AngelofSorrow
15-04-2009, 04:28
The Title says it all here is the scenario
W= Warg Riders
M= Men of Minas Tirith

W
MMMM
MM
The Warg Riders charge and kill 8 Minas Tirith Warriors ( they are in base contact with 2 companies)
How many attacks do the Warriors get back?

Edonil
15-04-2009, 05:03
16, and then the supporting attacks from the other companies.

The Adept
15-04-2009, 14:52
That's right. Dead models not fighting back is WFB, which is a different game. Remember, if it's not in the WotR rulebook, it's not in the WotR rules.

Edonil
15-04-2009, 16:51
Probably one of my favorite aspects of combat in this, too. Can't tell you the number of times my infantry get slaughtered because I can only manage to get in the two or three attacks of the unit champion...

Steam_Giant
15-04-2009, 18:36
Except warg riders count as cavalry right ? and cavalry strike first over infantry. That means the Warriors of MT take the hits then attack back with warriors that are left ?

EDIT: rulebook page 46 "Determine Striking Order"

Sarah S
15-04-2009, 19:12
Yeah, but they have companies in the back that aren't engaged (by the look of it) so the casualties come out of the non-engaged companies.

Edonil
15-04-2009, 19:17
yep. Until you do enough damage to remove casualties from Warriors in base to base, they will still get 16 attacks. Part of the reason why you want to be super careful about charging infantry with small units of cavalry- unless you do enough damage, you'll get mauled nicely.

Marauder
15-04-2009, 21:02
Agreed. The wargs are going to fair very badly in this scenario. If they had gotten in on the flank they'd have a higher chance to wound (prowler) and they'd be taking less attacks back (flanking)!