PDA

View Full Version : Keeper of Secrets: Starfish or Cow?

dooombot
15-04-2009, 18:00
just wondering, whats the preferred head of the KoS, Monster Starfish or Bovine?

Lord Damocles
15-04-2009, 18:14
Bovine all the way, baby!

...erm... yeah...

Lewis
15-04-2009, 18:17
The orginal late 80's version all the way!

Max_Killfactor
15-04-2009, 18:18
I like my KoS like I like my women: beefy.

Bovine > Starfish

Bloodknight
15-04-2009, 18:19
I voted cow, although I always found him more looking like a goat. Actually, the current kit was one of the most sensible ideas they had, adding the good looking head from the 5th(3rd) edition KoS to the awful S&M squid they created for the last HoC army book (or was it CSM 3.5? I don't remember). I remember that I bitzordered the "cow" head when it wasn't part of the box because I hated killer squid so much, but wanted a KoS for my Noise Marine army.

Charax
15-04-2009, 18:21
I've never met anyone who likes Frank the Bondage Starfish

Lewis
15-04-2009, 18:21
I like my KoS like I like my women: beefy.

and actually hermaphrodite?

RampagingRavener
15-04-2009, 18:24
I'll be the first to admit to voting for the Bondage Starfish.

Though, granted, my KoS kit didn't come with the 'original' head, so maybe I've just gotten used to it.

Inquisitor Engel
15-04-2009, 18:53
The cow head is best.

The cow/bull or goat was the animal traditionally sacrificed to the Gods for a long, long time because it was associated with both wealth, plenty, food and a generally much more agrarian, relaxed life than the hard life of a hunter.

It fits with Slaanesh's ethos.

Hicks
15-04-2009, 18:55
I actually like both equally.

Grindgodgrind
15-04-2009, 18:55
I like the Bull/Goat's head, I've never been a fan of the genital head.

Fay_Redd
15-04-2009, 18:58
BONDAGE STARFISH O' DOOM!

the cow/horse head is horrible. whats it going to do eat all your grass and make you lose the battle.

i vote starfish, although i hate all GW's current GD models save for LoC which in my eyes is the best looking one.

Devil Tree
15-04-2009, 19:08
I put my vote down for the bondage starfish. There're enough demonic cows and goats out there anyways. You do have to give Slaanesh credit, it does take talent to corrupt Sponge Bobís buddy Patrick. :D

massey
15-04-2009, 19:11
Cow head. It reminds me of old symbolism of fertility and plenty. The Israelites forged a golden calf when Moses was off in the mountains getting the Ten Commandments. The Minotaur came from King Minos' wife, who saw a beautiful bull in the fields and was compelled by the gods to... umm, yeah. So cow head KoS makes me think of old idols and pagan gods. Starfish head reminds me of... nothing, really.

Max_Killfactor
15-04-2009, 19:13
and actually hermaphrodite?

Just more to love.

Coasty
15-04-2009, 19:14
Cow head. It reminds me of old symbolism of fertility and plenty.

Hathor loves you, too. :D

carldooley
15-04-2009, 19:24
sorry, what cow model\cow head?

Obliterati
15-04-2009, 19:25
My stepdaughter saw my cowhead KoS once and asked "what's the matter with that pony? He looks sick".

And I thought to myself, ha! at least she doesn't think I did something weird to Patrick the Starfish.

And then I thought to myself, damn. I should keep these models away from the kids...

So yeah. Cow head.

Lewis
15-04-2009, 19:27
"what's the matter with that pony? He looks sick".

I for one would like to see this line appear in a Black Library novel.

Tymell
15-04-2009, 19:32
I'd go with starfish of the two. The cow head just looks daft, starfish actually looks vaguely daemonic. Now, I'd love something unusual, something that isn't inherently daemonic and so works well for a god of (among other things) seduction and deceptive appearances. I think a bovine head could work. But as it is, I don't much like it.

Although just generally I think the Keeper of Secrets is one of the weaker, less inspired greater daemon models.

Of course, ultimately I go with neither. Forge World Keeper all the way :D

Dangersaurus
15-04-2009, 19:34
Various choices of cow head, before the scale creep on greater daemons came about.

dooombot
15-04-2009, 20:20
My stepdaughter saw my cowhead KoS once and asked "what's the matter with that pony? He looks sick".

ha ha what a great mental image...

