PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity characters and animosity

stashman
15-04-2009, 15:48
I have a question about stupidity characters in a greenskin army.

Lets say I have a orc big boss that have been drinking guzzlas brew and he gets stupidity. I also have the general in the unit that is a black orc warboss.

Here it goes.

1. Roll for stupidity. I don't succed. Do the unit move 2 inch?

2. Do I roll for animosity after stupidity even if it failed?

3. If I have to roll for animosity and manage to roll 6, do the unit move 1d6 inch and then 2 inch?

4. Even if I have a general in the same unit, does it still counts as stupid even if the other character is lower in rank?

5. If it counts as a stupid unit, then is it affected and then counts as Immune to psychology?

6. Can you still move stupid units with hand of gork or waaagh spells?

Thanks for all help I can get.

Malorian
15-04-2009, 15:56
1. Assuming they are on foot, yes.
2. Animosity is done first as it's done at the start of the turn whereas stupidity is rolled in the movement phase.
3. The unit would move up D6 and then 2 inches yes.
4. The whole unit is effected yes.
5. Yes (very annoying sometimes when you want to flee).
6. Not sure on this one...

Lord Zarkov
15-04-2009, 16:10
Malorian is correct except for point 2, Animosity is taken after Stupidity as per p48 of the BRB "Tests at the Start of the Turn".
There is nothing that I can find to say that Animosity isn't still applied if a unit acts stupidly. Bear in mind though only a roll of a 6 would have any actual effect (as the unit is still subject to the Stupidity's compulsory movement and inability to do anything).

6. The until will still be moved by any spells that cause it to move but may not volunterially declare a charge.

stripsteak
15-04-2009, 16:10
2) Malorian has those backwards actually. stupidity is start of turn (pg52) while animosity is start of movement phase. so stupidity is done first.
3) pg 78
6) I don't see why these wouldn't work on a stupid unit.

Malorian
15-04-2009, 16:37
Doesn't stupidity come after declaring charges?

Lord Zarkov
15-04-2009, 17:02
no, the stupid movement does, but the test is taken at the beginning of the turn, after Terror tests but before any other start-of-turn effect from any special rule or spell. (see BRB p48)

Malorian
15-04-2009, 17:05
Ok, that's what I thought. So my answers are right, just not when you take the test.

So for example you would roll, fail your stupidity test, roll animosity and if you get a 6 then move up D6, and then in the movement phase stumble up 2 more inches.

Lord Zarkov
15-04-2009, 17:07
That would be correct

stashman
15-04-2009, 19:35
Hmmm... What if I roll a 1 for animosity and the stupid character is the only black orc. Is he too dumb to quell animosity or do he kick the smaller orcs?

And is this right?

5. If it counts as a stupid unit, then is it affected and then counts as Immune to psychology?
5. Yes (very annoying sometimes when you want to flee).

So the whole unit gets stupidity??? Even if its only the character that is stupid??

If a character is ITP the unit still has to roll for fear/terror.

Lord Zarkov
15-04-2009, 19:38
Quell Animosity is not an ability affected by stupidity so the unit will take the hits as usual.

N810
15-04-2009, 19:43
Yep the whole unit is only as smart as the stupidest model,
(if a stupid charater rolls badly on his stupid roll the whole unit suffers the effects)

stashman
15-04-2009, 19:51
Well sometimes an unlucky stupidity roll can have a good effect! Like being attack by a terror object and just stay ITP and hold the line.

Thanks for all answers.