PDA

View Full Version : Chaplain Conversion

Slade
17-12-2005, 14:41
Howdy. I'm trying to make a really cool chaplain with a jump pack. I was thinking, since it's a Black Templar, it could be kind of flashy.

My idea is to take the Nightbringer C'tan model, then add:
the Inquistor Marine head
Terminator shoulders... maybe terminator arms?
Necron Flayed one claws for fingers.. for extremely exagerated lightnig claws.

I'm a little lost on the arms/hands and chest. Cause the bare chest, painted in the back of the rule book, is kind of boring. For a Chaplain.

Will the different size, look really weird in my 40k force? He's leading a marine assault squad. I thought the long dress could look really flashy, like he's bounding up really high.

ideas? suggestions? anything?

ArtificerArmour
17-12-2005, 14:43
it will look really wierd, from what you've said...

Slade
17-12-2005, 14:44
it will look really wierd, from what you've said...

well check out the conversion in the back of the rule book. thats my inspiration. *shrug*

Darkseer
17-12-2005, 15:53
No.

Just...

No.

ArtificerArmour
17-12-2005, 15:55
inquisitor space marine heads are...well...bigger, than 40k heads. much bigger.

brother_fandango
17-12-2005, 16:05
yeah... if you want lightning claws, take the ones from the command squad, and id put em on the chaplin with no helm, and just saw off the arm thats attached. then you could paint a tattoo on his bare face, and he has battle scars on his face already. chaplins are always relative to their battle brothers, so a Giant Giant chaplin would look more chaos looking than anything.

Eduard
17-12-2005, 16:57
But on the plus side, you'll have an marine who's slender and will have a nice -pack :D

edit-ow wait, he wants to use nightbringer... my bad. no six pack then

Hideous Loon
17-12-2005, 22:09
I think this sounds more like a Daemon Prince with Stature and Flight, rather than a Black Templar Chaplain. Remember, the awfully long dress that the Bringer of teh Nite wears is far too long to be worn on the ground, if mr. Chaplain isn't going to trod on it constantly. My first advice is to use a different helmet than the Inquisitor-sized. It'll look far too much like a Statured Daemon Prince.

EDIT: On a second note, I find that Marines that are slender and fit-looking are generally Slaaneshi. Keep that in mind, will you?

Grimtuff
17-12-2005, 22:24
you are aware that also NB is no bigger than a normal model without the huge amount of robes, a normal sized head will fit okay

But, to (mis)quote the Nike slogan: Just Don't Do It