PDA

View Full Version : The nurgle Sniper and Hag Greaf flagman!

kramplarv
15-04-2009, 22:37
We are having a tournament soon, a club championship. I am bringing forth my mighty WoC army. :) But my main problem is how to handle DE, mostly, the BG with ASF-banner.

But #1 Spell with nurgle says I choose model within 24". Can I choose the standardbearer (not a bsb, a regimental) and when he is killed, will the unit still have the ASF-Flag?

#1: yes. Because another DE picks it up.
#2: No, because banners are no picked up unless in close combat
#3: Stupid poster. You can't pick the standard bearer since he is a part of a unit, not champion or character. Stop bending rules and start playing already!

which is correct? :) I believe #3 is correct, But I Hope for #2 :) Since the spell says model :angel::o

Tae
15-04-2009, 22:47
#3, though I wouldn't have phrased it quite like that. Regimental standards are RnF so therefore cannot be picked out. Background wise, basically the guy behind picks it up as it 'belongs' to the unit as a whole, rather than a BSB which 'belongs' to the individual bearer.

stripsteak
15-04-2009, 22:48
they don't really have rules that pertain to shooting a specific rank and file model, just charactrers and champions. but from melee the only way to remove a standard pretty much kill the unit or make it flee from combat. 'it is assumed that if the standard bearer is killed, another warrior will pick up the banner' it doesn't say that applies exclusively to cc and it sounds generic enough to work for shooting as well.

Necromancy Black
15-04-2009, 22:51
It's number 2.

The spell lets you pick any model but the Standard is simply picked up by another rank and file model.

It would work however if the unit is down to only character and command group left.

Lord Yawgmoth
16-04-2009, 03:27
It's number 2.

The spell lets you pick any model but the Standard is simply picked up by another rank and file model.

It would work however if the unit is down to only character and command group left.

wouldn't that be 1?

Necromancy Black
16-04-2009, 04:50
wouldn't that be 1?

maybe... :angel:

kramplarv
16-04-2009, 12:37
thanks dudes :D just proved me a wisherman :D