PDA

View Full Version : First crack at dwarfs

DasKhorne
14-04-2009, 00:25
This is my first crack at dwarfs as i am usually a WoC player, so im used to moving and fighting, but not shooting:(
Looking for a defensive army really, with shooty things that go "pew-pew" and enough melee power to fend of an attacker:o

Ive got some fluff for the army, which i want to keep

1500 pts

HEROES

-----Dwarf thane--goes with Ironbreakers
oath stone
sheild
master rune of adamant
rune of striking
rune of cleaving

------Runesmith----Goes with warriors
2 Rospellbreaking

------Master engineer---- goes with grudge thrower
RoPen
RoFortune
handgun
great weapon

CORE

19 warriors
command
sheilds

12 thunderers
mus

10 warriors
great weapons

SPECIAL

19 iron breakers
command
rune of battle

cannon
eng.

grudge thrower

RARE

organgun

dont be too critical:P

selone
14-04-2009, 00:33
I can't see how anyone could be too critical of that list, looks fine imo :)

DasKhorne
14-04-2009, 00:40
really:eyebrows:

coz i really do suck at making lists:cries: BUT!

i know 2+ AS in CC in 2000> can be good

SiNNiX
14-04-2009, 03:11
Well hopefully you'll find this advise helpful.

First of all, it appears from what I can tell from your list that you gave your Engineering runes to your engineers instead of your artillery. Those runes go on your actual warmachines.

Consider swapping one of your Runes of Spellbreaking for a MRune of Balance.

Consider getting rid of the cannon in place of a GT or 2x BT's. Cannons usually prove to be inferior to grudge throwers if you're good at guessing measurements.

Consider getting rid of your champions. Don't really need them as they'll just get challenged and slaughtered anyway.

Definately stack some sexy runes on those warmachines! That is what truly makes them the best warmachines in warhammer.

All of the above are simply suggestions. Feel free to ignore them. :)

Dark14
14-04-2009, 03:31
10warriors is to small to win anything get some more ranged for there points.

DasKhorne
14-04-2009, 04:20
Well hopefully you'll find this advise helpful.

First of all, it appears from what I can tell from your list that you gave your Engineering runes to your engineers instead of your artillery. Those runes go on your actual warmachines.

Consider swapping one of your Runes of Spellbreaking for a MRune of Balance.

Consider getting rid of the cannon in place of a GT or 2x BT's. Cannons usually prove to be inferior to grudge throwers if you're good at guessing measurements.

Consider getting rid of your champions. Don't really need them as they'll just get challenged and slaughtered anyway.

Definately stack some sexy runes on those warmachines! That is what truly makes them the best warmachines in warhammer.

All of the above are simply suggestions. Feel free to ignore them. :)

10warriors is to small to win anything get some more ranged for there points.

Ah, good advice thank you:angel::D

fishound7
14-04-2009, 09:38
I'd cut the thunders down to 10 and drop mus. I find it already unyielding to fit a unit of 10 missle troops on the ground as is. imo missle troops don't need musicians our leadership is good nuff. I don't know if you have it or not but take shields on your thunders. (saves you 35 points or 25 depending if you put shields on)

If your gunna take a cannon put roforging on it as it makes it dumb reliable.
If your gunna take the grudethrower put roaccuracy on it.

If your worried about your GT misfiring which you shouldn't since your gunna put your ME there. Instead of the rofortune I'd suggest a normal engineer and roreloading on the Grudgethrower. It is the same points as the rofortune but 10 times better imo. Basically if you misfire with the GT you get a reroll on the missfire. Anything but a 1 or a (1-2) (don't have GT missfire chart on me) you get to keep firing anyway. So you'd have to roll two 1's in order for a bad missfire.

PLUS you have a extra body on your warmachine. PLUS if the ME joins that unit with the engineer you have unit strength 5 and can contest or claim table corners with it if it stays full strength. Concerning the GT I'd put my ME there and call it done with roaccuracy and ropen. OR drop the ME and put ropen, ro accuracy, roreload, + eng.

I used to be a fan of the oathstone but I've found now if your properly deployed and use your units to support each other you don't really need it. And to be honest I feel it kinda hinders you. You have to set it as a charge reaction meaning if someone pins you one turn and flank charges the next you don't get to set the stone as you are already in combat. I like 15 hammers with rocourage over ironbreakers. I think the whole idea of the oathstone with ironbreakers is good but in practicality it doesn't work out as well. Or maybe I haven't figured out the right trick yet.

Put a shield on your runesmith don't know if ya got one consider maybe a GW on him also. I like your set up on him btw. I'd keep him with the warmachines have him join one.

Your thane's runes are interesting. I think a BSB would be better thou. Mrogromil on bsb if you do.

I really don't like the 10 warrior GW unit. If you do keep the unit give them shields also. You will rarely ever get the charge I promise.

I think you should beef up your 19 warrior unit up too 22-23 range. Dwarves win through static combat resolution. Which in your current set up if one dwarf dies you lose a full rank which lowers thier effectiveness. imo only in elite dwarf units should you have 20 unit strength only because of their ability to take Magic banners to boost thier unit strength.

I really like having 2 bolt throwers as it is two different targets the opponent has to deal with. I suggest putting engineers with brace pistols on machines where you can as it greatly add's to the units survival in hth.

Bah sorry for rambling so much. Sorry for tearing into your list also. Again these are things I would do and have found out they work for me.