PDA

View Full Version : Looking for something chaotic and big...

athamas
17-12-2005, 23:49
rite im looking for something nice and big to add to a chaos army,

the army as stands [in theory] its mostly mounted with fast, lord on steed of slannesh, 2 mounted scorcerers, units knights, with a unit of mounted deamonets in there as well, with one unit of chosen warriors carying the magic missle banner for skirmish sniping.. and munching of anoying tie up units..

but i want something interesting, something thats different.. i might include a hell cannon, but if not then some spawn...

so basicly any unit form the Boc book is open, but im not sure what...
something with abit of a punch, that fits with a slaanesh army...

i want something i can convert, as its fun, and i need something to entertain me this christmass...

so any ideas? whats good to play with, fun, chalanging, but still usefull?

User Name
18-12-2005, 00:08
If you odnt want to spend too many points, and thus dont have to alter your list that much to add it I would take a mutant monstrocity giant at 225, for many stats at 6 and stubron with max ld value it takes a fair amount to kill it and can dish out enough damage to whipe out entire units or big nasties with some lucky dice rolls.

Nobody wants to fight 3-4 minotaurs with great weapons, they are my fav of the 40mm monsters, very killy and they persue 3d6

MarcoPollo
18-12-2005, 02:39
I agree, the chaos Giant is nice, big, and effective. It gives a nice centerpiece for any chaos army.

Griefbringer
18-12-2005, 10:46
How about a Slaaneshi giant stucking a gnoblar champion (groinbiter) into his trousers?

skavenguy13
18-12-2005, 11:04
Thou shalt not messth with gnblars!!!

Anyway, I like the giant idea. Maybe some slaanesh minotaurs could be nice? Or maybe even a beast herd, to give you mobility in the woods.

Sandlemad
18-12-2005, 15:03
Some sort of giant snake?
You could use the giant rules or the great chaos beast rules from FW but you'd probably need to sculpt it yourself.
It would really make you stand out.

DrDoom
18-12-2005, 15:21
Slaanbull and friends. Effective on the table top and disturbing to your friends.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
18-12-2005, 18:34
I agree w/ DrDoom. Get some minotaurs and deck 'em out in lots of jewelry (suitably chaotic) and maybe tentacles here and there. They dont' need tits to be slaaneshi. Have one wielding a guitar!!!

kyussinchains
19-12-2005, 13:00
what about the FW keeper of secrets? it's not TOO big to use in a game, it's rock solid, and the model is beautiful!

pity it costs 85 smackers though....

athamas
19-12-2005, 13:29
yeah, i want something that is usalbe in a 2000 -2500 point game,

a giant looks good, give him a big hammer or axe and armour up his other side...

is it worth waiting till the new plasic one comes out though?

AngelofSorrow
19-12-2005, 15:42
Id go with some Dragon Ogres as they are big very killy decent armor and M7 so they can do a good job of keepin up with ur troops

OR
A shaggoth

Jimbobjeff
20-12-2005, 19:53
how 'bout a huge mutated slaneshi shaggoth?