...thats when you turn and, in your best Dan Akroyd voice, say "Hey, you wanna see something really scary?"

I too prefer the cow/goat head...reminds of Baphomet.

Templar Ben
15-04-2009, 20:35
I don't think it looks like a cow. It is too flat. Maybe more of a camel head? Makes sense given that other models often have camel toe.

That is the one I picked.

vyper
15-04-2009, 20:45
The cow head is by far my favourite. Does the current kit come with both options now? I've been put off buying one until now due to the starfish head. :(

Threeshades
15-04-2009, 20:46
The cow head is by far my favourite. Does the current kit come with both options now? I've been put off buying one until now due to the starfish head. :(

All greater daemon kits now come with both the late 3rd and the 2nd Edition heads.

Ravenheart
15-04-2009, 21:34
Starfish for me. Looks more twisted and alien like. The cow on the other hand a bit sad and frustrated.

monopeludo
15-04-2009, 22:02
BONDAGE STARFISH O' DOOM!
the cow/horse head is horrible. whats it going to do eat all your grass and make you lose the battle.

LOL Two of the most funny things I've read for a long time.

I vote cow. The pagan feeling is much better. Looks like a bullheaded golden idol surrounded by an orgy of worshippers. Very slaaneshy.

Dr. Hellbeast
15-04-2009, 22:18
I'm thinking about picking up one of the Inquisitor scale ladies cheap on eBay to utilise their head on my KoS. I'm thinking this lady's bonce would be the pick of the bunch:

EVIL INC
15-04-2009, 23:07
I have to agree here. Bovine heads that actually looked like cow heads and had actual character to them.

Grindgodgrind
15-04-2009, 23:10
I want one of the old KoS's. I want it to look like a Venom album cover.

holmcross
15-04-2009, 23:11
I dig the bull head because it has the old school style to it. I think it's also a bit more meanencing to have something which is fairly docile (a cow's head) associated with that model.

The starfish head has also been a little too stock for my tastes.

sorry, what cow model\cow head?

http://www.coolminiornot.com/143663

Come to think of it, that version is more of a horse head then the original bull head.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/40902

Thats the old model, but the head looks like a conversion.

Lord Inquisitor
15-04-2009, 23:24
I'm thinking about picking up one of the Inquisitor scale ladies cheap on eBay to utilise their head on my KoS. I'm thinking this lady's bonce would be the pick of the bunch:

Her head might look a little small on the Keeper's body. But yeah, I, too, prefer the idea of a 50-foot sexy daemonette than either the cow or the starfish. Since there wasn't an option, I guess I prefer the cow out of the two.

dooombot
15-04-2009, 23:55
well I too, and I'm sure most people, think the best KoS model is the FW one. Its just awesome. But also a no-brainer. Of course its the best, its awesome! lol

I started this cause I was putting together a GW Keeper (took me ALL DAY at work. rassa frassan metal models....) and wondered what people thoughts on the two head options were. It's wierd cuz the pic in the Fantasy BRB of the High Elf on the ledge facing down a KoS has a Starfish of Doom head, and its one of my favorite pieces of Warhammer art, but on the model I prefer the Bovine head.

Strangely GW seems to associate the Starfish with Fantasy and the Bovine with 40k. Wonder why......

Threeshades
16-04-2009, 00:35
I dig the bull head because it has the old school style to it. I think it's also a bit more meanencing to have something which is fairly docile (a cow's head) associated with that model.

The starfish head has also been a little too stock for my tastes.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/143663

Come to think of it, that version is more of a horse head then the original bull head.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/40902

Thats the old model, but the head looks like a conversion.

yeah the old head is more like a goat or pony with long horns and some alien extras.

That really old model... now that's just... wrong.

Well after taking a look at both versions I have to say: The heads alone are both pretty much equally awesome. But on the KoS body, the Starfish just looks horribly misplaced. They should have given that head its own body and it might have been awesome, but the goat headed KoS's body belongs to the goat headed KoS's head.

solkan
16-04-2009, 00:56
Ah, man, I wanted to vote for the livestock skull head from back when they wore boots. :cries:

But given the choices, the evil starfish head suits that newfangled model better.

RichBlake
16-04-2009, 02:07
I advised my mate to go cow.

I dunno why it looked more.... god like.

victorpofa
16-04-2009, 03:06

I got one of those with a Chaos army on ebay. Those thigh boots are scary.