PDA

View Full Version : Deffences for Shooty armies?

Terrokhan
15-04-2009, 14:27
Hey guys, I play a magic heavy Daemon army with full Flamers. I was wondering of ways to slow my opponents advance (I was planning on using screamers to disrupt marchin but was told they are not worth the points). If you have any ideas or tactics let me know and also let me know about tacitics you use with other armies. Thanks!

-Terrokhan

Spirit
15-04-2009, 14:53
Try a tzeench character on a disk or something simmilar.

you'll probably already have one so it wont cost many (if any) points, will easily be able to march block, and can usually be tough enough to avoid getting shot. You wont have to worry about magic if you have enough horrors either.

I dont see why screamers are a bad choice though. Although they may be a bit overcosted, they will give you one or 2 more rounds of shooting, which i am sure will make up for it.

jax40kplyr1
15-04-2009, 15:06
Try chaos furies - extremely cheap for what they do. Suck in CC, but can march block. Plus you don't have to worry about them running away when they get shot up.

Kerill
15-04-2009, 15:10
Its one dull army to play against but:
1) Tzeentch heralds on a chariots (a pair of them) are a great threat and great for march blocking they can also rear and flank charge if your opponent continues to advance.
2) Blue scribes can be used as an emergency redirector as well as adding to the magic blasting.
3) One Nurgle block with herald with +D3 CR banner can stop almost anything that gets through.

Used to play this army, retired it because everyone hated playing against it.

Terrokhan
15-04-2009, 15:18
Its one dull army to play against but:
1) Tzeentch heralds on a chariots (a pair of them) are a great threat and great for march blocking they can also rear and flank charge if your opponent continues to advance.
2) Blue scribes can be used as an emergency redirector as well as adding to the magic blasting.
3) One Nurgle block with herald with +D3 CR banner can stop almost anything that gets through.

Used to play this army, retired it because everyone hated playing against it.

Wow i never thought of using the heralds on chariots like that, thanks heaps man i will have to think about my current list. Maybe by including furries aswell.

Havock
15-04-2009, 17:26
Sorry, you can't use beastmen anymore.

Jericho
15-04-2009, 17:40
What Beastmen? Furies are Demons...

Heh Chaos Furries... that gives me a creepy mental image but I will agree that these things were spawned in some sulfurous level of hell ;)

Kerill
15-04-2009, 17:45
Wow i never thought of using the heralds on chariots like that, thanks heaps man i will have to think about my current list. Maybe by including furries aswell.

These are my old battle reps with such an army, some things have changed since then (heralds can't take lore of tzeentch with MOS, MR now doesn't affect area spells but swap tzeentch for lore of light/death and it would work the same way)

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141369