PDA

View Full Version : 2k Dwarfs

Billpete002
13-04-2009, 23:12
EPIC HEROES
Dain Ironfoot King Under the Mountain
Floi Lore Master

COMMON

3x Dwarf Warrior (Shield, Captain, Banner)
3x Dwarf Warrior (Shield, Captain, Banner)
2x Dwarf Archer
2x Dwarf Archer

LEGENDARY
3x Murin's Guard
3x Durin's Guard

RARE
3x Dwarf Ballista
3x Iron Guard Ancients (Banner)
2x Vault Wardens

Total: 1955

My thoughts: So I am aiming at a rock solid defensive wall for the hordes of enemies to crash upon. I was hoping to lock 1 flank with my vault wardens and have my warriors and legendary guards hold the middle.

I think I took enough ballista to deal with monsters and all the orcbane/goblinbane I am tossing around Mordor/Misty armies shouldn't be much of a hassle in their horde troop departments.

Suggestions? How do I make this a more effective force? Should I take more Common and skimp on legendary? Should I take Gimli or Balin? Also, I skimped out on horns its a waste of points. I am already the slowest in the game mine as well not waste the points (15 a pop) and just focus on doing what dwarfs do best (defend) - though having some ambushers may be a smart move (any thoughts?)

I think Floi is a great character being able to take away 1 ability a turn is very handy and epic renew at 90 points he's a steal. I know I can take allies but if it's possible I would like to remain "pure" dwarf. - though having a spell caster is pretty tempting.

Has anyone encountered an effective dwarf army?

dtjunkie19
13-04-2009, 23:51
I would maybe skimp on banner bearers as well. Since your force is more defensive, getting the charge, while nice definitely isn't incredibly important. In fact I think you want to get charged then counter charge with your harder units. Personally I would drop the banners from the sword and shield warrior formations, drop one of your rare or legendary formations (maybe the ancients) and load up on 1 or 2 2-handed weapon dwarf warrior formations (or khazad guard with 2-handers). That would give your force some nice krumpin' power on the counter charge.

Also, maybe some rangers instead of archers? Shortbows only have a 18inch range, rangers can get regular bows for only 5 points more. They sacrifice some defense though and gain pathfinders, so that's really up to you.

Billpete002
14-04-2009, 09:07
EPIC HEROES
Dain Ironfoot King Under the Mountain
Floi Lore Master
Gimli Son of Gloin

COMMON
3x Dwarf Warrior (Shield, Captain)
3x Dwarf Warrior (Shield, Captain)

LEGENDARY
3x Murin's Guard
3x Durin's Guard
3x Drar's Hunters

RARE
3x Dwarf Ballista
2x Vault Wardens

Fortune: Mithril Coat (placed on Dain for a R5!)

Total: 1980

This setup removes the iron guard vets and adds in the ability to have bows and if needed ambush. I also have very heavy blocks of infantry with D(10) in two formations and most D being at 8 or more it will take a lot of spells/monsters to wittle down the shield wall.

Thoughts? Improvements?