PDA

View Full Version : 1250pt Daemon Army (need some feedback)

Terrokhan
14-04-2009, 06:42
Heroes
Herald of Tzeentch (General) 185pts
Master of Sorcery, Flames of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch.
(This guy will fly around with the cover of some Screamers blasting the enemy with spells like Drain Life from the Lore of Death. The Flames of Tzeentch is great value, basicaly gives you a Flamer of Tzeentch for 25pts, it also synergises well will magic)

Herald of Tzeentch 165pts
Master of Sorcery, Flames of Tzeentch.
(This Herald will stand back with the rest of the army and blast away at the enemy)

Heral of Nurgle 215
Level 1 Wizard, Staff of Nurgle.
(The Staff of Nurgle is amazing, it is the only reason I picked him for my list. Casting Rancid Visitation every magic phase in a magic orientated army is invaluable, the lvl 1 Wizard upgrade is not needed but I took it to fill up points. The trick is to save the staff for your last spell, when your opponent has no more dispell dice due to your brutal casting phase)

Core
10 Horrors of Tzeentch 147pts
Standard bearer with Icon of Sorcery.
(The Icon of sorcery gives your unit a greater chance of casting Flickering Fire of Tzeentch with 1 dice! From a 50% chance to a 66% chance, the points are well worth it)

10 Horrors of Tzeentch 147pts
Standard bearer with Icon of Sorcery.

Special
3 Screamers of Tzeentch 90pts
(These guys are included to provide cover for my General and also slow the enemies march giving me more time to blast their ranks down)

3 Screamers of Tzeentch 90pts

Rare
6 Flamers of Tzeentch 210pts
(They dont need an explanation, max fire power babeh)

So what do you guys think? Do you have any adivice? Im planning of entering in a local tournament so I want a good army. If I was to add anything else it would be a unit of Seekers or Flesh Hounds to counter other shooty armies or hit hard units in the flank.
Thanks for reading over this

-Terrokhan

Sandstone
14-04-2009, 07:15
You never want banners in your Horrors. Any kind of combat will lose you the banner, and the points are a total waste.

Screamers are just bad. I know they look good on paper, but you have to realize that they're T3, one wound models that have only a 5+ Ward in the lines of protection. Cut both of the units and use the 180 points towards a unit of Nurgle Plaguebearers. A 14 man unit with champion and musician will be 186 points, and with the herald in them, the unit WILL NOT DIE (dispel lore of fire). +5 ward + regen = 1.5+ save.

The disc isn't worth it, even with screamers for shields. Use the winged horror gift so that he can jump from horrors to flamers and back. The horrors would like a 4+ ward, as well.

Also, why are you using Master of Sorcery? Lore of Tzeentch is by far the best bang for your buck. Flickering Flames, Bolt of Change, and Glean Magic are outstanding in terms of offensive magic. Gift of Chaos is a great pulse as well.

Terrokhan
14-04-2009, 07:41
Good points man, I forgot that banners are 100pts when lost! And in my previous list the herald of nurgel was in a unit but the points were just too much. On your point of master of sorcery, being lvl 2 wizards they only get 2 spells, what if they only get boon of tzeentch and flickering fire? Master of sorcery gives them every spell from a specific lore and the lores of fire and death are amazing offensive wise and things like fire wall can disrubt my enemies advance. Does anyone else think I should drop the screamers and master of sorcery?

Sandstone
14-04-2009, 08:07
The thing about plaguebearers is that they don't need to make their points back. They're a shield for your Herald and his Staff of Nurgle and most opponents won't go for them. 90% of my games has seen them above half (I play 2250, two units of 14 with heralds), and rarely do they go under 50% for half points.

I see what your concern is with rolling a 1 and 2 for Tzeentch, but I think that the potential outweighs the risk.

Dark14
14-04-2009, 22:28
screamers always make there points back and with tzeentch you should never get into combat with that OP magic/shooting

bob_the_small
14-04-2009, 22:47
IMO drop the screamers and put flesh hounds and flamers in! Yeh and drop the banners on the horrors!

changer of fate
15-04-2009, 11:19
IMO drop the screamers and put flesh hounds and flamers in! Yeh and drop the banners on the horrors!

that would be my army then! lol!:p

Terrokhan
15-04-2009, 12:47
Okay, here is an updated list. Removed screamers, master of sorcery, lvl 1 wizard on nugle herald and a unit of horrors. Added winged horror, unit of plaguebearers and a unit of flesh hounds. The HoN will sit in the unit of plaguebearers, do you think they need full command? How will I stop fast moving armies from smashing me before I have a chance to fry them?

Herald of Tzeentch (General) 160pts
Winged Horror, Flames of Tzeentch.

Herald of Tzeentch 160pts
Winged Horror, Flames of Tzeentch.

Heral of Nurgle 165pts
Staff of Nurgle.

Core
10 Horrors 120pts

14 Plaguebearers 168pts

Special
3 Screamers 90pts

5 Flesh Hounds 175pts

Rare
6 Flamers 210pts

Total: 1248pts

changer of fate
15-04-2009, 12:52
suggest u take away those three screamers as well and one flamer to have another squad of 10 horrors

Terrokhan
15-04-2009, 12:57
Why do you think the horrors are needed? I thought the screamers could fly over fast moving armies and prevent them from marching or even harras warmachine crews...what if i replace the flesh hounds with seekers with a standard of the siren?

changer of fate
15-04-2009, 13:05
i play a magic heavy army.

and from my opinion, ur army got lots of magic elements in 1250. horrors gives ur oppoent another spell to worry about (trust me, flickering fire of tzeentch can be so good against anything). u will dominate in the magic phase and rip ur enemy squads with ur magic (even with 4 flickering fires of tzeentch its gonna hurt)

changer of fate
15-04-2009, 13:09
and btw, 3 screamer is not going to do much.

considering each squad couldonly be hit once in a game

Terrokhan
15-04-2009, 14:02
Why do you think the horrors are needed? I thought the screamers could fly over fast moving armies and prevent them from marching or even harras warmachine crews...what if i replace the flesh hounds with seekers with a standard of the siren?

Terrokhan
15-04-2009, 15:11
i play a magic heavy army.

and from my opinion, ur army got lots of magic elements in 1250. horrors gives ur oppoent another spell to worry about (trust me, flickering fire of tzeentch can be so good against anything). u will dominate in the magic phase and rip ur enemy squads with ur magic (even with 4 flickering fires of tzeentch its gonna hurt)

Ok, but what about against cavalry armies that can charge on the second turn? If a single unit of hard hitting cavalry like chaos knights hits my battle line im done for.

Makina
15-04-2009, 23:16
They'll be dead before they get there ;) Ty them up with your plaguebearers, they will be down 2-3 models before they even get to you.

Sandstone
15-04-2009, 23:49
Plaguebearers don't need full command, just a musician and champion. The herald will be there, so challenges go to him. Musician because you never want to lose combat.