar, and call it a day.

If you want, you could customize his base. Model him standing on big stones (can be had at plant/aquarium stores) so he stands above the army.

You could also convert some items using your bits from other armies, if you have them. I'm always delving into my bitsbox to customize special models. Of course, Ogres are a bit tougher, since everything is so large compared to most bits accrued from other armies, but it can be done.
Other armies' Great Weapons could work for handweapons for your Tyrant. Shields could be used as Gut Plates or shoulder armor (such as Iron Guts wear.) Just dig around and see what you can come up with.

Really, the biggest thing is to just make sure he stands out in some way. The special paint job ought to do it, if nothing else.

EvC
14-04-2009, 01:40
You should be greenstuffing your ogres to get rid of the unsightly gaps around the back of the shoulders. You'll thank us later ;)

Finnigan2004
14-04-2009, 01:54
You should be greenstuffing your ogres to get rid of the unsightly gaps around the back of the shoulders. You'll thank us later ;)

Or try plastic putty. It's awesome stuff for filling gaps and really easy to use. Either way, fill do fill those awful gaps.